Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Bikes & Gear > General

General Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Old 09-30-11, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
That's one thing that gets me, people keep posting how they are good or quality yet there is never a validating link or info on such companies or webstores that have existed past 6 months to a year.

Yes, there's a few brands selling similar shaped frames with different paint/branded logo's but those are going into their own brand now. Where are these totally fake looking brands, aka the Chinarello's? They are the hear today gone tomorrow E-Bay stores with no reference to who actually makes them.
their are at least 5 seperate threads on RBR over a few years and most suppliers are still going.

It is well known that China produces fakes, but it also produces the real thing, and no doubt that these factories make more than one mold of the various frames and operate them from other factories.
Old 11-25-12, 09:25
Banned

Default Fake Pinarellos and just about every other brand

I live in Chiang Mai and the shops here are full of everything FAKE. You just don't know what's real any more. I have emailed Specialized, Cervelo and others about these fakes but they don't even respond. Now we have Chinese websites openly selling fakes on the internet and two members of my riding group have ordered fake Pinarellos from this online company. Sadly they do not see sense and do not share my morality about this issue. Spin Bike in Chiang Mai sold me a fake Cinelli seatpost, claiming it was 'original'. It broke. I'd like to see some concerted action against these thieves.
Old 11-25-12, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfra View Post
I live in Chiang Mai and the shops here are full of everything FAKE. You just don't know what's real any more. I have emailed Specialized, Cervelo and others about these fakes but they don't even respond. Now we have Chinese websites openly selling fakes on the internet and two members of my riding group have ordered fake Pinarellos from this online company. Sadly they do not see sense and do not share my morality about this issue. Spin Bike in Chiang Mai sold me a fake Cinelli seatpost, claiming it was 'original'. It broke. I'd like to see some concerted action against these thieves.
+1 same with fake clothing.Interestingly Assos seem to suffer less from this problem than other brands.Not sure how they manage that.Some of these Chinese websites will tell you that their Pinarello's are real if you ask them.Lieing to secure a sale seems to be perfectly acceptable.
There are some genuine Chinese firms making good quality product without copying anyone.
Broken seatpost isn't funny.How is your *** if you don't mind me asking.
Old 11-25-12, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfra View Post
Do you think there is any 'legal' recourse inside China? Anything to help their economy, the Chinese Government is not interested in pursuing these thieves. Outside of China, they will just ignore it.

I 'try' to vote with my wallet. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.
Old 12-01-12, 00:49

Get your Chinarello Mad-Dog here:
http://www.greatkeenbike.com/main/ho...cpath=&catid=0
Old 12-01-12, 02:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
Like unique head tube logo they should flip it upside down for added comedy.
Old 12-01-12, 06:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
+1 same with fake clothing.Interestingly Assos seem to suffer less from this problem than other brands.Not sure how they manage that.Some of these Chinese websites will tell you that their Pinarello's are real if you ask them.Lieing to secure a sale seems to be perfectly acceptable.
There are some genuine Chinese firms making good quality product without copying anyone.
Broken seatpost isn't funny.How is your *** if you don't mind me asking.
Because Assos' use of different materials for different parts of the construction, and special shaping makes it cost-prohibitive to copy (other than to copy the logo - and Assos are scrupulous in keeping logos stealth). Ie you could spot a fake Assos iJ Bonka 6 jacket a mile off