Sportsmanship: a comparative case study - Page 4 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who was right, who was wrong?
Luiz Adriano and Contador were right 7 20.59%
Luiz Adriano and Contador were wrong 3 8.82%
Luiz Adriano was right, Contador was wrong 1 2.94%
Luiz Adriano was wrong, Contador was right 23 67.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-12, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
http://shakhtar.com/en/news/24590

Apparently Adriano disagrees with El Pistolero...
Ah, a public apology.

Greg Lemond once apologized to Amstrong because he accused him of doping. Does that mean Greg Lemond is wrong now? Or that he was pressured to make that apology by someone bigger than him? *cough* Trek *cough* *cough* Armstrong *cough*

I hope you have better arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
No the thread is about 2 incidents. Thats Schlecks chain in 2010, not your grudge against Vino denying Gilbert 3rd place at 2010 lbl or ebh or any of that.
Yes, 2 incidents from 2 different sports compared to each other. I don't need to explain you the meaning of the word comparative do I? Where does it state I cannot use an analogy as an argument?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-22-12 at 20:56.
Old 11-22-12, 21:08

Another difference between the 2 is that chaingate cost andy the tour. This goal probably didnt affect the outcome much in a game that wasnt even that important.

Yet there is such an outcry. Why? cos everyone can see it was messed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Where does it state I cannot use an analogy as an argument?
You can use what you want, im just telling you that justifying what happened on Tuesday with "They attacked when Ebh took a **** in the Tour of Oman" doesn't make any sense.

The 2 incidents have no similarities.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-22-12, 21:10

If you draw your sword first then drop it....tough!! Abandony Schleck got what they deserved after their shenanigans on the earlier stages Alberto was spot on.

What's this other thing you're talking about?? Whats soccer..

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 11-22-12, 21:12

I think Adriano was wrong, but the other team deserved to be scored on anyway for delaying the game with such a pathetic "injury". Guy falls down in a crumpled heap like his face had been melted off with acid, game stops, guy jumps up and is back in the game like nothing happened.

Isn't THAT a violation of "fair play"?

That's almost as bad as intentionally crashing one's track bike just to get a chance to redo the start, when it is in the spirit of "fair play" that the re-start rule was ever devised.
Old 11-22-12, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Another difference between the 2 is that chaingate cost andy the tour. This goal probably didnt affect the outcome much in a game that wasnt even that important.

Yet there is such an outcry. Why? cos everyone can see it was messed up

You can use what you want, im just telling you that justifying what happened on Tuesday with "They attacked when Ebh took a **** in the Tour of Oman" doesn't make any sense.

The 2 incidents have no similarities.
There was no outcry, or a small one, when Andy got time on Contador at the cobbled stage. Yet there was a big outcry when Contador did the same to Andy.

You tell me why. Double standards? Or people being stupid? According to Einstein it's the latter.

Some football fans could kill each other because they lost a match. I'm not sure why you're even using them as an argument. They make a big fuss about a sport and are willing to go very far for that. How many football riots have we witnessed already? I wouldn't dare go to a big football match without a whole police force guarding the safety of everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_QpNue5S8

What football player are you going to blame for being unfair here? Such a big outcry, what did everybody see that was so messed up? Or are you willing to admit football fans make a big fuss about nothing.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-22-12 at 21:28.
Old 11-22-12, 22:19
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverrocket View Post
I think Adriano was wrong, but the other team deserved to be scored on anyway for delaying the game with such a pathetic "injury". Guy falls down in a crumpled heap like his face had been melted off with acid, game stops, guy jumps up and is back in the game like nothing happened.

Isn't THAT a violation of "fair play"?

That's almost as bad as intentionally crashing one's track bike just to get a chance to redo the start, when it is in the spirit of "fair play" that the re-start rule was ever devised.

indeed, what i saw was a guy faking an injury to stop the game and maybe try to get one of the shaktar guys expelled for an aggression and then being but hurt because the other team didn't have any fair play. . . . honestly as much as i like football, the sport is filled with false fair play and hypocrisy.

you go luiz adriano.

as for contador, lol this again. still have fire in your tummy for things that happened 2 and a half years ago christian?
Old 11-22-12, 22:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
indeed, what i saw was a guy faking an injury to stop the game and maybe try to get one of the shaktar guys expelled for an aggression and then being but hurt because the other team didn't have any fair play. . . . honestly as much as i like football, the sport is filled with false fair play and hypocrisy.
But why should he try to stop the game? His team had the ball. And how can you tell he wasn't elbowed in solar plexus?
Old 11-23-12, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
But why should he try to stop the game? His team had the ball. And how can you tell he wasn't elbowed in solar plexus?
The video clearly show that he collided face-into-shoulder with the other guy, and was holding his face as he flopped around on the ground. Video also shows him smiling as soon as he stood up. His "crippling face injury" was quite fleeting, wasn't it?!
Old 11-23-12, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Not my problem they're fools.

Everyone with a little ounce of vision saw that he was going for the goal to score. They didn't even try to do anything, probably because they thought the referee would back them up, I call that being lazy. I've even read interviews that a player of the Danish team thought the Ukrainian team would give them a goal for free after this. Lmao. No wonder they lost.

Anyway, I really don't care about football because of all the faking that goes on to try and get the referee to hand out penalties, yellow cards or red cards. Just play ball and take a hit once in a while.
This ignorance is baffling. There are no words.
Old 11-23-12, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicDecoco View Post
This ignorance is baffling. There are no words.
Hilarious post. Though not nearly as hilarious as the bad acting of that player on the Danish team. Sour losers.

Don't they teach you not to trust strangers in Denmark? Just wondering. This was a move the Greeks themselves would be proud of.
Quote:

Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-23-12 at 20:44.