Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?) - Page 68 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-26-12, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
...but where we differ is that Blackcat thinks he's a Carl Lewis-style natural talent who would have risen to the top clean or dirty, and I think he's a Ben Johnson-style chemically created alien. I respect the difference.
Carl Lewis' natural talent is his ability to lie and cheat.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 11-26-12, 20:43

You're mistaking the court of public opinion for a court of law.

I don't expect them to sanction Froome based on his sudden improvement from also-ran to superstrong climber and TT behemoth. That would be unethical and unfair. But I might reasonably expect that, given the history of the sport, it might be worth keeping a close eye on him. After all, why did they target Riccardo Riccò for testing in 2008?

Forever tête de la course.
Old 11-26-12, 20:43

Quote:
It's a plausible explanation, but Froome's improvement is so drastic and so sudden, that it's hard to take seriously, simply because we're being asked to accept the explanation that most of the péloton doped up until August 6 2011, and is now mostly clean. It's not a minor swing or gradual process, otherwise a clean Froome's results should be gradually improving as more and more clean riders means more people he's able to beat on a level playing field. But the swing has been incredibly drastic, from a guy who'd finished in the top 10 of two mountain stages in his entire career (3rd on Mont Faron in the 2008 Tour Méditerranéen and 8th in the relatively easy climb of Leysin the 2011 Tour de Romandie) and had blown up in a number of one week races, to a guy who finishes in the top 5-6 in every mountain stage in a GT, shelling people who've won GTs and people who've top 5ed the Tour de France in the process. And he could still win the Vuelta - Cobo has to do a pee before anything can be confirmed.

If it was possible for Froome to do this clean, and the péloton hasn't had a sudden get-up-and-go-totally-clean, then the question must be asked, why hadn't he even come close to doing this before?
I would agree. It’s just too dramatic.

And comments like this don’t help. Why can’t he just pretend and say LeMond?

Quote:
Bradley Wiggins:

When I took the lead of the front group three kilometres away from the top, I rode fast despite the head wind. I’m pretty good at guessing when my adversaries aren’t well. For three kilometres, I’ve ridden like Miguel Indurain! I had never done that before.
Old 11-26-12, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
Guess you and Blackcat must have been separated at birth. I don't believe in coincidences, so you posting in the same fashion mulitple times ain't an accident.
dont think you are implying a sockpuppet. I will only go to this mo if (and when) I get banned. then might camouflage the persona. I have only made a few posts outside this forum, (sub-forum). Perhaps 0.5% of total posts.
Old 11-26-12, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
So you and Blackcat speak for one and all?

Also it doesn’t matter if I knew about the race or not. I’m not the one trying to pass it off as the future symbol of clean cycling GT champions!

If you thought it was such an amazing race and you never miss it then why is it only now you mention it? Surely you’d be posting some updates in the Race thread? Or some info on some up and coming riders?

Or is just convenient that it fits into the Froome clean story that you know all about it.

Sorry I’m not buying it. You’re over selling the story and using this race as an excuse.

Sorry.
Hog, you might concede, you have invoked the term "provincial" as a term of invective. Not a descriptive term in respect to the quality of the race.

Where else will u23 stage races be, but in the spaces of the cycling regions?

And since national teams were invited to this race, and the UCI composite Le Monde team, then I do not see that the qualifier/adjective "regional" is correct in this instance.

I do not know how long the Baby Giro was on ice, it came back rebranded as the Bio-Giro I think, with an emphasis on the new breed, and more controls, and hematocrit testing at the start. I think they made a splash with a few riders prevented from starting.

Then they went back on ice, for one or two years I think. (going off a very hazy memory).

Matt Lloyd was third as a final year espoir. Actually, I think he did not even qualify for the Worlds that year, as he had turned 23. So I think the entry rules for u23 must have been different in Italian races at that time.

Peter Kennaugh came third about 3 years ago.

Think Dmitri Grabowsky won Lloyd's year. And a Colombian second (I think).
We are talking Bio-Giro to emphasise. Not Regioni. And yes, Regioni is Italian for region.
Old 11-26-12, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
Showed more promise than Geraint Thomas
G was only 19 or 20. barely out of nappies
Old 11-26-12, 23:54

Quote:
But I might reasonably expect that, given the history of the sport, it might be worth keeping a close eye on him. After all, why did they target Riccardo Riccò for testing in 2008?
Froome could be glowing and if it is seen as vital to the UCI's interests to keep the bloom on the 2012 TdF/Olympics fantasy, that positive would never get announced.

The UCI tried it with Contador, they did it with Armstrong. meanwhile other riders have been swept away days after hearing about the doping positive on CN.

Defenders of Sky's 2012 domination are assuming the UCI acts imparitally. They do not.
Old 11-27-12, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
Froome could be glowing and if it is seen as vital to the UCI's interests to keep the bloom on the 2012 TdF/Olympics fantasy, that positive would never get announced.

The UCI tried it with Contador, they did it with Armstrong. meanwhile other riders have been swept away days after hearing about the doping positive on CN.

Defenders of Sky's 2012 domination are assuming the UCI acts imparitally. They do not.
I don't think anyone on Sky is going to test positive ever. Wiggins was right. They are US Postal in more ways than one.

I get the feeling Contador is sending a message to Sky and in particular Froome; lay off the gear. Make it a fake fight next year.

Quote:
"For cycling, it should be zero tolerance, I express myself less certain but it is clear that there is no place for cheaters," the Spaniard explained.
If I were Contador I wouldn't take chances. I'd get a few cells on ice in prep for next year.
Old 11-27-12, 11:21

There is a new book out at the minute called Allez Wiggo by Daniel Friebe. There is a full page shot of Froome crossing the line at Planche des belle filles, he has his two arms raised in victory.
If you look at his left arm, under his bicep there are two disctinct marks, which to me look like needle marks.
In normal circumstances these would never be visible, but you can see them as he is punching the air in victory and the inner part of his arms are facing outward.
Has anyone else seen this?
Old 11-27-12, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
There is a new book out at the minute called Allez Wiggo by Daniel Friebe. There is a full page shot of Froome crossing the line at Planche des belle filles, he has his two arms raised in victory.
If you look at his left arm, under his bicep there are two disctinct marks, which to me look like needle marks.
In normal circumstances these would never be visible, but you can see them as he is punching the air in victory and the inner part of his arms are facing outward.
Has anyone else seen this?
This one?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en...:24,s:26,i:245