Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?) - Page 55 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #541  
Old 11-24-12, 14:31
acoggan acoggan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
Wiggins files are Top secret.They don't want other teams to know what he is capable of.
??

Wiggins data is all over the web. That's how I was able to put this plot together:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...&postcount=184

Now 'tis true that mostly only average values are mentioned, and actual files only occasionally posted...but in this case there is little to be learned from inspecting the moment-by-moment power.
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 11-24-12, 15:47
Dear Wiggo's Avatar
Dear Wiggo Dear Wiggo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sunny Australia
Posts: 5,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat puppet View Post
heart rates are obviously individual and vary a lot, but 147bpm at FTP is markedly low imo. so was he already very fatigued or does froome have a relatively low hr overall?

reading nothing to it really, but it just caught my eye.
I was under the impression HRs go down during the tour (due to fatigue), but that's not the only explanation.

If your RBC concentration is higher than usual it would make sense that your HR can be lower as each pump is sending more RBCs with each beat.
__________________
Letters to and from the pro peloton. twitter | blog

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 11-24-12 at 16:15.
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 11-24-12, 16:10
TheGame TheGame is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
That link has strangely disappeared now.
Because Cyclingnews are no longer hosting the Sky tech site. That was a Cyclingnews link, not a Teamsky link. The Whole CN hosted Sky tech site has gone.

But don't let logic get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 11-24-12, 17:30
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilbiker View Post
From a domestique about to be chopped to a grand tour competitor? In the space of months or weeks. His recovery was amazing and attacks on steep slopes was really too good. Doesn't add up. I don't buy any hard work, it takes time (years) to develop to that level. He is evidence that sports authorities for all the good work still have way to go to catch up with athletes.
This I agree with. After all we've learnt via USADA we just don't believe in stories like this anymore.

Froome needs to be filed in the 'not normal' draw.
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 11-24-12, 19:05
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,085
Default

What I still do not get is how people can explain the fact that drugs have apparently transformed Froome into an amazingly talented climber from a domestique about to be dropped, whilst they did nothing of the sort when it came to Steven Hounard.

Answer that and I may be convinced that possibly Froome's transformation was down to illegal ways and not the fact that he was limited by Bilharzia, lack of technique and all that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 11-24-12, 19:14
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
What I still do not get is how people can explain the fact that drugs have apparently transformed Froome into an amazingly talented climber from a domestique about to be dropped, whilst they did nothing of the sort when it came to Steven Hounard.

Answer that and I may be convinced that possibly Froome's transformation was down to illegal ways and not the fact that he was limited by Bilharzia, lack of technique and all that.
An aging Steven Hounard dabbles in micro doses of EPO to keep his contract and you compare that to a guy who drops 10kg's and TTs like Cancellera?

I honestly shake my head.

Full scale program with logistics will smash the mid ranking dabbler.

Do you think Steven Hounard has $90k lying around to spend on a doping program incorporating AICAR and blood transfusions!?

Does Hounard have Yates, Sutton, Rogers and Tenerife?

Last edited by thehog; 11-24-12 at 19:16.
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 11-24-12, 19:24
roundabout's Avatar
roundabout roundabout is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,428
Default

So Froome is a better rider than Hounard.

So are about 300 other people.
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 11-24-12, 19:26
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
An aging Steven Hounard dabbles in micro doses of EPO to keep his contract and you compare that to a guy who drops 10kg's and TTs like Cancellera?

I honestly shake my head.

Full scale program with logistics will smash the mid ranking dabbler.

Do you think Steven Hounard has $90k lying around to spend on a doping program incorporating AICAR and blood transfusions!?

Does Hounard have Yates, Sutton, Rogers and Tenerife?
The majority suggestions I have had on Froome are claiming that he went to the Vuelta with his very own DIY kit and that was what made him perform as he did. Seems very similar to Hounard that..

Also if not so then why does Froome get magically promoted to the elite group of dopers whilst he has done nothing to justify it and he has not got the talent at the moment to deserve such trust?

And also I would assume you would claim that Wiggins was doping as well in the Vuelta, so then why did Froome perform better? He may have had a better reaction to it than Wiggins, but considering that Wiggins is a far superior rider that excuse only stretches so far?

And also the point was not solely to draw parallels with Hounard that is merely a point, the fact is that doping could only have taken Froome so far concerning his perfomances in the Vuelta 2011.

Ps: Dont be selective
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 11-24-12, 19:27
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundabout View Post
So Froome is a better rider than Hounard.

So are about 300 other people.
Sure, but there is more than merely a fine line between being better and being far superior.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 11-24-12, 19:37
Dr. Maserati Dr. Maserati is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
What I still do not get is how people can explain the fact that drugs have apparently transformed Froome into an amazingly talented climber from a domestique about to be dropped, whilst they did nothing of the sort when it came to Steven Hounard.

Answer that and I may be convinced that possibly Froome's transformation was down to illegal ways and not the fact that he was limited by Bilharzia, lack of technique and all that.
I will see your strawman and raise you a rhetorical.
How is it that Hounard was doping to be pretty anonymous yet Froome could be transformed to a potential GT winner without using PEDs?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.