Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-03-12, 03:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
basically said that, copying the Armstrong soundbite "done too much for so many people". Think Toma mentioned cancer too. That gives him a double word score eh.

Compare and contrast Toma's take on Vino, Ullrich, Landis, Rasmussen and the invective heaped on them
Same thing Wiggo said in 2010.
Old 11-03-12, 03:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
No, we can't move on, because hacks like you couldn't force the issue as "journalists" back then. Now you complain about people doing a proper job? Admittedly McGrory has probably only been retired for 5 or so years (but I'm sure he had a great time riding for Gerolsteiner).
mcgrory rode for mapei too,

gerolsteiner and mapei would have been half bremen munich berlin gent et al
I just hope that rather than hate, judge, or feel cheated, that our community will choose to do the same - to move forward without forgetting and to ride, not for greed or fame, but for the unbridled joy and love that the simple act of cycling brings us.
that bombastic tosh is courtesy of Allen Lim
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Renton Trainspotting.
Choose Life
t-shirts George Michael before busted by the bobbies trawling Hyde Park for glory holes.
Old 11-03-12, 13:17

Sorry to be hard of understanding, but it doesn't matter what category riders are registered under, under such a system whichever federation can sign up the most riders has the most clout. Thus the federation which has the potential to sign the most riders could, eventually, control the UCI. So we could have a scenario with China, a relatively new cycling nation, and India, a totally non-cycling nation (as far as racing goes) controlling the UCI. Under such a system cycle racing as we presently know it would be unrecognizable. On the other hand, it could be argued that the federations that have controlled the UCI heretofore haven't done such a bang up job either.
Old 11-27-12, 23:34

Excellent article by Lloyd Freeburn on Turtur's conflict of interest positions and upcoming Oceania election.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...on-presidency?

Will now have a look at his other articles.
Old 11-27-12, 23:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Excellent article by Lloyd Freeburn on Turtur's conflict of interest positions and upcoming Oceania election.

Got to love Mr Freeburn's style - calling the BS for what it is.
Old 11-28-12, 04:53

[QUOTE=skippy;544859]MovingTarget has made a comment about the "GREAT TOMMO" which leads me to wonder WHY the Aussie Public allow him to continue to swan around France for a month each year !

Luckily i do not have to suffer throughhis reports as i am there and in the past have watched the "input" so have wondered HOW he gets to be "mr Sbs" ? Surely it is time that someone like Mike Milton or Gatesy with "inside knowledge" takes centre stage ?

Sara Carrigan or Oenone Wood would be great for SBS and even Brido could do a better job if they were available .

French TV can work with anyone that speaks English but Cycling Knowledge is what the viewer is looking for , not imitators of DD or the P & P show !

Hate to defend a Lance lover but... Tomalaris was interviewed on radio in Australia (Talkin sport) after USADA released its repot. He didn,t pull any punches.He not only called Armstrong a cheat and a liar he questioned his contribution to cancer charity. The boast Graham Huges used the old ...hes done so much for cancer charity..donated his own money ....Tomalaris called this into question, saying that he lied about ped use so why believe him about the cancer cause! I thought it was great. Very few commentators have been that brutally honest.
Old 11-28-12, 05:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post

if nothin else, Lloyd Freeburn was blessed with a fine appellation. Pher- Ine!
I just hope that rather than hate, judge, or feel cheated, that our community will choose to do the same - to move forward without forgetting and to ride, not for greed or fame, but for the unbridled joy and love that the simple act of cycling brings us.
that bombastic tosh is courtesy of Allen Lim
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Renton Trainspotting.
Choose Life
t-shirts George Michael before busted by the bobbies trawling Hyde Park for glory holes.
Old 11-29-12, 17:40

Send a message via Skype™ to skippy

@bushranger , are you saying i am a " Lance fanboy "?

Wrong there ! All through i was looking for " fairplay " , hoping that this would quickly put to bed the problems in the Cycling scene ! What happened with the USADA reasoned report was something very few expected ! It took the wind out of ALL PARTIES that had any input .

My comment elsewhere today says a little about what i would like to see in the near future :

Ashenden & Fuller are investing time and effort to help the " Cycling Public " to have a say in the way forward for Cycle Racing ! They deserve OUR Respect for that effort ! Agree that the eventual leadership should be composed of those that are able to point the finger at existing problems and lead the way forward . That there will be some with questionable backgrounds joining is certain , but " Catherine Marsal ( Past , French Womens'champ ?) is only the first of many that will deride these worthwhile efforts . When i look at the response to petitions as shpwn in this tweet :

" These petitions need YOUR support ! http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...stralia#invite and http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...share_petition What are YOU waiting for ? Change only comes when helped!

I WONDER if there are FANS out there willing to help ?

Off to see what i can do to help thae efforts these people will make this weekend , what will the rest of you do ?

Roll over and go back to dreaming ?
Old 11-30-12, 04:55

[QUOTE=
Off to see what i can do to help thae efforts these people will make this weekend , what will the rest of you do ?

Roll over and go back to dreaming ?[/QUOTE]

Well me, i'll be :

- Remaining involved in my local club and trying to lobby CA to think about who it endorses for Oceania representation on the UCI - not Mike Turter.
- Working with junior riders and trying to instill the idea that being able to look yourself in the mirror is more important than undeserved success.
- Sending through a submission with ideas about how to deal with some of the cultural/structural issues in Australian cycling as part of the review process.

But you keep signing those petitions from wherever it is that you are currently situated on the High Moral Ground.
Old 11-30-12, 09:23

Will have to check what can be done for a cycling holiday to Guam now. They deserve cycling tourism support!