Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 372 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-27-12, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioni View Post
Correct.. when Alonso is behind the wheel, it's not sport, it's art...
Picasso wasnt at athlete but he was an artist. So ye, can agree with that. F1 as an art show and cycling as a sport (0;
Old 11-27-12, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by uphillstruggle View Post
You clearly are not up on footballers salaries. Van Persie makes 5 mill a year that works out at about 90 K a week. RVP makes much more than that, Rooneys last contract was 180 K a week. RVP will make somewhere near that amount. United continually break their so-called salary cap.
I'm talking about net income here. not gross.
Old 11-27-12, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidolix View Post
Now IĻm just waiting to hear Ryo saying "thatīs not true...course I know everything..." when fact is he donīt know s...

Ofc F1 is a sport, and a very tough one, to be able to keep concentrating for so long requires a phenomenal physical endurance and fitness.
lol your obsession with me where did I say anything about formula 1?
Old 11-27-12, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
I'm talking about net income here. not gross.
Then you should talk about what Contador makes in net as well. The figure of 5-6 million quoted is gross. In any case its about half that of a top level footballer.
Old 11-27-12, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
talent takes you to better cars just like in cycling takes you to better teams that will offer you better support.

simply put winning the world championship on an inferior car would be like a guy winning a GT supported by a team like argos shimano which would be pretty much impossible as he would be alone after the first mountain each day.

also just to prove how flawed your "the one with the best car always wins" argument is, all first 4 guys of the championship this year (won last sunda by vettel) started their careers on weaker teams before slowly moving up to better teams.
I still remember Alonso during his Minardi years, he was damn impressive with his garbage car and he moved up to renault like you said
Old 11-27-12, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
talent takes you to better cars just like in cycling takes you to better teams that will offer you better support.

simply put winning the world championship on an inferior car would be like a guy winning a GT supported by a team like argos shimano which would be pretty much impossible as he would be alone after the first mountain each day.

also just to prove how flawed your "the one with the best car always wins" argument is, all first 4 guys of the championship this year (won last sunda by vettel) started their careers on weaker teams before slowly moving up to better teams.
Ofc talent, if recognized, take u to better cars, but it also gives u an unfair advantage. If u are more talented u should win even if u all drove the same cars. And then maybe the more average drivers would win more. If that happened (all driving similar cars) then maybe I would call it a real sport - the F1 is to much about equiptment for my personal taste. Thats also one of the reasons UCI has strict rules about bikes (to make the equipment make less of a difference). But I dot no beef with ppl percieving F1 as a real sport, just dont force-feed that perception to me.

Anyways, sry for the offtopic.

PS: oh and no u cant compare a team strength with a mechnical advantage such as a car. A team consist of human beings that need to work together. A car is a thing, a mashing. Not a human being.

Last edited by Cimber; 11-27-12 at 22:16.
Old 11-27-12, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
Ofc talent, if recognized, take u to better cars, but it also gives u an unfair advantage. If u are more talented u should win even if u all drove the same cars. And then maybe the more average drivers would win more. If that happened (all driving similar cars) then maybe I would call it a real sport. Thats also one of the reasons UCI has strict rules about bikes (to make the equipment make less of a difference). But I dot no beef with ppl percieving F1 as a real sport, just dont force-feed that perception to me.

Anyways, sry for the offtopic.
It's simply a different sport. F1 is not only driver-centric, it's about the engineering and the technology as well. I don't see why it can't be a sport if it involves more than one person to win or not.
Old 11-27-12, 23:43
Administrator

Hi guys. Can we please stop the F1/Football posts and get back to Contador?

Cheers
Old 11-28-12, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
Hi guys. Can we please stop the F1/Football posts and get back to Contador?

Cheers
yes lets go back to Alberto.. This is Flo's fan page:
Old 11-28-12, 08:53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
lol your obsession with me where did I say anything about formula 1?
It can hardly be called an obsession since you being ignored most of the time, but unfortunately I still have to see your replies, really wish the mods could change that.