Cuisine Corner - Page 80 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-17-12, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
I think pasta is absolutely great. Cheap, easy and quick, and with different flavors it can be different every time. If it only takes ~15 minutes to prepare, I don't care if I have to do it every day.

And in my time in Italy, I indeed learned that the best way is the simple way. You guys just add one or two ingredients and off you go, while in the Netherlands you have to absolutely stuff your pizza or pasta with literally everything before it is taken seriously.
I also think pasta tastes great. It's simply not the best food from a nutritional point of view. I try to vary a lot in the carbs department.

As for the stuffing: in my travelling experience, I came to the conclusion that people outside of Italy exaggerates with toppings simply because the pizza or the pasta themselves are not good enough.
In Napoli there are still places where you can order only two pizzas: Marinara (tomato sauce, garlic, origano) and Margherita (mozzarella, tomato sauce and basil). Because the dough is so yummy and fulfilling that you don't need much else. Sure if the dough is bland and the tomato sauce is sour (which happens so many times abroad and I really have no idea why), you need a million ingredients to cover the **** flavour and make it edible.
Same goes for the pasta. Aglio, olio e peperoncino (garlic, oil and chillies) is probably my favorite pasta ever.

Oh and please no Fettuccine Alfredo
Old 11-27-12, 17:07

Old 11-27-12, 17:11

Old 11-27-12, 17:16

Shrimp scampi over linguini nere:

Old 11-27-12, 19:18

I've been really sick for about a week. I didn't go north to my brothers. I wanted to feel a little like thanksgiving so I bought a wal-mart roast chicken and talked my roommate through preparing the stuffing and string beans. What you see is what my miserable dog ate. yep walked out on the deck to look at the ocean and boom it was gone without a trace, no meat, no bones, no skin there wasn't even a grease spot. But it was still a great day as I have so much to be thankful for.
Old 11-28-12, 02:47

Kreisler,you have it all right. Be thankful.enjoy the dog enjoying. Few years back,I got buzzed while cooking, made a call to someone I had not taked to in years. The call went on for 30+ minutes. I came back inside happy and hungry.

I checked the oven and stove top. An entire chicken w mashed and gravy eaten by an oversized Beagle mix. The dog ate the food and then went under the bed. She knew it was wrong but worth it.

I tried to be mad but ordered spicy chicken chow fun from the place down the block. When the dog and I finally made up on the couch her breath still smelled like chicken.
Old 11-28-12, 03:08

Aw, krebby hope you are feeling better.
You have been awfully quiet....
but I like your doggie story.

Yours too f&f
Old 11-28-12, 03:25

still sick still no computer and now trying to straighten out 3 hacked e-mail accounts with the 7" tablet. Ireally should start drinking again
Old 11-28-12, 03:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by krebs303 View Post
still sick still no computer and now trying to straighten out 3 hacked e-mail accounts with the 7" tablet. Ireally should start drinking again
no no no!
Just rant on here and twit
Old 11-28-12, 03:33

Mew rocking the kasbah in her red fez