Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 182 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-27-12, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
marginal .
Everything is marginal related.

Old 11-27-12, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
People or person ?

Because looking at all reactions, Wiggins is people's favourite by a marginal distance over Murray so far.
latest odds suggest otherwise. Wiggins is 2/5, Mo Farah is 5/1 and the rest are 10/1 and up.
Old 11-27-12, 10:36

For some reason Andy Murray isn't that popular, though his acheievements are on a similar level to Wiggo

I thought Laura Trott would have made the list though, pesonally I wouldn't mind if Mo Farah or Wiggo won.
Old 11-27-12, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
For some reason Andy Murray isn't that popular, though his acheievements are on a similar level to Wiggo

I thought Laura Trott would have made the list though, pesonally I wouldn't mind if Mo Farah or Wiggo won.
Mo is good choice too.
I heard that Andy is not that popular,its interesting.I dont live in GB but maybe its because of scotish origin?No?
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-27-12, 11:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Mo is good choice too.
I heard that Andy is not that popular,its interesting.I dont live in GB but maybe its because of scotish origin?No?
No. Well, maybe an ill chosen joke about the england football team didn't help, but plenty of scots are popular.

He's just kind of moody and doesn't play particularly pretty tennis
Old 11-27-12, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Mo is good choice too.
Not sure it is his Scottish origin, people have no problem with Chris Hoy, more his surly attitude.

The only thing about the scottish thing is perhaps comments that he made in the past about England Football team, which some English (though not me) took an exception to me, (if I was scottish I wouldn't want England to win, I would say I don't want Scotland to win, abut as they never do anyway it does not bother me ).
Old 11-27-12, 14:35

Given his achievements and the landslide win Cav had last year I expect Wiggins to win. I don't think Murray is that unpopular and expect him to be in the top three along with either Farah or Ennis. Plus a lot of people will have warmed to Murray after his emotional Wimbledon loss.

I'd have had Trott and Brownlee in my top 12 ahead of Grainger, Hoy or even Storey. Its a shame that so many of these sports only get the recognition in Olympic year. Its as if World Champs only count in athletics.
Old 11-27-12, 15:39

Being a cycling fan, I think its clear Wiggins should take the Spoty price. TdF win and a Gold medal in the home Olympics. Looks perfect.

Murray relatively close 2nd.
Old 11-27-12, 16:50

I don't think Wiggins will get it as you still have the LA fallout fresh in the public's mind and I think Ben Ainsley, David Weir and Mo Farah will get it before another cyclist and if it is a cyclist Chris Hoy

Last edited by Boardslide; 11-27-12 at 17:03.
Old 11-28-12, 10:05

I've seen plenty of online polls and the only people getting significant votes are Wiggins, Murray, Farah and Ennis. No one else has a chance.

The bookies aren't often wrong. Bet365 have:
Bradley Wiggins 4/11
Mo Farah 9/2
Andy Murray 10/1
Jessica Ennis 10/1
David Weir 33/1
Ellie Simmonds 50/1
Rory McIlroy 100/1
Chris Hoy 125/1
Ben Ainslie 175/1
Katherine Grainger 200/1
Nicola Adams 150/1