Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 368 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-26-12, 22:29

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
not really maybe 5-10 spanish players that make more than contador. but even that I doubt. for instance sneijder is best paid player in italy and makes 6 million a year. in spain they pay less, except madrid and barcelona, but only handful will be paid more then that. in england they also pay less than in italy, save city and chelsea.
i think they pay most money in salary in russia and china nowadays. if you hear the figures old goofs like drogba in china make you think wtf???
Old 11-26-12, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
i think they pay most money in salary in russia and china nowadays. if you hear the figures old goofs like drogba in china make you think wtf???
Add Qatar as well, guys like Rivaldo earned huge money when they were 40
I think the most paid footballer is Eto'o but I might be wrong
Old 11-26-12, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
that is true and I can't think of any major spanish players there.
Old 11-27-12, 06:50

As far as I know, the players earn considerably more in England than they do in Italy, though its primarily United, City and Chelsea doing the heavy lifting in this department.
The development in recent years with Paris SG and City emerging as big money clubs has, however, given the salaries and general prices a ridiculous boost.
Old 11-27-12, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
If you include alonso and lorenzo you might as well include martha sanchez and Juan Carlos Ii

Also there's gonna be about 50 spanish footballers who beat contadors wage.
I chose Alonso and Lorenzo cos they ARE sportsman.Footbalers are no comment,but 50 is too much.But I've got your point.
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-27-12, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
I chose Alonso and Lorenzo cos they ARE sportsman.Footbalers are no comment,but 50 is too much.But I've got your point.
Never found that driving a car is a real sport (0;
Old 11-27-12, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Never found that driving a car is a real sport (0;
That is for very interesring disscusion,unfortunately off topic.To sum up,maybe it is not real sport,but at least it is a sport.

Im a person who follow cycling,tennis,motorsport,golf,snooker,football etc. and these are very very diffrent activities,but I declare them all with the word 'sport'
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-27-12, 11:53

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

With the amount of g-force F1 drivers get to endure, they have to train a lot to be able to handle that. Imho it's definately a tough sport.
Old 11-27-12, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by infeXio View Post
As far as I know, the players earn considerably more in England than they do in Italy, though its primarily United, City and Chelsea doing the heavy lifting in this department.
The development in recent years with Paris SG and City emerging as big money clubs has, however, given the salaries and general prices a ridiculous boost.
that simply isn't true. teams like united have a salary cap. they made an exception for van perse who makes 5 million a year. it's also the reason sneijder doesn't go to united, because he will be paid less than at inter.
Old 11-27-12, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
That is for very interesring disscusion,unfortunately off topic.To sum up,maybe it is not real sport,but at least it is a sport.

Im a person who follow cycling,tennis,motorsport,golf,snooker,football etc. and these are very very diffrent activities,but I declare them all with the word 'sport'
Golf, Snooker, Dart are not sports to me. Its all subjective I know, but thats just how I see it.

Also I know its very tough to be a F1 driver. But still its not really a "real" sport to me. The actual bike is ofcourse an important part of bicycling, but its in F1 the actual car and its mechanics just have to huge of an impact for my liking. But really its all subjective (0:

A lot of things attracts me about cycling but one thing is the mano-a-mano battles. The look into your opponent's eyes on a tought climb before u lauch your attack, the look on riders faces when they go into pure survuval mode on the climb. There are just so many things in cycling that appeal to me that other sports dont offer. But again, its all subjective. Some ppl get more out of F1 and golf, fair enough