Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 49 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-12, 18:24

Van Garderen
Old 11-23-12, 20:16

That would be a surprise! And I would like it if I wasn't a Alberto fangirl
Old 11-23-12, 20:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
That would be a surprise! And I would like it if I wasn't a Alberto fangirl
what about Kash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-23-12, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
what about Kash?
He had one good year in a career that started in 2001.

What about him?
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-23-12, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
He had one good year in a career that started in 2001.

What about him?
2 good seasons, don't be ignorant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-23-12, 21:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
2 good seasons, don't be ignorant
That's not really helping you to prove your point

i don't remember pre-2006.

But 2006 was obviously good (3th GC vuelta, right?)

And in tour 2007 he normally would have ended 5th or 6th in GC.
Old 11-24-12, 20:15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
lol even i did not think you would be this desperate.

airstream complaining to the mods about other postrs? are you serious?

The only reason most posters don't report half the posts he makes is because we think it offers some comic value.

And even then its only thanks to the generosity of the mods that he hasnt been banned yet. You want to complain about airstream being unfairly treated by the mods? Wans't he trolling LF by talking about how Contador deserves to die? Its amazing hes not on a new account by now.
Dear Hitch, surely I understand that oddly enough you could brilliantly master English living in London and it allows you to ridicule and needle me on any occasion, but arrogance is a dangerous vice. You are no one here, like me, like any separate poster and you are not entitled to say for entire forum, saying 'WE' and evaluating my posts. You, Florecita and Netserk is NOT a forum. OMG, mods are so generous...

IMO the thing you could present like an allegoric comparison to darwinism while saying about Contador and others is closer to nazism — proclamation of upper and lower races due to subjective reality by default. Lion and gaselles as you motivated. But this approach doesn't take into consideration factor of the time and contention. Nothing depends on one rider and the reason for this is not crushes or illnesses, but rivals. In general, we have no reason to unambiguously affirm that say the level Contador and Schleck showed in the 2009 is higher than Sky in this year Tour, but when it is presented as fact recognized by everyone, it is pretty comical. The guys like Nibali and Purito are treated just like crowd scene — decent decoration for the Great One. Really laughable. Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps you are learning some special pro-Contador darwinism in your educational institution. Then I give up.
Old 11-24-12, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Dear Hitch, surely I understand that oddly enough you could brilliantly master English living in London and it allows you to ridicule and needle me on any occasion, but arrogance is a dangerous vice. You are no one here, like me, like any separate poster and you are not entitled to say for entire forum, saying 'WE' and evaluating my posts. You, Florecita and Netserk is NOT a forum. OMG, mods are so generous...

IMO the thing you could present like an allegoric comparison to darwinism while saying about Contador and others is closer to nazism proclamation of upper and lower races due to subjective reality by default. Lion and gaselles as you motivated. But this approach doesn't take into consideration factor of the time and contention. Nothing depends on one rider and the reason for this is not crushes or illnesses, but rivals. In general, we have no reason to unambiguously affirm that say the level Contador and Schleck showed in the 2009 is higher than Sky in this year Tour, but when it is presented as fact recognized by everyone, it is pretty comical. The guys like Nibali and Purito are treated just like crowd scene decent decoration for the Great One. Really laughable. Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps you are learning some special pro-Contador darwinism in your educational institution. Then I give up.

I'm clearly not a part of the 'we' Hitch talks about, so why name me?
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-24-12, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post

IMO the thing you could present like an allegoric comparison to darwinism while saying about Contador and others is closer to nazism proclamation of upper and lower races due to subjective reality by default. Lion and gaselles as you motivated. But this approach doesn't take into consideration factor of the time and contention. Nothing depends on one rider and the reason for this is not crushes or illnesses, but rivals. In general, we have no reason to unambiguously affirm that say the level Contador and Schleck showed in the 2009 is higher than Sky in this year Tour, but when it is presented as fact recognized by everyone, it is pretty comical. The guys like Nibali and Purito are treated just like crowd scene decent decoration for the Great One. Really laughable. Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps you are learning some special pro-Contador darwinism in your educational institution. Then I give up.
I agree with this, and I am being serious.
Old 11-24-12, 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
I agree with this, and I am being serious.
I don't know whether that makes you good or bad at English.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week