AD Survey on Dutch riders doping - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-28-12, 15:30

Default AD Survey on Dutch riders doping

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dutc...ping-questions

Leon van Bon (40,1994-present) "No. But who believes me? Good answers to this question do not exist.

Michael Boogerd (40, 1994-2007) "That's really a ridiculous question. I really have said a hundred times that I have used no drugs.

Boogerd must be the most talented rider ever! He won the 1999 Paris Nice in such a dominant manner that it put the sh*ts up the Postal train.

And the TVM team that left the tour with tales of all sorts of drugs being found in both team vehicles and the riders samples must have been keeping Leon van Bon out of all that.
Old 11-28-12, 15:52

Love this one from Bruinsma:
Quote:
a guy like Steven de Jongh now says that everyone deserves a second chance, well I don't know. **** off with your second chance. He drives a nice big car while I'm too old to climb on the bike. "
Old 11-28-12, 15:52

This is my favorite:

Alain van Katwijk (33, 2002-2007) "No. And I regret it afterwards. If you now hear everything that was in circulation, then you'll think: Gosh, there must have been something in that peanut butter sand
wich.
Old 11-28-12, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicDecoco View Post
This is my favorite:

Alain van Katwijk (33, 2002-2007) "No. And I regret it afterwards. If you now hear everything that was in circulation, then you'll think: Gosh, there must have been something in that peanut butter sand
wich.
van Katwijk once called me a ballerina when I almost crashed, put one foot down and managed to pirouette out of trouble without hitting the ground. He didn't do it in a nice way either.
Old 11-28-12, 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongol_Waaijer View Post
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dutc...ping-questions

Leon van Bon (40,1994-present) "No. But who believes me? Good answers to this question do not exist.”

Michael Boogerd (40, 1994-2007) "That's really a ridiculous question. I really have said a hundred times that I have used no drugs.”

Boogerd must be the most talented rider ever! He won the 1999 Paris Nice in such a dominant manner that it put the sh*ts up the Postal train.

And the TVM team that left the tour with tales of all sorts of drugs being found in both team vehicles and the riders samples must have been keeping Leon van Bon out of all that.
FWIW, Boogerd recently said he always noticed a huge difference between the level of the US Postals in spring, and in the Tour, where he couldn't keep up with them anymore.

Quote:
van Katwijk once called me a ballerina when I almost crashed, put one foot down and managed to pirouette out of trouble without hitting the ground. He didn't do it in a nice way either.
And so he's a doper?
Old 11-28-12, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
FWIW, Boogerd recently said he always noticed a huge difference between the level of the US Postals in spring, and in the Tour, where he couldn't keep up with them anymore.

And so he's a doper?
Of course not!

Boogerd's on air denial next to Mart Smeets looked decidedly insincere.

5th in the 1998 TdF without EPO??
Old 11-28-12, 16:05

Quote:
Of course not!

Boogerd's on air denial next to Mart Smeets looked decidedly insincere.

5th in the 1998 TdF without EPO??
Because more than half the riders didn't finish the race?
Old 11-28-12, 16:07

I imagine some of them might be telling the truth. Definitely not Boogerd, or Dekker for that matter.

But by far the worst response was Van der Poel's:
Quote:
I'm not going to take this nonsense. Journalism has cause more than enough damage to the sport, by digging into the past. I never read any positive stories about the present. Good afternoon.
Old 11-28-12, 16:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Because more than half the riders didn't finish the race?
How many of them would have finished ahead of Boogerd? Escartín and probably two of the Festina guys. Does that change anything?
Old 11-28-12, 16:08

Boogerd won Paris Nice because Rabobank eliminated almost everyone on one of the early stages.

Nothing suspicious about that. Just 7 riders in the top 10.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/resul...isnice992.html