Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win 2013 GIRO?
Nibali 90 32.03%
Rodriguez 29 10.32%
Hesjedal 16 5.69%
Basso 9 3.20%
Wiggins 106 37.72%
Scarponi 2 0.71%
Others 29 10.32%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-12, 01:45
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
RCS finally did a reel of the 2012 edition.

This was badly missing from the presentation.
if you are talking about the video shared by the organization on facebook today, that video was made by a spanish guy a little after the giro

link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwDTFBsdtWw

is it that one?
Old 11-24-12, 02:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
if you are talking about the video shared by the organization on facebook today, that video was made by a spanish guy a little after the giro

link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwDTFBsdtWw

is it that one?
Damn. I figured if the giros facebook page linked it, it was the traditional rcs video. Shame on.me.and thanks for the correctio.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-24-12, 02:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
Sky never do the US races.The main sponsor isn't in that market.
Yeah, that another reason it's too bad Dombrowski signed with Sky. He has and would do very well in the American races.
Old 11-24-12, 03:55

Dombrowski is a pure GT rider, pretty much the only races which suit him. It makes a lot of sense to do the Giro which has more of his terrain in three weeks than a whole calendar of non-GT races.
Old 11-24-12, 04:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Dombrowski is a pure GT rider, pretty much the only races which suit him. It makes a lot of sense to do the Giro which has more of his terrain in three weeks than a whole calendar of non-GT races.
Down the line, yes definitely. He'll be a great talent in the GT's. But I'm not sure Sky will want to throw him into a grand tour in his first season. And since Wiggins will try to win the Giro I don't know if they would want a rider that is at the moment untested in GT's to support him.
Old 11-24-12, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Down the line, yes definitely. He'll be a great talent in the GT's. But I'm not sure Sky will want to throw him into a grand tour in his first season. And since Wiggins will try to win the Giro I don't know if they would want a rider that is at the moment untested in GT's to support him.
I think they'll try to find out what level he has in some of the WT stage races in spring, and then he can probably prepare for the Vuelta with JTL. Dombrowksi also sucks at TTT(I assume) so that might be another reason for Sky to keep him out of the Giro.
Old 11-24-12, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
I think they'll try to find out what level he has in some of the WT stage races in spring, and then he can probably prepare for the Vuelta with JTL. Dombrowksi also sucks at TTT(I assume) so that might be another reason for Sky to keep him out of the Giro.
Domborwski isn't bad in TT's. Not great level, but above medicority. He was 3rd in 27 km TT at Tour of the Gila. Obviously not great line-up but he can time trial.

I think it's stupid to say what rider he'll be at this point. Obviosuly a great climber, but what else is unknow. He's still 21.

And he won't go to Giro. Definitely. If so, Vuelta is the one this year.
Old 11-24-12, 12:08

The Gila ITT was up and down was it not? California would be a better indicator as to his abilities as a rouleur.
Old 11-24-12, 18:07

"The Astana manager did confirm that Brajkovic will play a supporting role for Vincenzo Nibali at the Giro, in May."

That is a pretty decent helper for Nibali. And Fuglsang leads at Tour, is Fuglsang's GT results better than Jani??

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fugl...tour-de-france
Old 11-25-12, 00:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
If i were Sky i would send JTL to the Giro, if they want him to lose weight quickly.
Everyone keeps forgetting Boswell.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

"No one is dropping Simon Gerrans."