Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?) - Page 62 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #611  
Old 11-25-12, 17:36
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie's eyesore View Post
Not exactly true to say he sucked all year and suddenly came from nowhere in the Tour is it? But if you want to bend the facts to suit your argument than fair enough.
He was 10 minutes off the back in each stage at Romandie!
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 11-25-12, 17:43
Bernie's eyesore's Avatar
Bernie's eyesore Bernie's eyesore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
He was 10 minutes off the back in each stage at Romandie!
He did a reasonable time trial there to suggest he was returning to some sort of form and then finished 4th in the Dauphine. Clearly you prefer to pretend that never happened though as it doesn't support the argument that his Tour performance came completely out of the blue.
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 11-25-12, 17:51
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie's eyesore View Post
He did a reasonable time trial there to suggest he was returning to some sort of form and then finished 4th in the Dauphine. Clearly you prefer to pretend that never happened though as it doesn't support the argument that his Tour performance came completely out of the blue.
???

Did you not watch the race? He couldn't even hang on to the front group.

10 minutes+ in each stage.

You seriously want me to believe that's reasonable?

It is you who is seeing through Sky coloured glasses.
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 11-25-12, 17:55
Bernie's eyesore's Avatar
Bernie's eyesore Bernie's eyesore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
???

Did you not watch the race? He couldn't even hang on to the front group.

10 minutes+ in each stage.

You seriously want me to believe that's reasonable?

It is you who is seeing through Sky coloured glasses.
The trouble with you (Dear Wiggo has the same problem) is that when someone says something you pretend they said something else if it doesn't suit your argument.
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 11-25-12, 18:00
thehog thehog is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie's eyesore View Post
The trouble with you (Dear Wiggo has the same problem) is that when someone says something you pretend they said something else if it doesn't suit your argument.
It's ok. You don't have to answer the question.

I already know the answer.

10 minute back at Romandie on each stage. Not seen all year.

Then he's out time TT'ing Cancellera!

Join those dots.
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 11-25-12, 18:11
Libertine Seguros's Avatar
Libertine Seguros Libertine Seguros is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Land of Saz
Posts: 13,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie's eyesore View Post
Not exactly true to say he sucked all year and suddenly came from nowhere in the Tour is it? But if you want to bend the facts to suit your argument than fair enough.
Even Froome needs some race days to warm up. He suddenly was over his Bilharzia in time to race well at a key warm-up race in order to be in top form at the Tour.

It doesn't change the fact that until then he had a grand total of 5 CQ points for the year - for the amazing result of not climbing off and getting into the team car in Romandie.

As I said, I believe the bilharzia existed, and potentially still exists. I also don't believe that said disease is so convenient that it can be cured specifically for a major race when one's contract is up, then strike again immediately for several months, only to clear up a month or two before another major race.

Originally Froome claimed that he had caught it in the 2010-11 offseason, but this has been pushed back further and further to explain more and more of his down period. I understand that the nature of the disease makes this not just plausible but likely, but I still see it as strange that a guy who has shown enough promise to be a decent top level pro, but nothing more, is suddenly a superstar who can drop anybody at will - but only at selected times of the year.
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrFiUlhAPes

Forever tte de la course.
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 11-25-12, 18:19
Mellow Velo's Avatar
Mellow Velo Mellow Velo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie's eyesore View Post
The trouble with you (Dear Wiggo has the same problem) is that when someone says something you pretend they said something else if it doesn't suit your argument.
That's the dynamic duo's MO.
Hog obfuscating nicely with the 10 minutes back in Romandie, line.
This sort of takes his crayon away for his latest join the dots exercise.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froo...itic-infection
Half of one race before the Swiss stager.
__________________
They use thought only to justify their injustices, and speech only to disguise their thoughts. Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 11-25-12, 18:25
Froome19's Avatar
Froome19 Froome19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Posts: 3,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Sure. That's cool. I'm down with that.

But if you're going to present 1 stage win in a provincial Italian race as some form of indicator of a future Tour winner then your dots are stretched thin.
Firstly well done for actually replying with a proper point and form of argument. It would be much easier to argue with you if you could only cut out the drivel in the middle such as raising irrelevant points about certain riders winning races who have taken drugs.

I am doing no such thing. Rather I am highlighting the fact that Froome was talented and did not come from "nowhere". Indeed he did not post the results that would prove that he is a future Tour contender, but that does not disqualify him from being a future Tour contender.

This is not a "join the dots" exercise to find out whether Froome could have won the Tour clean. This is just proving that he had talent it was just obscured.

Quote:
With your logic you'd have to ask out of all the young "clean" stage winners since 1997 from the Giro delle Region became Grand Tour contenders?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp.
No I would not as the doped up ones on the podium were nevertheless more talented than the clean ones.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gratz to Cav.
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 11-25-12, 18:30
BroDeal BroDeal is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Above 5000 feet
Posts: 12,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
First race in Europe:

1st in Giro delle Regioni, Stage 5 : Chianciano Terme - Montepulciano
2nd Giro delle Regioni, Stage 2 : Citta' Sant'Angelo - Citta' Sant'Angelo
He would have won the overall if not for a series of crashes.

Then his subsequent results at Barloworld in 08 were very impressive for a first year neo-pro from Africa.
Barloworld? LOL.

Before winning the Tour at T-Mobile, Bjarne Riis' showed what potential he had at Gewiss-Ballan.
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 11-25-12, 18:43
serfla serfla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 701
Default

That bilharzia thing casts some doubt on Froome.
Intriguing disease in the era of blood doping.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.