Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?) - Page 55 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-24-12, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
Wiggins files are Top secret.They don't want other teams to know what he is capable of.
??

Wiggins data is all over the web. That's how I was able to put this plot together:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...&postcount=184

Now 'tis true that mostly only average values are mentioned, and actual files only occasionally posted...but in this case there is little to be learned from inspecting the moment-by-moment power.
Old 11-24-12, 15:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat puppet View Post
heart rates are obviously individual and vary a lot, but 147bpm at FTP is markedly low imo. so was he already very fatigued or does froome have a relatively low hr overall?

reading nothing to it really, but it just caught my eye.
I was under the impression HRs go down during the tour (due to fatigue), but that's not the only explanation.

If your RBC concentration is higher than usual it would make sense that your HR can be lower as each pump is sending more RBCs with each beat.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 11-24-12 at 16:15.
Old 11-24-12, 16:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
That link has strangely disappeared now.
Because Cyclingnews are no longer hosting the Sky tech site. That was a Cyclingnews link, not a Teamsky link. The Whole CN hosted Sky tech site has gone.

But don't let logic get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
Old 11-24-12, 17:30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilbiker View Post
From a domestique about to be chopped to a grand tour competitor? In the space of months or weeks. His recovery was amazing and attacks on steep slopes was really too good. Doesn't add up. I don't buy any hard work, it takes time (years) to develop to that level. He is evidence that sports authorities for all the good work still have way to go to catch up with athletes.
This I agree with. After all we've learnt via USADA we just don't believe in stories like this anymore.

Froome needs to be filed in the 'not normal' draw.
Old 11-24-12, 19:05

What I still do not get is how people can explain the fact that drugs have apparently transformed Froome into an amazingly talented climber from a domestique about to be dropped, whilst they did nothing of the sort when it came to Steven Hounard.

Answer that and I may be convinced that possibly Froome's transformation was down to illegal ways and not the fact that he was limited by Bilharzia, lack of technique and all that.
Old 11-24-12, 19:14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
What I still do not get is how people can explain the fact that drugs have apparently transformed Froome into an amazingly talented climber from a domestique about to be dropped, whilst they did nothing of the sort when it came to Steven Hounard.

Answer that and I may be convinced that possibly Froome's transformation was down to illegal ways and not the fact that he was limited by Bilharzia, lack of technique and all that.
An aging Steven Hounard dabbles in micro doses of EPO to keep his contract and you compare that to a guy who drops 10kg's and TTs like Cancellera?

I honestly shake my head.

Full scale program with logistics will smash the mid ranking dabbler.

Do you think Steven Hounard has $90k lying around to spend on a doping program incorporating AICAR and blood transfusions!?

Does Hounard have Yates, Sutton, Rogers and Tenerife?

Last edited by thehog; 11-24-12 at 19:16.
Old 11-24-12, 19:24

So Froome is a better rider than Hounard.

So are about 300 other people.
Old 11-24-12, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
An aging Steven Hounard dabbles in micro doses of EPO to keep his contract and you compare that to a guy who drops 10kg's and TTs like Cancellera?

I honestly shake my head.

Full scale program with logistics will smash the mid ranking dabbler.

Do you think Steven Hounard has $90k lying around to spend on a doping program incorporating AICAR and blood transfusions!?

Does Hounard have Yates, Sutton, Rogers and Tenerife?
The majority suggestions I have had on Froome are claiming that he went to the Vuelta with his very own DIY kit and that was what made him perform as he did. Seems very similar to Hounard that..

Also if not so then why does Froome get magically promoted to the elite group of dopers whilst he has done nothing to justify it and he has not got the talent at the moment to deserve such trust?

And also I would assume you would claim that Wiggins was doping as well in the Vuelta, so then why did Froome perform better? He may have had a better reaction to it than Wiggins, but considering that Wiggins is a far superior rider that excuse only stretches so far?

And also the point was not solely to draw parallels with Hounard that is merely a point, the fact is that doping could only have taken Froome so far concerning his perfomances in the Vuelta 2011.

Ps: Dont be selective
Old 11-24-12, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundabout View Post
So Froome is a better rider than Hounard.

So are about 300 other people.
Sure, but there is more than merely a fine line between being better and being far superior.
Old 11-24-12, 19:37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post

I will see your strawman and raise you a rhetorical.
How is it that Hounard was doping to be pretty anonymous yet Froome could be transformed to a potential GT winner without using PEDs?