Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-25-12, 19:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
No I don't have an opinion because I don't know if I can believe him on this matter. Sounds good to me though. It doesn't have to be true. That's the way it works, Wiggo and Kittel did it too.
We're cool, fair enough.
The scientific explanation for Vincenzo Nibali's extraordinary descending ability is his large cojones, which lower his center of gravity, enabling him to corner with confidence on high speed descents
Old 11-25-12, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
he's becoming a pretty embarrassing figure. your blind support for him is pretty embarrassing as well, though that's just an opinion.
in germany dirty is no more than a symbol of the spanish golden doping generation.
germany represents almost half of europe. the envious and bitter half i guess.
Old 11-25-12, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
he's becoming a pretty embarrassing figure. your blind support for him is pretty embarrassing as well, though that's just an opinion.
Edit: that wasn't very nice.

Anyway, you are wrong
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...

Last edited by LaFlorecita; 11-25-12 at 20:36.
Old 11-25-12, 20:11

Quote:
in germany dirty is no more than a symbol of the spanish golden doping generation.
Maybe it would be good to read this from post #44 onward and make sure you don't miss post #50

http://velorooms.com/the-doping-sect...0247/#msg70247
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 11-25-12, 21:37

Quote:
So they like to talk about Spain do they?

And there was I thinking that Germany had enough to talk about with their own doping past, present and coverups? I guess it's always easier to look outside your own borders for blame... Doping your socks off and still getting beaten must hurt, especially considering the huge contribution to the art given by them during the glowing years. Can't they just give Jörg his own TV show? He perfectly fits the media bill of lashing out blame and refusal to accept his own limitations, responsibilities and flaws...

I would have thought an unbiased, open minded, well intended, bright spark like you would be able to read around and between the media ad nauseam and enjoy the real play as the après-piste politics unfold?
Old 11-25-12, 21:53

Quote:
Makes one wonder what they asked him when he took the liedetector test.

1. The Polygraph Examination CAS 2011/A/2384 UCI v. Alberto Contador Velasco & RFEC - Page 78 CAS 2011/A/2386 WADA v. Alberto Contador Velasco & RFEC

385. In order to corroborate his assertion that he did not undergo a blood transfusion of any kind at the relevant time, the Athlete voluntarily underwent a polygraph examination on 3 May 2011. In doing so, Mr Contador was asked and answered two series of question as follows:

- “Did you undergo a transfusion on July 20 or July 21, 2010? (No)
- On July 20 or July 21, 2010 did you receive a transfusion? (No)
- Did you submit to a transfusion on July 20 or July 21, 2010? (No)”

and;
- “Did you knowingly ingest clenbuterol on July 20 or July 21, 2010? (No)
- Between July 20 and July 21, 2010 did you deliberately ingest clenbuterol? (No)
- Were you aware that clenbuterol was entering your body, in any way, on July 20 or
July 21, 2010? (No)”

386. Dr Louis Rovner concluded in his expert report, and confirmed during the hearing, that “it is my professional opinion that Alberto Contador was telling the truth when he answered the relevant questions above, and, as such, that he did not undergo a transfusion of blood, plasma, or any other substance on either July 20, 2010 or July 21, 2010”.

387. The polygraph results and video of the polygraph were sent for independent review to Dr Palmatier, polygraph credibility consultant, who concluded in his expert report, and confirmed during the hearing by videoconference, that: “After a complete review of all of the materials supplied, and both a semi-objective and objective assessment of the recorded physiological data, I concur with Dr Rovner’s findings that Alberto Contador was truthful when he responded to the relevant questions asked in each of his […] examinations”.
Old 11-25-12, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Baroudeur View Post
So they like to talk about Spain do they?

And there was I thinking that Germany had enough to talk about with their own doping past, present and coverups? I guess it's always easier to look outside your own borders for blame... Doping your socks off and still getting beaten must hurt, especially considering the huge contribution to the art given by them during the glowing years. Can't they just give Jörg his own TV show? He perfectly fits the media bill of lashing out blame and refusal to accept his own limitations, responsibilities and flaws...

I would have thought an unbiased, open minded, well intended, bright spark like you would be able to read around and between the media ad nauseam and enjoy the real play as the après-piste politics unfold?
the German press pay comparatively much attention to blatant cheating. Basically, they don't like it, they don't apologize it, and they don't beat around the bush when describing it. They tackle it.
Whether it's their own politicians doing plagiarism or taking bribes (regardless how small), their own sporters using PEDs (e.g. T-mobile, Pechstein), or Sjakhtar's goal against that Danish club: they (the press that is!) show and express their disgust.
And no, they don't hide their own doping past. Not sure why you imply that in your post. You wouldn't have if you were acquainted with German sports press. In fact, the government recently funded a research project that was supposed to look into the (East and West) German doping past, but the research and the researchers were sabotaged from above in various different ways, particularly by the German Olympic Committee who were clearly afraid of the results. How do I know? Indeed, because the German press covered the story in detail. You know what the unanimous conclusion in the press was? Indeed, that present-day German topsport is likely to be rife with doping and that guys from higher up are trying to cover it up.
By the way, before quitting due to the resistance from above, the research team did manage to leak some preliminary results: the 1966 German soccer team who became world champions was doped.

So no, the german press clearly don't, as you imply, only look beyond their own borders for blame.
And meanwhile, i don't see why they shouldn't also look beyond their own borders, especially when it comes to transnational activities such as sports.

Last edited by sniper; 11-25-12 at 22:12.
Old 11-25-12, 22:16
Banned

Contador is in a very tricky situation actually. He has nothing say. If he defends Lance, it comes to light he is a doping accomplice. If he accuses Lance, he is a traitor and hypocrit. It is very difficult to find correct words when they don't exist. Contador desperately maneuvers between two fires. It looks bungle. Other thing is possibly for the years of lies some global change in mind may occure. Who knows possibly he really could convince himself that he had never done anything the rules and feels like a random victim
Old 11-25-12, 22:18

Quote:
the German press pay comparatively much attention to blatant cheating. Basically, they don't like it, they don't apologize it, and they don't beat around the bush when describing it. They tackle it.
Whether it's their own politicians doing plagiarism or taking bribes (regardless how small), their own sporters using PEDs (e.g. T-mobile, Pechstein), or Sjakhtar's goal against that Danish club: they (the press that is!) show and express their disgust.
And no, they don't hide their own doping past. Not sure why you imply that in your post. You wouldn't have if you were acquainted with German sports press. In fact, the government recently funded a research project that was supposed to look into the (East and West) German doping past, but the research and the researchers were sabotaged from above in various different ways, particularly by the German Olympic Committee who were clearly afraid of the results. How do I know? Indeed, because the German press covered the story in detail. You know what the unanimous conclusion in the press was? Indeed, that present-day German topsport is likely to be rife with doping. By the way, before quitting due to the resistance from above, the research team did manage to leak some preliminary results: the 1966 German soccer team who became world champions was doped.

Imagine something similar happening in Spain. rolleyes.
I'm more than aware of what the German press writes about.

A piece I read the other day

I'm also aware of what the media doesn't write and how they play the public.

Fair factual and balanced is the closet I stand in (you asked before your edit). I have no issue at all with fair and balanced critique. quite the contrary.

Last edited by Susan Westemeyer; 11-26-12 at 10:48. Reason: insulting
Old 11-25-12, 22:52

Is this like that time he said he had always surrounded himself by people who opposed doping?