Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?) - Page 59 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-24-12, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
If you could explain to me how I am doing so then by all means.
What I am arguing is that I do not see how Froome's burst onto the scene can be explained away by the use of PEDs.

Ps. See my ps
Au contraire. You do not see how it can only be explained away by the use of PEDs.

If you can't see how the use of PEDs is one potential reason for such a transformation, then in the words of Jan Ullrich, I can't help you.

The bilharzia probably did affect his development prior to August 2011. But don't you think it's incredibly... well, convenient that the bilharzia cleared up just when his contract was due and wasn't going to be renewed (by a British team who had staked a lot on having a British GT winner, which Froome had apparently shown the capability of being, no less)? You'd have thought that, having a potential British GT winner on their hands, Sky would have locked the guy in. After all, by waiting until he came 2nd at the Vuelta, they suddenly had to pay him a bunch more, rather than getting him on a cut price, the same as how Mark Cavendish was still on a wage he'd signed up for in 2007 until last year. And you don't think it's then convenient that he would, after a month of being the best cyclist in the world, then contract that same illness throughout the offseason and early season, thus excusing him for being invisible for the first half of the year, only for it to then clear up just in time for him to get into péloton-destroying form ahead of destroying the field at the Tour?

What's galling is that some of the people who swallowed Froome's story whole were throwing darts at Juanjo Cobo.

Forever tête de la course.
Old 11-24-12, 22:50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcademyCC View Post
Yeah he has no relevance. I just needed to say that. So true
No probs. Start a Robert Millar appreciation thread in the Racing forum and I will be the first contributor!
Old 11-24-12, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Precisely

Only explanation is that Froome is immensely talented and therefore was never truly transformed.. rather was released.

PEDs as far as I know do not unlock ability, they increase ability.

So Armstrong was clean
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-24-12, 23:40

Chatting about the Olympics to a couple of friends at a dinner, they remarked that it was amazing that a small school in Kenya where they taught had produced two Olympic medalists from the same school year. Chris Froome was one and Crista Cullen (hockey player) the other.

Interestingly they said that whilst Crista was an outstanding all round athlete/sportswoman, by far and away the best at almost any sport, Chris on the other hand was not at all sporty at the time. (We're talking about 12yrs old) He was in the cross country team but was not one of the best.
He then left to live with his mum I think in South Africa where he took up cycling.

His is certainly an unusual journey
Old 11-24-12, 23:57
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLes View Post
Chatting about the Olympics to a couple of friends at a dinner, they remarked that it was amazing that a small school in Kenya where they taught had produced two Olympic medalists from the same school year. Chris Froome was one and Crista Cullen (hockey player) the other.

Interestingly they said that whilst Crista was an outstanding all round athlete/sportswoman, by far and away the best at almost any sport, Chris on the other hand was not at all sporty at the time. (We're talking about 12yrs old) He was in the cross country team but was not one of the best.
He then left to live with his mum I think in South Africa where he took up cycling.

He was still d1xking about on mountain bikes when he was at university.

His rise is astounding.
Old 11-25-12, 00:25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLes View Post

Just guessing, but they probably didn't ride bikes in PE.

And never seen a cyclist make a good runner. I rememeber once Phil Anderson getting dropped by about 150m in the 400m of Superstars...long time ago
Old 11-25-12, 00:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoriaz View Post
Just guessing, but they probably didn't ride bikes in PE.

And never seen a cyclist make a good runner. I rememeber once Phil Anderson getting dropped by about 150m in the 400m of Superstars...long time ago
Don't be ridiculous. They don't make good runners after 25 years of cycling.

But as juniors they cream everyone in all sports.
Old 11-25-12, 00:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
What's galling is that some of the people who swallowed Froome's story whole were throwing darts at Juanjo Cobo.
easily explained.

he's spanish

/sar
\chasm
Old 11-25-12, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoriaz View Post
And never seen a cyclist make a good runner.
I've seen good runners TT like animals, and you rarely see a fat runner.
Old 11-25-12, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sceptic View Post
Froome an immense talent? please point me in the direction of anyone saying that pre team sky.
blackcat is the only one who said it here.