We'll see the best Andy Schleck one more time? - Page 5 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: When we will see the best Andy Schleck one more time?
We will see his best version in 2013. 35 27.34%
It will cost a lot for him. But in 2014 he will be fully recovered. 33 25.78%
Never. 60 46.88%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-12, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_flanders View Post
I used to like him, and was excited when he emerged in the Giro all those years ago. Never got a TT, never got his head on straight. Entitled whiner.

Could be (should be) back to his best this year. Should have been last year but wasn't. I'll vote for 2013, but his best isn't good enough.
I really liked him during 2007-2009 and he was decent in 2010

But in 2011, he lost time to great climbers like Rojas and completely stopped caring about anything but LBL and Tour.
In 2012 he wasn't even trying at all during season and we all know how his season ended (If you want to ride slowly during a cat 3 climb and willingly drop yourself from peloton, dont waste a spot in the team, just train at your home)

Edit: I just remembered that in 2011 he attacked at AGR, still my point stands

Last edited by burning; 11-29-12 at 16:27.
Old 11-29-12, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1 View Post
i see theres at least 18 contador fanboys in the thread saying NEVER and praying he never gets his best back because they know for a fact a fit and healthy andy schleck is a serious threat to the golden boy !!
For example Im his big fan of Alberto(read a signature below) but I voted for 2013.Since he crashed in June I want him to retutn to the best.He is very talented and he is great climber(he is near Alberto,maybe Froome),thats why I want him to return.to see great performances in mountains and drama in July.To say 18 people voted him cos they are Contador fan is bull**** since me,Hitch,Carols,Flo,Afrank etc.want him to comeback.

Quote:
you dont need to be a mathematical genius to know that a HUGE percentage of this whole forum thinks the sun shines out of contadors *** , so on that basis my estimate would not be far wrong sir .

andy comes from one of the smallest countries on earth so his fan base is never going to compete with any other rider , it seems to me this is a major reason of why he gets so much hatred on here because he is basically a boy from nowhere with huge natural talent that could possibly take a lot of glory away from the so called superstar .
Like Flo said,he has big fan basis outside of Lux...If he is better than Alberto next year he should win.He can take the glory,I dont mind if he will be the best.
To bolded: He is not 'so called',he is a superstar...If he isnt who is ?
Quote:
lol , you are a fine one to talk , i have never known a poster so biased as you , anyone would think you are contadors lovechild .
Ohhh man you are almost better than Airstream ...everyone is biased
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-29-12, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
For example Im his big fan of Alberto(read a signature below) but I voted for 2013.Since he crashed in June I want him to retutn to the best.He is very talented and he is great climber(he is near Alberto,maybe Froome),thats why I want him to return.to see great performances in mountains and drama in July.To say 18 people voted him cos they are Contador fan is bull**** since me,Hitch,Carols,Flo,Afrank etc.want him to comeback.
Afrank is not a Alberto fan
Old 11-29-12, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Im sure he is a secret fan of him
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-29-12, 17:28

Quote:
You seem to know every fan of Contador
Old 11-29-12, 17:45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1
you dont need to be a mathematical genius to know that a HUGE percentage of this whole forum thinks the sun shines out of contadors *** , so on that basis my estimate would not be far wrong sir .

andy comes from one of the smallest countries on earth so his fan base is never going to compete with any other rider , it seems to me this is a major reason of why he gets so much hatred on here because he is basically a boy from nowhere with huge natural talent that could possibly take a lot of glory away from the so called superstar .
Hold on, man. Year ago I registered here, upholding the same views. I started to discuss all GT stuff with Contador fans and I was instantly accused of trolling and all that jazz. Some of them really consider only their view point correct. But even among them there a lot of guys who are opened for a constructive discussion.
Old 11-29-12, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Im sure he is a secret fan of him
Yes of course
Old 11-29-12, 18:00

for Andy to show his best next year, he MUST do the following:

*He MUST WIN RACES-not just show up for them, but show off talent.
*He MUST keep his mouth shut & let his legs & results do the talking.
Old 11-29-12, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
I started to discuss all GT stuff with Contador fans and I was instantly accused of trolling and all that jazz. Some of them really consider only their view point correct. But even among them there a lot of guys who are opened for a constructive discussion.
You're not alone. It's a fact. If you said the slightest thing against Contador, you're immediately labeled as 'troll' and abused by his fans.
Old 11-29-12, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Hold on, man. Year ago I registered here, upholding the same views. I started to discuss all GT stuff with Contador fans and I was instantly accused of trolling and all that jazz. Some of them really consider only their view point correct. But even among them there a lot of guys who are opened for a constructive discussion.
Nice from you,I agree,maybe Im not one of them by Im trying to be.

Quote:
Yes of course
Can you give me a list of Alberto CN fans?

Maybe its better to post it to Albertos thread,its OT there
Excuse me for my English