Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 11-16-12, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
I have 155 riders that i am currently experimenting with to make teams. I wish i could have more than one team...
155???? How did you find that number of options?
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 11-17-12, 06:19

I had up to 700 then i narrowed it down.
I was filling it in all year.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

"No one is dropping Simon Gerrans."
Old 11-17-12, 16:28

I decided to make two teams... one to submit with all the good deals, then one for fun with only riders I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
Old 11-17-12, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
I decided to make two teams... one to submit with all the good deals, then one for fun with only riders I like.
I did that the first year too! It was fun to have my 2 teams compete against each other when I wasn't really moving up and down the official list very much.
Old 11-17-12, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
I also wanted to do this but then I realized all the riders I like are good deals
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 11-19-12, 00:08

So I've found some motivation to take a good look at my potential team in the last week, put together a long list after looking at transfer info, neo-pros, plus some notes I took during the year. I have just over 100 names (about 30 less than last year's list, I think partially because I was taking more notes during the season last year and so I had a bunch of riders that ended up doing better at the end of the season).

I'm about 2/3 of the way through checking them individually more thoroughly. A quick survey down the list indicates to me that there are about 22-25 names that are a pretty sure thing at this point, leaving 8-10 spaces to try to fit everything. This is of course without taking into account total points, it's just a wishlist, so making the final thing fit will be interesting. But it's fun to start getting back into this again!
Old 11-19-12, 02:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
Right, well then we can start 'the DQ Ranking Manager Game'.
I think I have found 16 riders that have a guaranteed spot in my team so far.
Old 11-22-12, 23:12

35 riders at 7144. Edited it several times this week. Still not a sure thing that it's the team I'll be submitting as I may continue to edit it in the coming weeks.
Old 11-23-12, 06:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric8-A View Post
35 riders at 7144. Edited it several times this week. Still not a sure thing that it's the team I'll be submitting as I may continue to edit it in the coming weeks.
Hope it's not the one you submit because then I will have to send you a PM asking you to cut two riders to get to the 33 riders limit
Old 11-23-12, 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
Hope it's not the one you submit because then I will have to send you a PM asking you to cut two riders to get to the 33 riders limit
Thanks for letting me know. I thought it was 35. Looked past the rules this time thinking I had them well memorized