Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?) - Page 66 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-26-12, 04:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie's eyesore View Post
The trouble with you (Dear Wiggo has the same problem) is that when someone says something you pretend they said something else if it doesn't suit your argument.
I look forward to a single example of this.
Old 11-26-12, 05:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
I look forward to a single example of this.
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthr...62#post1075262

Here's one. That meets the definition of a single example, though more can also be posted,
Old 11-26-12, 06:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
In what way?
see the Queen Stage. climbing at the final HC ascent with heads of state.

Chronos very impressive.
Old 11-26-12, 12:08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
see the Queen Stage. climbing at the final HC ascent with heads of state.

Chronos very impressive.
You're speaking retrospectively.

At the time did you think that the guy had the making of a GT winner?

I thought not.

Plenty of guys have climbed for one stage with the heads of state once in their careers. Doesn't make them go ET on us.

What's odd here is people are selecting one stage win they never even witnessed real time in a provincial U23 race saying it connects the dots to a GT winner.

Not buying it. That's the weakest link I've ever seen. Ever.
Old 11-26-12, 12:23

Quote:

At the time did you think that the guy had the making of a GT winner?

I thought not.

Plenty of guys have climbed for one stage with the heads of state once in their careers. Doesn't make them go ET on us.

What's odd here is people are selecting one stage win they never even witnessed real time in a provincial U23 race saying it connects the dots to a GT winner.

Not buying it. That's the weakest link I've ever seen. Ever.
Even weaker than your Tennerife/Sky/Ferrari connection?
Old 11-26-12, 12:30

Quote:

Good point, but can I ask you to play fair?

How many times have you posted about Froome weaving all over the road on ONE stage, after being overtaken by Gerrans, as proof that he is/was rubbish?
Old 11-26-12, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
he did have an auspicious first tour tho hog.
Half the Barloworld team fell off their bikes that year. John Lee Augustyn was their boy and he's practically vanished. Note he became their boy by default. Showed more promise than Geraint Thomas who was on the team and also Froome. Where did he go after he fell part way down that hill?

The big names on that team were Robbie Hunter and Juan Mauricio Soler Hernandez. Now let's assume some things about that Tour. Say Cadel and Carlos were clean. Say the Schleck's were clean. How does that explain Barloworld guys being none existent except for Augustyn? That had absolutely squat. Froome was what, 23 that year? How old is Tejay Van Garderen now? About the same age. How old was Andy Schleck? Same age.

Some people are born with it and are winners, even in a doped peloton. Others get their by taking to the more traveled road and in cycling that road is littered with shady medical shortcuts and doping doctors all too willing to pump you up to inhuman levels.

I'll go with what thehog said...Froome looks like an alien. Horrible to watch riding. It's ugly and just looks wrong. Limb proportions and body morphology is all weird...if this were high fashion modelling he'd be joked about by the public. But because it's sport...go figure.
Old 11-26-12, 12:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoriaz View Post
Good point, but can I ask you to play fair?

How many times have you posted about Froome weaving all over the road on ONE stage, after being overtaken by Gerrans, as proof that he is/was rubbish?
You can.

But there is literally nothing else of Froome on video anywhere. That's how obscure he was. I wish there was video footage to counter the "weaving video" but there simply nothing of him until Close Encounters of the Froome Kind at the 2011 Vuelta.

If someone can show my some YouTube of Froome showing his potential I'll stand corrected.

Until that point we can only use the evidence at hand. The weaving video stands.

Last edited by thehog; 11-26-12 at 12:35.
Old 11-26-12, 13:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
and if one had to look cool to post here....................you would not

be hearing from myself

but welcome back from your ban!

when was it necesary to pedal with charm on a bike to win..............

remember fast eddy?
There is one Blackcat on the forum. Mimicking him is so not cool if that is your intent. WTF is up with your posting style anyway? Makes less sense than Blackcat and his form is expected. I understood about half of your post...the first part is a blank. Sounds like you're talking to yourself.

Never been necessary to pedal with charm. Definitely necessary to get all those fans loving you though. Every fan loves a classy bike rider who looks at home on a bike. Nobody likes watching a praying mantis on a bike dope to his eyeballs. He looks so wrong on a bike it isn't funny.

Froome is form wise on a bike, PR wise in front of a camera and result and history wise one of the dumbest moves in cycling. The UCI and ASO should just say NO to everyone. Wiggins looks like certifiable gold next to Froome in all markets. I'd hate to be selling this stuff. Hate to be as my work would be cut out. Selling half the rest of the peloton is far easier to do. It's like they are just begging for garbage to come up once again. Watching him ride next to Contador and Valverde at the Vuelta was ugly. Purito's style trumped him as well. I'm not picking on the guy for being born with different limb dimensions, he just does not look like he should be on a bike.

Personally I can't wait for him to go full retard next year. He's already opened his account weeks back with his intentions for the Tour. He thinks he is the man. No stone will be left unturned. Next years Tour should by all accounts be absurd viewing. WWE will probably be taking notes on what to implement into their staged routines. Gonna be one interesting year 2013.

PS: found your recent posts on another thread. Guess you and Blackcat must have been separated at birth. I don't believe in coincidences, so you posting in the same fashion mulitple times ain't an accident. Doesn't matter, just means I have to decipher your intent and meaning when you post. BTW, if one wanted to be cool, posting on a forum, talking about doping in cycling, well that's really not the best way to go about it IMO. The last thing anything in Australia is right now is cool. It's hot. Really hot.

Last edited by Galic Ho; 11-26-12 at 14:29.
Old 11-26-12, 16:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
I'll go with what thehog said...Froome looks like an alien. Horrible to watch riding. It's ugly and just looks wrong. Limb proportions and body morphology is all weird...if this were high fashion modelling he'd be joked about by the public. But because it's sport...go figure.
I agree. He look terrible on a bike. Doesn’t even look a little bit like a bike rider.

If he was the superstar TT’er and climbing ace that some are claiming I could understand him make some slight progression at the 2011 Vuelta. Hen faring better at the 2012 Tour.

But from zero to podium?