Levi: "There's more to be said..." - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-28-12, 08:49

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
of course they don't condone what I did, and I don't condone what I did.

But, it's great to have a healthy bank balance stealing from honest athletes isn't it Levi?

But I told the truth and I think they can appreciate that.

You should all appreciate the fact I had a nice, long career in Pro Cycling cheating honest and perhaps more talented guys out of a spot in the elite peloton and now I get to promote fun rides in Santa Rosa. Cool! right?!

But, let's skip over my bad deeds and sell UCI athlete PR line #1 at an elite event that had no testing, "the peloton is cleaner than ever"

It takes perjury charges for this guy to tell some truth. I wouldn't trust him to take my trash out to the curb.
Here, here. Keep telling it like it is.

I am more and more amazed at the seemingly total moral bankruptcy in professional sport, esp. cycling. It is disgusting.
Old 11-28-12, 11:11

why isn't his name taken off the list of winners of the ToC? and he might ride it again next year? such BS.
and how anybody can dope and have such a boring, non-attacking career is mind boggling, at least Lance, Floyd, and Tyler gave us some entertaining racing to watch, complete fail from the little rat gnome.
Old 11-28-12, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbleStoner View Post
why isn't his name taken off the list of winners of the ToC? and he might ride it again next year? such BS.
and how anybody can dope and have such a boring, non-attacking career is mind boggling, at least Lance, Floyd, and Tyler gave us some entertaining racing to watch, complete fail from the little rat gnome.
There is a bronze stature of Leipheimer somewhere. The man is a hero.
Old 11-28-12, 12:25

Quote:
Tour of Cali. California based rider. Easy.

And he is sort of harmless and adorable with that little bald head. In a disgusting sort of way.
Old 11-28-12, 19:44

Quote:
why isn't his name taken off the list of winners of the ToC?
The rules, as they are and the penalty he recieved may permit it. But, hey ask Thom Wiesel and find someone over at AEG willing to stick their neck out at all. Few, if any, names ever associated with the organizer of that event.

Quote:
Well, it is a team sport and every team needs athletes doing important supporting roles. He's a career-long cheater and doper, but lots of not-glorious, anonymous work needs doing in a bicycle race.

http://www.gofundme.com/a4mlho

https://twitter.com/FitnessLawyer

This is a good time for her to tell her story.
Old 11-30-12, 10:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
Well, it is a team sport and every team needs athletes doing important supporting roles. He's a career-long cheater and doper, but lots of not-glorious, anonymous work needs doing in a bicycle race.
if you have followed his career, he is not the best domestique by any account. he has always ridden like he was team leader, and he got paid more than domestiques that really do their job
Old 11-30-12, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Well said. At best Levi would have been a low level Euro Pro. With a full program he far outweighed his own potential and made good money from it for years.

He was never a GT podium rider. Ever. He should feel lucky and take the money and run!
I agree to a certain extent. I dislike Levi, and I've made that clear many times, but I can understand his frustration that he's hard working but just wasn't born with the required talent to be a GT contender. Maybe he felt justified in leveling a playing field made uneven by genetics.

Who knows. He's still a d-bag.
Old 11-30-12, 13:58

In a way I kind of feel bad for Levi. If he had been with Garmin, he would still have a job right now. If he had been with Saxo and was a Tour winner and younger, they would have re-hired him. If Levi was French and popular, he would have the opportunity to ride the Tour many more times and win many more polka dot jerseys.

Because he is none of these things, I guess he will have to sign with either OUCH or Rock Racing and then slowly fade away.
Old 11-30-12, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by babastooey View Post
In a way I kind of feel bad for Levi. If he had been with Garmin, he would still have a job right now. If he had been with Saxo and was a Tour winner and younger, they would have re-hired him. If Levi was French and popular, he would have the opportunity to ride the Tour many more times and win many more polka dot jerseys.

Because he is none of these things, I guess he will have to sign with either OUCH or Rock Racing and then slowly fade away.
yes, clearly poor little Leipheimer is struggling. Probably living out of a camper.
Old 11-30-12, 15:01

OT:
He was sanctioned in I believe 1996 and now 2012. Isn't that some record of sorts? Impressive doping career. Although he was clean after 2007, of course. Of course.