We'll see the best Andy Schleck one more time? - Page 6 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: When we will see the best Andy Schleck one more time?
We will see his best version in 2013. 35 27.34%
It will cost a lot for him. But in 2014 he will be fully recovered. 33 25.78%
Never. 60 46.88%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-12, 19:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Hold on, man. Year ago I registered here, upholding the same views. I started to discuss all GT stuff with Contador fans and I was instantly accused of trolling and all that jazz. Some of them really consider only their view point correct. But even among them there a lot of guys who are opened for a constructive discussion.
Well I can say that I've never used the words "troll" or "fanboy" to describe you or your posts but you conveniently neglect to mention your acid laced hatred of Contador and the depths to which you will go to express that disdain, such that it ultimately resulted in you getting a ban for consistently ignoring the forum rules. If you're going to give a history you need to give all sides not just the one that makes you appear to be the helpless victim.
Old 11-30-12, 01:07
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Im sure he is a secret fan of him
Uh Oh, I've been found out! ......

I'm a fan and cheer for him sometimes (like at the Vuelta this year, I was hoping he would win), and sometimes there are other riders who I would rather see win so I don't cheer for him (like Tour 2010).

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 11-30-12, 07:38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Well I can say that I've never used the words "troll" or "fanboy" to describe you or your posts but you conveniently neglect to mention your acid laced hatred of Contador and the depths to which you will go to express that disdain, such that it ultimately resulted in you getting a ban for consistently ignoring the forum rules. If you're going to give a history you need to give all sides not just the one that makes you appear to be the helpless victim.
I appreciate your willingness to be objective despite rooting for Contador.

Victim? No thanks. I'm able to protect of the forum myself. Victims are those who start babbling 'aaah, i don't like it so it's trolling, ban them!'

As for Contador, I stand by my opinion. The man will pay for his sins entirely in the near future.

Last edited by airstream; 11-30-12 at 07:52.
Old 11-30-12, 09:57

I logged my poll entry 1st....but I've been laughing so hard since I forgot to post.... Andy is six feet of wasted talent, he has no backbone or gumption to speak of. His PR engine should stop touting him as a GT great he is plainly not! Best.....there isn't a best

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 11-30-12, 10:53

'nuff said

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 11-30-12, 11:02
Administrator

i call BS on that picture!!!!! no way andy schlecks arms have enough muscle in them to chop some wood!!!! must be photoshop
Old 11-30-12, 11:08
Banned

Excellent. The same portion awaits each of logs at the Tour.
Old 11-30-12, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1 View Post
you dont need to be a mathematical genius to know that a HUGE percentage of this whole forum thinks the sun shines out of contadors *** , so on that basis my estimate would not be far wrong sir .
Yeah, but you also don't have to be a mathematical genius to figure out that if a huge percentage of the whole thinks one thing, then by definition a huge percentage of anyone voting anything, in any given poll still thinks that thing - however they vote.

So, while you're almost certainly right that a huge percentage of those voting never are Contador fanboys, equally a huge percentage of those voting 2013 or 2014 are also probably Contador fanboys.

Me? Voted 2014, and also a Alberto fanboy (in that Contador is my favourite rider to watch, as he's, ermmm, obviously the best).
Old 11-30-12, 12:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
You could also argue that all of those riders are mentally tougher than Schleck and more motivated. I hope he does come back to his best but I won't believe it until I see some glimpses of what he can do and has done in the past. All cycling fans would love to see Froome, Schleck, Contador and others going head to head in the Tour next year. We witnessed a great battle in the Vuelta and the Tour could be just as hard fought.
This is the truest statement here. While Andy has so much talent, there are others that have done far more with less. As soon as he showed a glimpse of what he can do he appears to have turned into a prima donna and has been pampered. Now, having to come back from injuries he faces a task that he has never had to overcome. Does he have the mental toughness to do it? We'll see. But we know that Alberto has, Vino, Cadel and others have returned to the top after facing much adversity.
I am one of Andy's critics and voted he will never come back to consistent elite performances. I hope I am wrong because with him as a legit challenger things will be much more interesting. He's gotta man up.

And besides, Froome has repalced Andy as object of my scorn. Hahah. At least I am truthful
Old 11-30-12, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post

'nuff said
Oh my god look how tough he is