Le Tour de France 2013: who will win? - Page 52 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 Tour
Alberto Contador 61 63.54%
Cristopher Froome 25 26.04%
Andy Schleck 6 6.25%
Vincenzo Nibali 2 2.08%
Cadel Evans / Teehay Van Garderen 2 2.08%
Ryder Hesjedal 1 1.04%
Alejandro Valverde / Juan Jose Cobo 1 1.04%
Other (specify) 1 1.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-12, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
OK, we can add illnesses and viruses. By my logic if other guy's 100% will turn out to be stronger than Contador's 100%, it will be normal.

Hm, how would you explain Gilbert's Argennes failures then?
Same way i explain Contador 2010. The champion just hasn't been able to.get 100%
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-25-12, 19:51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Same way i explain Contador 2010. The champion just hasn't been able to.get 100%
In my view your logic doesn't take into account the fact that the difference between riders is not constant. OK, look, as I understand you base on visual criterion: if Contador doesn't drop everyone, he is not at 100%, right?

Say, the Giro 2011. Apparently Scarponi's fit we can evaluate very highly. What about Nibali?
Old 11-25-12, 20:43

Quote:
In my view your logic doesn't take into account the fact that the difference between riders is not constant. OK, look, as I understand you base on visual criterion: if Contador doesn't drop everyone, he is not at 100%, right?

Say, the Giro 2011. Apparently Scarponi's fit we can evaluate very highly. What about Nibali?
Right.Because we(myself,hitch and many others) think that when he is 100% he can drop 100% - Schleck,Nibali,Purito,VDB,Piti etc.simply because when they are all on equal fitness(which is impossible in this world) Contador is good enough to drop these when he wants.
But I understand what you are trying to say with this 'laughable' thing.I agree when he won't win(with no illnesses,crashes) it will be laughable to say 'Oh he was third behind Andy and Froome cos he wasnt at his best',it is bull**** I agree with you...So if he won't win I will declare 'he already doesnt have it'.But Im sure he has it,so dont worry
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-26-12, 11:54

We have all heard the expression, " in the form of his life." Gilbert had it in 2011 as did Evans, and Wiggins, Boonen in 2012. Where they were able to keep winning or in Evans' case close to winning with another second in the Dauphine, over an extended period of time. I don't know why anyone would think these types of seasons could be duplicated. It is rare for them to happen once. Crashes, sickness, opportunities etc........everything has to go right on the day or over three weeks. Gilbert did not lack for trying in this year's classics season, he just didn't have it but still rode very well at Amstel and I think at Fleche where Rodriguez was the hot favourite. Sometimes sportsmen do everything right and just does not happen. You also hear often, how bad riders feel early in a race and surprise themselves by winning unexpectedly.
Old 11-26-12, 12:18
Banned

Exactly. Moreover, Phil rode this year's Ardennes even better than many people expected based on his previous perfomances. Everything is relative.
Old 11-26-12, 12:27

Quote:
if Contador doesn't drop everyone, he is not at 100%, right?
Well to some extend, yes. But Andy at 100% "should" be able to follow (but then again he will be smoked in the ITT). Also u never know if there a some young talent who suddenly breaks through and steps up. So would rather rephrase the sentece to "if Contador doesn't drop almost everyone, he is not at 100%"
Old 11-26-12, 15:35

Quote:
Exactly. Moreover, Phil rode this year's Ardennes even better than many people expected based on his previous perfomances. Everything is relative.
lol, even by your standards, this is ridiuculous.
Old 11-26-12, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Well to some extend, yes. But Andy at 100% "should" be able to follow (but then again he will be smoked in the ITT). Also u never know if there a some young talent who suddenly breaks through and steps up. So would rather rephrase the sentece to "if Contador doesn't drop almost everyone, he is not at 100%"
I disagree, Alberto at 100% > Andy at 100%
Old 11-26-12, 16:00
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
lol, even by your standards, this is ridiuculous.
based on this year perfomances before, I obviously implied.
Old 11-26-12, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
I disagree, Alberto at 100% >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x 100 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Andy at 100%
Fixed that for ya....

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org