Who will win 2013 GIRO? - Page 40 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win 2013 GIRO?
Nibali 90 32.03%
Rodriguez 29 10.32%
Hesjedal 16 5.69%
Basso 9 3.20%
Wiggins 106 37.72%
Scarponi 2 0.71%
Others 29 10.32%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-12, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
That's a good question, I'd like to hear more on this. On point 2, Purito wasn't really in the driver's seat, meaning that he wasn't the overwhelming favorite or his confidence wasn't sky high. Neither Hesjedal was expected to contest for the win, so I'm not sure if 'underestimate' is the right word there. And yes, Purito and KAT underestimated Contador on one stage. Lights out!
On more than one day...

Too much of a coward to take meaningful time from Contador when he had the chances.
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-28-12, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
That is Alberto
I know,Im a lucky man ...unfortunately I lack his legs and will(I have it,but not like him)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-29-12, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
Purito was already being called "in the form of his life" during the Giro. The pre-2012 Rodriguez was never going to do such a race at that level. Surely he had something more during the Vuelta, but only due to the fact that the race was taylor made for him. The 2012 AC would have dropped Purito in a Giro stage, imho. Just like Hesjedal did, to a minor extent. And sure as hell Hesjedal was never gonna beat Purito in that Vuelta. My point is just that we have no evidence that Purito got stronger in between the Giro and Vuelta. We do have hints he got stronger between 2011 and 2012, that's for sure, but nothing else.
who? They haven't been watching. He has raced just as well in the past, maybe worse tt'ing and less intelligence in the past. But in the mountains I don't agree at all.

Purito was stronger at vuelta imo. But yeah hesj would have had no hope there. Good race for purito no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
On more than one day...

Too much of a coward to take meaningful time from Contador when he had the chances.
lol coward.. excellent point keyboard hero.
Old 11-29-12, 08:07

Sanchez for the Giro.Beat them all Sammy!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sanc...espana-in-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-29-12, 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Cant believe it.
Old 11-29-12, 08:20

CN reprinted it, must be true.
Old 11-29-12, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Why not? Its getting too risky banking on a result in TdF this year. Giro + Vuelta is a good plan.
Old 11-29-12, 09:02

The last time he rode the Giro was in 2005. Would be interesting. This year we'll have Giro contenders that dont be scared if they have to attack. Nibali and Samuel. Also if Rujano is in top form... fortunately it seems that we wont have a "show" like this year. I only want more TT'ers. There's only Wiggins with GC aspirations. Would be nice if Talansky come to Italy. But i think its difficult because of Hesjedal decission. By the way i want to see Cam Meyer in Italy. He demonstrated in the Vuelta a España that he is improving in the mountain. He only needs endurance and a bit more of climbing skills.

Last edited by Jason_Mercier; 11-29-12 at 09:06.
Old 11-29-12, 09:13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy-loves-Rabo View Post
who? They haven't been watching.
was there anyone believing he was almost gonna win, before the start? I remember people were quite surprised to see him so consistent in the high mountains. Just an impression.
Quote:
Let's hope he doesn't crash before

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
Old 11-29-12, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
The last time he rode the Giro was in 2005. Would be interesting. This year we'll have Giro contenders that dont be scared if they have to attack. Nibali and Samuel. Also if Rujano is in top form... fortunately it seems that we wont have a "show" like this year. I only want more TT'ers. There's only Wiggins with GC aspirations. Would be nice if Talansky come to Italy. But i think its difficult because of Hesjedal decission. By the way i want to see Cam Meyer in Italy. He demonstrated in the Vuelta a Espaņa that he is improving in the mountain. He only needs endurance and a bit more of climbing skills.
More TT'ers:
Radioshack could send one of the pensioners, but its doubtful. BMC could split the Van Garderen - Evans force, but mountain support looks weak on the team, so don't think they can risk avoiding using both in France.