Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #481  
Old 11-23-12, 17:24
AllenScott AllenScott is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Van Garderen
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 11-23-12, 19:16
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,854
Default

That would be a surprise! And I would like it if I wasn't a Alberto fangirl
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 11-23-12, 19:40
Vino attacks everyone's Avatar
Vino attacks everyone Vino attacks everyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
That would be a surprise! And I would like it if I wasn't a Alberto fangirl
what about Kash?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZnoGouD View Post
Nibali will make one of his useless attacks
Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 11-23-12, 20:02
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
what about Kash?
He had one good year in a career that started in 2001.

What about him?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 11-23-12, 20:11
Vino attacks everyone's Avatar
Vino attacks everyone Vino attacks everyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
He had one good year in a career that started in 2001.

What about him?
2 good seasons, don't be ignorant
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZnoGouD View Post
Nibali will make one of his useless attacks
Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 11-23-12, 20:51
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
2 good seasons, don't be ignorant
That's not really helping you to prove your point

i don't remember pre-2006.

But 2006 was obviously good (3th GC vuelta, right?)

And in tour 2007 he normally would have ended 5th or 6th in GC.
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 11-24-12, 19:15
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
lol even i did not think you would be this desperate.

airstream complaining to the mods about other postrs? are you serious?

The only reason most posters don't report half the posts he makes is because we think it offers some comic value.

And even then its only thanks to the generosity of the mods that he hasnt been banned yet. You want to complain about airstream being unfairly treated by the mods? Wans't he trolling LF by talking about how Contador deserves to die? Its amazing hes not on a new account by now.
Dear Hitch, surely I understand that oddly enough you could brilliantly master English living in London and it allows you to ridicule and needle me on any occasion, but arrogance is a dangerous vice. You are no one here, like me, like any separate poster and you are not entitled to say for entire forum, saying 'WE' and evaluating my posts. You, Florecita and Netserk is NOT a forum. OMG, mods are so generous...

IMO the thing you could present like an allegoric comparison to darwinism while saying about Contador and others is closer to nazism — proclamation of upper and lower races due to subjective reality by default. Lion and gaselles as you motivated. But this approach doesn't take into consideration factor of the time and contention. Nothing depends on one rider and the reason for this is not crushes or illnesses, but rivals. In general, we have no reason to unambiguously affirm that say the level Contador and Schleck showed in the 2009 is higher than Sky in this year Tour, but when it is presented as fact recognized by everyone, it is pretty comical. The guys like Nibali and Purito are treated just like crowd scene — decent decoration for the Great One. Really laughable. Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps you are learning some special pro-Contador darwinism in your educational institution. Then I give up.
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 11-24-12, 21:33
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Dear Hitch, surely I understand that oddly enough you could brilliantly master English living in London and it allows you to ridicule and needle me on any occasion, but arrogance is a dangerous vice. You are no one here, like me, like any separate poster and you are not entitled to say for entire forum, saying 'WE' and evaluating my posts. You, Florecita and Netserk is NOT a forum. OMG, mods are so generous...

IMO the thing you could present like an allegoric comparison to darwinism while saying about Contador and others is closer to nazism proclamation of upper and lower races due to subjective reality by default. Lion and gaselles as you motivated. But this approach doesn't take into consideration factor of the time and contention. Nothing depends on one rider and the reason for this is not crushes or illnesses, but rivals. In general, we have no reason to unambiguously affirm that say the level Contador and Schleck showed in the 2009 is higher than Sky in this year Tour, but when it is presented as fact recognized by everyone, it is pretty comical. The guys like Nibali and Purito are treated just like crowd scene decent decoration for the Great One. Really laughable. Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps you are learning some special pro-Contador darwinism in your educational institution. Then I give up.


I'm clearly not a part of the 'we' Hitch talks about, so why name me?
__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Landis
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 11-24-12, 21:43
Arnout Arnout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Dear Hitch, surely I understand that oddly enough you could brilliantly master English living in London and it allows you to ridicule and needle me on any occasion, but arrogance is a dangerous vice. You are no one here, like me, like any separate poster and you are not entitled to say for entire forum, saying 'WE' and evaluating my posts. You, Florecita and Netserk is NOT a forum. OMG, mods are so generous...

IMO the thing you could present like an allegoric comparison to darwinism while saying about Contador and others is closer to nazism proclamation of upper and lower races due to subjective reality by default. Lion and gaselles as you motivated. But this approach doesn't take into consideration factor of the time and contention. Nothing depends on one rider and the reason for this is not crushes or illnesses, but rivals. In general, we have no reason to unambiguously affirm that say the level Contador and Schleck showed in the 2009 is higher than Sky in this year Tour, but when it is presented as fact recognized by everyone, it is pretty comical. The guys like Nibali and Purito are treated just like crowd scene decent decoration for the Great One. Really laughable. Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps you are learning some special pro-Contador darwinism in your educational institution. Then I give up.
I agree with this, and I am being serious.
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 11-24-12, 21:59
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
I agree with this, and I am being serious.
I don't know whether that makes you good or bad at English.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.