Tyler's Book - Page 152 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-27-12, 22:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride to forget View Post
Tyler was signing copies of the book today a couple of minutes from where I work in London, so I went along. I'm not bothered about signatures, but I wanted to thank him for standing up to the bullies and doing the right thing.

He said he wished he'd done it a lot sooner, but that comments like that meant a lot to him, so I don't regret spending pretty much my whole lunchhour queueing up in the cold - it was busy!

Dan Coyle was there too, I asked him what he had planned next but he said he didn't know yet. Either its a secret, or he's just been surprised by the degree of success and is enjoying it
Well done.

Tyler was on german TV, together with Sylvia Schenk, who was the president of the german club for cycling from 2001-2004. She gasped for air when they showed McQuaid telling his mantra 'we had no idea and i am not responsible for anything', saying that she couldn't understand why he would say such a thing when it was an obvious lie. She also spoke about the 'donations' saying that McQuaid and Verbruggen always had quite different versions about the donations, making clear that in an organisation like the UCI this should never have happened in any case, no matter how they try to find excuses now.

At the end of the interview Tyler got asked whom else Del Moral has been working with, except cycling, and for a moment Tyler didn't want to answer, no idea why, but then he said 'tennis and football'. I wonder why he reacted like that, i thought that was already clear anyway?

http://www.zdfsport.de/ZDF/zdfportal...-ein-Hund.html
Old 11-28-12, 14:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterh View Post

At the end of the interview Tyler got asked whom else Del Moral has been working with, except cycling, and for a moment Tyler didn't want to answer, no idea why, but then he said 'tennis and football'. I wonder why he reacted like that, i thought that was already clear anyway?

http://www.zdfsport.de/ZDF/zdfportal...-ein-Hund.html
Litigation i suppose would stop him naming names.

Last edited by Benotti69; 11-28-12 at 14:56.
Old 11-28-12, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride to forget View Post
Tyler was signing copies of the book today a couple of minutes from where I work in London, so I went along. I'm not bothered about signatures, but I wanted to thank him for standing up to the bullies and doing the right thing.

He said he wished he'd done it a lot sooner, but that comments like that meant a lot to him, so I don't regret spending pretty much my whole lunchhour queueing up in the cold - it was busy!

Dan Coyle was there too, I asked him what he had planned next but he said he didn't know yet. Either its a secret, or he's just been surprised by the degree of success and is enjoying it
Well done and thanks. I wanted to do pretty much exactly the same thing but ended up stuck in meetings all through the early afternoon.
Old 11-28-12, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Quite, the clean boys didn't win anything and a book about riding on corn flakes and real orange juice while getting 42th in France ain't going to sell that many copies. Frankly, it all sounds rather dull.
ironically, this is the story i'm dying to hear.

Last edited by lean,mean,&green; 11-28-12 at 14:53.
Old 11-28-12, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
Moncoutié chose his own path. He prefers to be quiet, he wouldn't enjoy the spotlight, so he can't lead any crusade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Understand, my point however is that it would be a non starter anyway. A book by Moncoutie would not gain any traction, there would be no interviews lined up at BBC or any other significant media and the whole thing would be forgotten within 2 weeks.

I disagree.

If "MANcoutier" did make a confession regarding his dazed and confused days at Cofidis it would not be forgotten within 2 weeks. He could tell how every time he got to the hotel room he had to wear a burlap sack over his head while being bound so he would not accidently bump into any doping products or doping teammates. How when he got on the team bus he had to wear a blind fold and ear plugs so that he does not need to see or hear about any doping he was NOT involved in.

Last edited by Glenn_Wilson; 11-28-12 at 15:46.
Old 11-28-12, 15:42

Great review of Tyler's book, and possibly the best summation of the entire Armstrong affair I have read, in the London Review of Books:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v34/n22/david-r...dy-gets-popped

Highly recommended.
Old 11-28-12, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedzero View Post
Great review of Tyler's book, and possibly the best summation of the entire Armstrong affair I have read, in the London Review of Books:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v34/n22/david-r...dy-gets-popped

Highly recommended.
his assumption that a footballer's size is an indication of cleanliness is laughable tho.
Old 11-28-12, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lean,mean,&green View Post
ironically, this is the story i'm dying to hear.
and the blood profiles I am keen to see too - although Mr "Clean Team" still refuses to be transparent in any way useful.

Just being able to finish and participate in the TdF would be a dream of up and comers. So let's see the ABP values from the domestiques so the new guys can see it can be completed clean.
Old 11-28-12, 23:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
I disagree.

If "MANcoutier" did make a confession regarding his dazed and confused days at Cofidis it would not be forgotten within 2 weeks. He could tell how every time he got to the hotel room he had to wear a burlap sack over his head while being bound so he would not accidently bump into any doping products or doping teammates. How when he got on the team bus he had to wear a blind fold and ear plugs so that he does not need to see or hear about any doping he was NOT involved in.
I am over half way through David "cry baby" Millar's book now. And there's a few things that I'm puzzling over, but I have to say, the whole "you can win clean" thing is either the greatest truth out there, or there's a big chunk of the story missing.

Krebs Cycle says if Wiggins is doping, you'd expect his performance in short TTs to be far greater than they are, yet Millar beats a verifiably doped to the gills and other body parts Armstrong in a Tour TT in 2000 - apparently before Millar started doping...

And Millar also says his Hct was 40%.

Something...

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 11-28-12 at 23:21.
Old 11-28-12, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
yet Millar beats a verifiably doped to the gills and other body parts Armstrong in a Tour TT in 2000 - apparently before Millar started doping...

And Millar also says his Hct was 40%.

Something...
is

not

right.

But we also heard from the Grand Warlock at Garmin, that he never doped on Credit Agricole, he had a phonecall from Roger Legeay, actually he called RL, and said he would "prepare with the erythropoetin" for a coming Tour to give him results. And Roger said, "non, non, non Yawna phornn ce n'est pas".

And he could not take cortisone when he eveball swelled up with a wasp sting.

ofcourse.

something...