We'll see the best Andy Schleck one more time? - Page 2 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: When we will see the best Andy Schleck one more time?
We will see his best version in 2013. 35 27.34%
It will cost a lot for him. But in 2014 he will be fully recovered. 33 25.78%
Never. 60 46.88%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-12, 03:50

Well I'm hoping we have never yet seen the best Andy has to give. With a different mental attitude and a better work ethic he could put that natural talent on display in a way we haven't witnessed to date. But can he do that????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-29-12, 05:52

With age can come a building weight of cumulative frustrations that can perhaps affect his motivations for the positive. On other hand his bros + is probably a significant and sustained stressor so I'm voting not until 2014 or beyond will we see the best Andy.
Old 11-29-12, 06:59

Its over, like previously stated doesn't have the winner attitude, will win if everyone else gives up, not quite going to happen. Evin in the year of the belly full of anger, that's all he's got.
Old 11-29-12, 07:58

the answer is yes. and it will be this year too. enough to beat alberto and froomey? i doubt it.
Old 11-29-12, 07:59

I think he can do it,Alberto motivates him so much.He has to finish Down Under and races in February.
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-29-12, 08:07
Banned

Oh cowardly clowns voted for 'never'. I know their nicknames without specifying.
Old 11-29-12, 08:37

Andy Schleck will be back in business in 2013.

Reason: Contract uncertainty for 2014 and the fact Andy may have to carry ranking points for both brothers moving forward. Schleck is learning that being good in a professional sport is a window of opportunity which must be taken serious at all times, i.e. hes maturing in the head.

Franks positive helped with the process, allowing Andy to realize business can quickly come to a halt in this sport. I expect Andy to be competitive in LBL and TdF along with a few other races in 2013. Naive? Perhaps.
Old 11-29-12, 08:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Dont know why yall are making such a big deal of this. He had 1 tour spoiled by a crash. pfff. Happens to everyone.

Yet for Andy Schleck its made out like its the end of his career.

Vinos crash was 10 times worse and he was 10 years older and 12 months later hes olympic champion.
For once I must agree with you Hitch ... people who vote "never" crack me up. Vino, Wigans, Evans, Froome ... they all have had sh*t years and they all came back argueably even stronger than before. Andy has a lot of years left in his career, if it won't be next year than the year after.

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 11-29-12, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
A sabbatical year. The injury. The Frank's positive. Are those facts enough arguments for think that we'll never see the best Andy Schleck version anymore? We have some precedents. The
Basso and Contador returns. Both came back to the top. Not without strain. Is Andy Schleck prepared for a change of mentality? Is Andy Schleck strong enough for work hard
this winter in his recovery?
I'd love to see him back, but I voted "never" because I think he is mentally too fragile to come back from injury and lost racing/training time and brothers positive.
While having "won" the Tour and having enough money already.

I hope I'm wrong.
Old 11-29-12, 09:59
Administrator

unless he continues with his very bad luck, he will be up there next year, no doubt about it.

i am not even worried about lack of racing from this year, he is the kind of guy that gets dropped by rojas in suisse and is up there in the tour 2 weeks later so he will be in shape.