Wiggins better than disgraced Lance Armstrong? - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-26-12, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Lance has to be fuming with this. I'm not sure how he puts up with all this. He has to fight back.
Professionally he would be advised how to deal with these "demons".

I expect he would now be limited to keeping a troll diary. Alphabetically entering the names of trolls who he will deal with after his redemption phase.

Redemption will occur (according to the hopeful Markvw).
Old 11-26-12, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velodude View Post
Professionally he would be advised how to deal with these "demons".

I expect he would now be limited to keeping a troll diary. Alphabetically entering the names of trolls who he will deal with after his redemption phase.

Redemption will occur (according to the hopeful Markvw).
He must be hating now that “anti-doping” is in fashion. Even Contador is in on the act!

he can keep the troll diary but it won't do him much good. No one id going to listen to anything he says anymore.

I think his only way is to take down the UCI. He'll get some kudos for doing that.
Old 11-26-12, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Webster View Post
Wiggo , like everyone who understood pro cycling over the last 20 years always knew Armstrong was doped to the gills. Feigning any kind of surprise is utter nonsense.
For that reason alone Wiggo,s credibility on the issue, Is, in my book, a big fat zero.
this

Quote:
Lance has to be fuming with this. I'm not sure how he puts up with all this. He has to fight back.
and this
Old 11-26-12, 18:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoat View Post
No I dont think he is but, this is what I've been saying all along. lances undoped V02 max is in a huge cluster of other talented riders. Its something perhaps not a log of pros know, but some knowledgeable guys are aware of it.
So, "talent" means what exactly? Without the drugs, the teammates on drugs and the UCI's help he wasn't going to win any Grand Tours. He couldn't even close the deal on a small-time stage race in the U.S. whe he was off the peak doping cycle.

I love how you drop the vague but official-sounding "knowledgeable guys." Is that Ed Coyle? John Wilcockson maybe?

Oh, yeah Wiggo is better. No doubt. Someone might want to ask what role the Pat and Hein had in creating the TdF/Olympics fantasy though.

http://www.gofundme.com/a4mlho

https://twitter.com/FitnessLawyer

This is a good time for her to tell her story.

Last edited by DirtyWorks; 11-26-12 at 19:02.
Old 11-26-12, 18:46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
you forgot the sarcastic smilie.
Irony thrives without the aid of emoticons.
Old 11-26-12, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
this

and this
Lance has to fight back. He's a fighter.

I know he wants to spend time with his family but he needs to lose the invisible backpack of sadness and come out swinging!
Old 11-26-12, 19:36

Quote:
Lance has to fight back. He's a fighter.

I know he wants to spend time with his family but he needs to lose the invisible backpack of sadness and come out swinging!
I agree he must be fuming, especially wrt UCI, and more generally wrt the hypocricy of those who say Lance betrayed them. As if they didn't know.

Last edited by sniper; 11-26-12 at 21:29.
Old 11-26-12, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Webster View Post
Wiggo , like everyone who understood pro cycling over the last 20 years always knew Armstrong was doped to the gills. Feigning any kind of surprise is utter nonsense.
For that reason alone Wiggo,s credibility on the issue, Is, in my book, a big fat zero.
Exactly.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Old 11-26-12, 21:26

Quote:
Post of the day! The guy can't even keep the family man facade going for a week. He'll be back to embarass/imprison himself if he's already making training excuses. Go Wonderboy! You are a fighter! Have Thom whisper sweet nothings in your ear while you turn the pedals in anger! Grrr!!

Interested to see when the Sky scandal breaks and how much disgrace hangs on Wiggo after a full season of ridiculous 2012 performances and follow-on righteous indignation.

http://www.gofundme.com/a4mlho

https://twitter.com/FitnessLawyer

This is a good time for her to tell her story.

Last edited by DirtyWorks; 11-26-12 at 21:36.
Old 11-26-12, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
Interested to see when the Sky scandal breaks and how much disgrace hangs on Wiggo after a full season of ridiculous 2012 performances and follow-on righteous indignation.
Maybe Wiggins will be a smart doper and go off the sauce since he already achieved his goal. He could have a sudden decline like Sastre. He could make a decent showing at his next GT, ride out his contract with subpar performances, and then retire.