Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 48 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-12, 16:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
seems typical for someone like you to do. to backstab people and report them because you aren't grown-up enough to realize this is just a forum
Coming form a guy who's suspended every other day, I should consider this a complement, thanks Ryo.
Old 11-22-12, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
He got a 48 h ban for clinic talk in RR forum
Well it's About Time...he ignored the rules for months....maybe this will wise him up that behavior has consequences!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 11-22-12, 16:55
Administrator

back on topic fellas, cba to delete posts atm but will start doing so if the discussion doesn't go back on track.

thank you for defending me hitch, in this modern days it's rare to see a shinny armored knight
Old 11-22-12, 17:07

Back to Tour 2013

If Contador rides; barring injury or illness I can't see anyone beating him on this parcours. He has the strength, Mind, race savvy and Drive of a true champion.

Froome has shown tremendous potential to be a GT winner. Given the strength of Sky he will make a Formidable opponent and that in turn will make a Great Race

If Sky can control the race as they did last year it may be difficult for Contador/Andy? to get away. But IMO it will happen, either together or alone they will stretch the Sky elastic and it will break. Then it will all be up to Froome to show what he has.

Should be an interesting race

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!

Last edited by Carols; 11-22-12 at 17:11.
Old 11-22-12, 17:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Coming form a guy who's suspended every other day, I should consider this a complement, thanks Ryo.
which prooves my point. thank you
Old 11-22-12, 19:00
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Back to Tour 2013

If Contador rides; barring injury or illness I can't see anyone beating him on this parcours. He has the strength, Mind, race savvy and Drive of a true champion.

Froome has shown tremendous potential to be a GT winner. Given the strength of Sky he will make a Formidable opponent and that in turn will make a Great Race

If Sky can control the race as they did last year it may be difficult for Contador/Andy? to get away. But IMO it will happen, either together or alone they will stretch the Sky elastic and it will break. Then it will all be up to Froome to show what he has.

Besides achieving this year's form, Froome will also have to improve tactically in order to win the Tour. His ride in Vuelta didn't leave impression he reads the race well even when he has the legs.
But I'm not convinced at all that Wiggins won't defend the title.

Regarding Contador and Schleck, we'll have to wait spring to see where they are.
If Vuelta can be taken as indicator of Contador's level after the suspension, then he's not as he was and will have to improve if he wants to win the Tour. Lacks explosiveness and some endurance. While endurance could be achieved by racing, explosiveness is quality more related to genetics and age, thus harder to gain by training (even specific).

The route looks very good for Contador and Froome; less good, but well enough, for Evans, if he manages to catch his 2011 form; and least good, but still not bad, for Wiggins and Schleck. And that's my order of favorites at the moment, with all presumptions about their best form, health and luck.

Last edited by serfla; 11-22-12 at 19:07.
Old 11-22-12, 19:33

if Froome want to have a chance to win the TDF, he needs first to get off of his powermeter during races... and race hard until the death!
Old 11-22-12, 23:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
Besides achieving this year's form, Froome will also have to improve tactically in order to win the Tour. His ride in Vuelta didn't leave impression he reads the race well even when he has the legs.
But I'm not convinced at all that Wiggins won't defend the title.

Regarding Contador and Schleck, we'll have to wait spring to see where they are.
If Vuelta can be taken as indicator of Contador's level after the suspension, then he's not as he was and will have to improve if he wants to win the Tour. Lacks explosiveness and some endurance. While endurance could be achieved by racing, explosiveness is quality more related to genetics and age, thus harder to gain by training (even specific).

The route looks very good for Contador and Froome; less good, but well enough, for Evans, if he manages to catch his 2011 form; and least good, but still not bad, for Wiggins and Schleck. And that's my order of favorites at the moment, with all presumptions about their best form, health and luck.
I disagree about Wiggins. I think he will ride the Giro to win and the Tour to offer some support to Froome. He wants to win the Giro and see no reason to disbelieve what has been reported. Will be interesting to see how the two BMC riders perform. Nobody seems to think they can make the podium or if they do, that view is being buried under the Contador/Froome/Schleck talk.
Old 11-23-12, 00:07
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Back to Tour 2013

Nice summary Carols. If both Andy and Alberto arrive in form, IMO, Sky setting up a train in the mountains will greatly play into their hands and Froome will be isolated very quickly when A & A send their boys out to play
Old 11-23-12, 01:36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
I disagree about Wiggins. I think he will ride the Giro to win and the Tour to offer some support to Froome. He wants to win the Giro and see no reason to disbelieve what has been reported. Will be interesting to see how the two BMC riders perform. Nobody seems to think they can make the podium or if they do, that view is being buried under the Contador/Froome/Schleck talk.
Yes. So far, Giro's looking like Wiggo's next big goal. And its route looks promising for Wiggins. But, somehow, I doubt the champion won't defend the title in anniversary edition of the race. Not that 100th Tour has special value by itself, but premium competition, which is supposed to line up and was missing this year, should provoke defending champion to prove his worth and validity of the title he's won.
Anyway, I think he has to target the Tour again (next year or the year after), if he wants to validate this year's achievement. Otherwise, his title won't have the weight it deserves, despite dominating stage races throughout the year and being the first British Yellow jersey.
If he decides not to defend the title, outside the GB his victory could be remembered equally like Sastre's or (even worse) Pereiro's.
Integral part of sporting heroism and greatness is defending won.