Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 376 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-29-12, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
This is the Alberto family

Hitch
Angliru
Parrulo
Publicus
Red Rick
Carols
peloton

The Hitch:
“There is no such thing as Evans fans or Schleck fans or whatever.

In this day and age there are only 2 types of cycling fans.

Those who like Contador, and those who don't. “

The Hitch:
Gang. Pfff. Dont insult The Great One.

Contador isn't a gang.

Its a family “

And me of course and sacrifice&hardwork and you
AC is great and all, but he aint no Vino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 11-29-12, 20:05

Quote:

Hitch
Angliru
Parrulo
Publicus
Red Rick
Carols
peloton

The Hitch:

The Hitch:

Contador isn't a gang.

Its a family “

Thank you,especially for Hitch's quotes
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 11-29-12, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
Contador's "threat" was lame, though.

“My statements have not been at all, in any way, to pressure the Tour, what I said is that we will analyze all possibilities,” Contador said. “We are waiting to find out if we will be in the WorldTour… if not, we need invitations. I’d like to be back in the Tour, because last year I couldn’t race and the year before I wasn’t at the level I would have liked.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...s-start_266721

Make of that what you will
Old 11-29-12, 21:04

Quote:
Contador, who turns 30 on December 6, also hinted about his future.

“It’s painful to turn 30,” he joked. “Now I have a three-year contract and I will finish it. I will not over-extend my career. Now I look back and I think it’s amazing how I’ve aged over these years. This is a hard sport, but physically, I feel fine. I am still motivated, I recover well, and I am stronger and more experienced than ever. All this keeps me motivated.”
Is he saying he will retire when his contract is finished ; __ ;
Old 11-29-12, 21:59

Quote:
Not at all. Never take Contador too serious in a interview btw

He still has 6 good years left. Look at Evans.

And Contador didn't race for a year and in '09/'10/'11 he always stopped racing after the tour. That's going to pay off eventually.

Right now he should be in his prime for like 3 years orso (clinic aside)

These are his best years, we better enjoy it
Old 11-29-12, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
Okay, then what's with next year's climbers' course? If ASO wanted Sky to win you'd think they would have added a long flat ITT.
Im not claiming there is some grand conspiracy for Sky to win the Tour (which is ironically what some idiots ive seen on newspaper sections in the uk have been saying about the giro saying RCS went all out to attract wiggins so that wiggins could bring the giro to a new level).

Afterall we all thought ASO was the Andy schleck organization until 2012.

Im just responding to the idea that ASO want Contador for profit with the counterpoint that i think they would find more profit in a froome win.

However it was great to see in the Tour presentation they had that "what does the Tour mean to you video" and about 1 minute in after Evans Pinot Cav Gilbert etc, and i thought- well they dont love Contador anymore, and suddenly 2 minutes in, out pops Contador bang bang.

Shows that the ASO might do like Contador afterall. Possibly the best moment of the 2012 season for me that.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-29-12, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Not at all. Never take Contador too serious in a interview btw

He still has 6 good years left. Look at Evans.

And Contador didn't race for a year and in '09/'10/'11 he always stopped racing after the tour. That's going to pay off eventually.

Right now he should be in his prime for like 3 years orso (clinic aside)

These are his best years, we better enjoy it
He's not gonna quit while he can still make suicidal 90km attacks for fun
Old 11-30-12, 05:43

Quote:

Hitch
Angliru
Parrulo
Publicus
Red Rick
Carols
peloton

The Hitch:

The Hitch:

Contador isn't a gang.

Its a family “

I feel special and honor to be part of the Alberto family *tear* thanks LaFlorecita!
And agree with ILovecycling => thanks for The Hitch's quotes and thanks to The Hitch for them

Quote:
Here's a short video of him talking about his "possible" retirement, it will be a pity (and a tragedy for some fans) if he decides to retire that 'early' *sad tear*. But like Miburo said, we probably shouldn't look too much into it, especially since it won't happen for an approximate three years, so we shall enjoy it now that we can...

http://videos.mundodeportivo.com/201...356799584.html
Old 11-30-12, 06:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolophonic View Post
Yes just to add on to the line of people who think ASO has got it all wrong..
Greatest GT rider not getting an invite to the 100th Tour.. mistake.

It has not happened yet and this is probably just part of the Hype machine warming up.. ( i hope)
1. The ASO is absolutely right. Actually they are even not strict enough. They should just say "whether we invite Saxo or not, AC will not start at our race". They run a huge risk that the 100th edition will turn out like the 2010 edition in case AC manages to arrive in Paris first (ain a way like he did in the past).

2. The races in 2011 (irony intended) and 2012 were great without him as well (except for his nice third (or fourth?) place in Alp d'Huez 2011 maybe...).

3. Most importantly: The Tour does not need Contador. Contador needs the Tour. 90% of cycling followers (not fans) focus on the Tour. Sponsors know that as well... I do not say that those followers are right (I prefer the Vuelta over the Tour personally), but that's the way it is.

4. At the end of the day, of course, Saxo will get an invitation and AC will ride the Tour. It s*cks, but what could you do...
Old 11-30-12, 06:35
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiAp1984 View Post
1. The ASO is absolutely right. Actually they are even not strict enough. They should just say "whether we invite Saxo or not, AC will not start at our race". They run a huge risk that the 100th edition will turn out like the 2010 edition in case AC manages to arrive in Paris first (ain a way like he did in the past).

2. The races in 2011 (irony intended) and 2012 were great without him as well (except for his nice third (or fourth?) place in Alp d'Huez 2011 maybe...).

3. Most importantly: The Tour does not need Contador. Contador needs the Tour. 90% of cycling followers (not fans) focus on the Tour. Sponsors know that as well... I do not say that those followers are right (I prefer the Vuelta over the Tour personally), but that's the way it is.

4. At the end of the day, of course, Saxo will get an invitation and AC will ride the Tour. It s*cks, but what could you do...
1. If they give Saxo a wildcard there is nothing really they can do to prevent Contador from racing the Tour, they only way they can prevent Contador from competing is to not give them a wildcard. And if Saxo gets into the WT there is nothing at all they can do to prevent him from riding. And this is the road racing section, leave the clinic references in the clinic.

2. In 2011 Contador was the one who made the Giro a good race, and even fatigued from the Giro he still played a big roll in making the Tour a good race. Alpe du Huez wasn't the only place he attacked . As for 2012 he was the one who made the Vuelta good, without him it would have just been Purito and Valverde waiting until the final couple hundred meters and then sprinting. And do you really believe the tour was good without Contador? It was the most boring tour we have seen in a long time, because there was no one that could attack Sky.

3. Contador doesn't need the Tour, see 2008. He goes to the tour partly because it is regarded as the most prestigious GT to win. And ASO knows that the tour is much better when there is a attacking rider like Contador there to animate the race (and if they don't know that, then they are stupider than I thought).

4. And I will cheer when they make the right decision and give Saxo the invite they deserve . It would be a real shame for the 100th Tour to be missing the guy that has animating it the last 4 out of 6 years.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"