Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 370 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-27-12, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
saying f1 isn't a sport is wrong and it isn't even up to personal opinion, you need superhuman reflexes and extreme phisical endurance just to be able to properly drive an f1.

clearly most people have no idea what driving an f1 is like, the car's aerodynamics only work at high speeds, if you go too slow you will just slide out of the track as the car literally have 0 grip, at such speeds the next corner comes so fast that the average person won't even have time to process the information that the corner is coming before they get there. then there are the massive G forces they endure all the time when breaking, cornering and accelerating, forces strong enough that if you concentrated them on a single point of your body (like a punch) instead of being spread equally over the body they would crush bones and organs most likely kill a person.

guys like alonso and vettel score twice as much as airforce pilots on similar reflexes tests and are capable of staying 100% focused for like 4 hours straight while enduring all that plus extremely high temperatures while only drinking ice tea which after a few minutes of race is more like fire tea.

and this is all without even considering the driving skill needed be fast enough to win a race.

does this look like an unprepared athlete to you? that's alonso by the way looking strong enough to prolly beat any poster on this forum over a climb as he is only 67kg and is capable of following pro's over tough training rides.

+1
Well said.

Clip of Webber and Prost riding Alpe d' Huez
Old 11-27-12, 16:14

You are a bit off topic guys,btw. nice picture of Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Alberto tonight on Fenomenos Antena 3 22:30 I hope someone will put it on youtube
It will be hillarious,looking forward to video
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-27-12, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by peloton View Post
+1
Well said.

Clip of Webber and Prost riding Alpe d' Huez
I knew f1 racers is always extremely fit but Prost is damn impressive given the fact that he's over 50 years old
Old 11-27-12, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
You are a bit off topic guys,btw. nice picture of Alonso

It will be hillarious,looking forward to video
I want to see it omg
Old 11-27-12, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
that simply isn't true. teams like united have a salary cap. they made an exception for van perse who makes 5 million a year. it's also the reason sneijder doesn't go to united, because he will be paid less than at inter.
I know this is off topic, but this claim is far from true. There are only 2 players in Italy that are payed more than 5 millions [De Rossi and Sneijder] and both are likely to leave because of that very soon. Every team except Juve is offloading players to save money.
Van Persie earns around 10 millions a year, that's at least what I read almost everywhere on internet... There are at least 10 more players that have 5+ millions a year. Italian teams can only dream of that.
Old 11-27-12, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim charles View Post
I know this is off topic, but this claim is far from true. There are only 2 players in Italy that are payed more than 5 millions [De Rossi and Sneijder] and both are likely to leave because of that very soon. Every team except Juve is offloading players to save money.
Van Persie earns around 10 millions a year, that's at least what I read almost everywhere on internet... There are at least 10 more players that have 5+ millions a year. Italian teams can only dream of that.
Dream? Sounds like a nightmare to me. I get messi getting paid a few mill but for a country with the economic troubles of Italy for guys like sneijder who aren't even top 15 players anymore getting paid even more? They are lucky to get a 10th of that as it is
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-27-12, 17:48

Well, from the perspective of normal human being it is nightmare, I was talking more from the perspective of football clubs that care only about results and not much about possible consequences of spending like mad.
Old 11-27-12, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
I would call F1 a sport if they All drove in the same car (in before "they also use different cycles"). I know that F1 drivers need fat reflexes and good psysical condition, but When the mashine itself has such a huge impact on the résult as in F1 thats just not a Real sport to me.
There are lot's of categories like that. In F1 it's a combination of man and machine. Combined they need to be the best. Sadly money is still a too big thing in deciding who is gonna be the best (Red Bull spends a lot more than the rest) but in the end it's down to the brilliance of the engineers, strategists, car and drivers. I can understand that not everyone likes the concept, but that doesn't mean it's not a sport.
Old 11-27-12, 17:58

Seneca J. Rose ‏@sansenmag
UCI points name him "#1 Cyclist in the World" but poor, poor Purito seems destined to 2nd tier cycling star while Contadorus Rex is around.
Old 11-27-12, 18:08
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
I would call F1 a sport if they All drove in the same car (in before "they also use different cycles"). I know that F1 drivers need fat reflexes and good psysical condition, but When the mashine itself has such a huge impact on the résult as in F1 thats just not a Real sport to me.
talent takes you to better cars just like in cycling takes you to better teams that will offer you better support.

simply put winning the world championship on an inferior car would be like a guy winning a GT supported by a team like argos shimano which would be pretty much impossible as he would be alone after the first mountain each day.

also just to prove how flawed your "the one with the best car always wins" argument is, all first 4 guys of the championship this year (won last sunda by vettel) started their careers on weaker teams before slowly moving up to better teams.