Sky - Page 911 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-25-12, 01:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoriaz View Post
As opposed to what Brad said himself in other interviews?

If you don't believe the others, why believe this?
Huge difference between a scripted film crew and a cyclingnews interview in my mind, yes.

Talking about the season past only a month after the team completely botched the Vuelta and someone died ffs - where Brad was advised so much he felt hounded (what I call micromanaging, clearly definitions differ) vs a movie where there were probably takes and editing and etc etc, yes.

Emotional people speak from the heart. The emotion is clear in the interview I am referring to.

Not sure which other interviews you are referring to, but I believe a lot of them. Just not the scripted ones. Like the Sky interview where it was like a robot talking about the USADA reasoned decision. Good grief. That was not Brad, that was a talking head and a teleprompter.
Old 11-25-12, 03:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Webster View Post
The mentality is that I've been burnt, aint gonna get burnt again. Pro cycling can destroy itself in its own good time and only then might somat genuine with integrity rise from the ashes. Its that simple. Its what it deserves.
Good on ya Darryl for taking the moral high ground in the discussion and not being drawn into a sh!t fight.

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 11-25-12, 05:03

Tiernan Locke on a weight loss program over Xmas.

Are weight loss drugs performance enhancing drugs...?

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 11-25-12, 05:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post

Maybe he will just eat bananas in which case he could be allmost as awesome as DR by July
Old 11-25-12, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post

Some are banned and others aren't. Marta Bastianelli and Aurélien Duval have both sat out two years for taking appetite suppressants.

Forever tête de la course.
Old 11-25-12, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
Some are banned and others aren't. Marta Bastianelli and Aurélien Duval have both sat out two years for taking appetite suppressants.
Once again they should have gone for 30 Bananas a day.That is sure to supress your appetite.
Old 11-25-12, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
Maybe he will just eat bananas in which case he could be allmost as awesome as DR by July
These bananas will be individually selected through a process that goes into the tiniest detail ensuring the banana is prepared to meet the needs of the rider.

All bananas will be tested to ensure they have not tested positive for anything untoward prior to being eaten by a sky rider.
Old 11-27-12, 23:37

Sky's April training camp

Despite having been ill after the Settimana Coppi e Bartali, the capabilities Tiernan-Locke displayed at Sky's TENERIFE training camp in April were instrumental in orchestrating his move for 2013.

"I had an SRM on and we were doing all these timed efforts and tests. Tim Kerrison was there analysing all that data, doing all the blood lactate checks and all that.

"I hadn't used power in a while and it surprised me. We set off at different intervals for an hour-long climbing test. It was half of their Tour de France team and me, and although we couldn't see each other because we set off at different times, I was right up there.

"Ever since that training camp I've changed a few things; my position has changed a bit and I'm not pushing such a big gear."
Old 11-27-12, 23:57

So what is this guy gonna do when they put him on the marginal gains program? The next Froome?
Old 11-28-12, 02:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalacain View Post
"Ever since that training camp I've changed a few things; my position has changed a bit and I'm not pushing such a big gear."
Spinning FTW!

Brad slows his cadence in TTs to go faster for the same power, but continues to ride an aerobically challenging 100+ rpm in the hills.

Now JTL is changing down and spinning up on the uphills too.

Lance would be proud.