Moderators - Page 288 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 11-30-12, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Generally speaking, current situation on the forum sometimes doesn't hold water. I even don't say about Florecita who is not a fan for me at all. Just spoiled child who decided to settle on the internet. But when one calls other troll just because of the fact one disagrees with other, it is just outrageous. To me, first of all, fan of the sport, it is a very sad that the best GT rider became an object of blind fanatism which shields any logic. It is funny to absurdity to read how one's fans are happy because of Armstrong's ban and feel sheer indignation after meteoric rise of team Sky. Contador was allegedly entitle to reach Olympus, but Sky boys are not entitled to throw him out of there because... Sky use illegal methods, whereas all of them always used appoximately the same. And this situation gave birth to one more type of fans who simply think 'anyone but Sky'. With such an aperitif, any drivel like 'the 2012 Tour was a joke due to absence of real climbers' [at the same marginal significance of the 2011 Giro is underlined and here and there because that race allegedly wasn't a joke]. Double standarts everywhere, even when they try to gain philosophical and ideological shell by means of some posters.
You dont like the cycling opinions of some posters on the Road cycling section.

Ok, so what does this have to do with the moderators?

I will however highlight 1 rule i think you have broken in your post.

." Blatant lying, baiting, or teasing other members will not be tolerated."
Quote:
I even don't say about Florecita who is not a fan for me at all. Just spoiled child who decided to settle on the internet
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 11-30-12, 16:41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post

I just offer to ban for slander and baseless accusations of trolling.
Old 11-30-12, 18:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post

Flipping hell Airstream wtf dude just stop it
Old 11-30-12, 19:46

Agh, classic off season bickering, just surprised Hitch is involved, what up there? Maybe time to lock down the racing forum section till the first race begins.
Old 11-30-12, 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post
I think someone said it was dirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
Ah, well pretty sure he has hairy palms anyway.
There is so many things going on in that picture not to mention the feet.

The beer is enclosed in a redneck device known as a Kozzie or hugger. He has a "Party Food" cook book out like WTF ....HE IS NEVER going to THROW a party!
LMAO Then there is what looks like a scented candle next to the feet.
He has ONE stocking hanging up. Now that could be just for his daughter but what about the other members of the family??? do they not get a Christmas stocking??
From the looks of his cable box he is running Time Warner. OMG No fiber optics man???

Well he is not here to defend but it would be nice to know,,,,, what about the picture that got him banninated. Maybe it was his comments directed at someone else?

Last edited by Glenn_Wilson; 11-30-12 at 21:16.
Old 11-30-12, 23:24
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
There is so many things going on in that picture not to mention the feet.

The beer is enclosed in a redneck device known as a Kozzie or hugger. He has a "Party Food" cook book out like WTF ....HE IS NEVER going to THROW a party!
LMAO Then there is what looks like a scented candle next to the feet.
He has ONE stocking hanging up. Now that could be just for his daughter but what about the other members of the family??? do they not get a Christmas stocking??
From the looks of his cable box he is running Time Warner. OMG No fiber optics man???

Well he is not here to defend but it would be nice to know,,,,, what about the picture that got him banninated. Maybe it was his comments directed at someone else?
The tartan pyjamas alone would have gotten him banninated if I got there first

Last edited by ferryman; 11-30-12 at 23:27. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-12, 23:45

given the amount of off-topic garbage, let me say clearly what in my opinion belongs in the thread and what many content-contributing posters would like to say,

thank you ferminal for banning the troll with the banning history only second to bpc.

i have only one, well perhaps, 2 questions...

1. why, given his multi-ban, 'last warning' history (over the entire existence of the forum) it is only one week ?

2. why this thread about moderators and their actions (which was previously rigorously cleaned and enforced ) why was it allowed to become the place of the removed/moderated images for which the troll was banned ? what has 'the look' image got to do with the tread other than an attempt at more trolling ? why the obvious and apparent trolling about the banned member feet, how much hair he he has etc, his habits whatever other garbage is allowed in the thread about the moderators ?

i anticipate claims of humour and such and we have seen the characters going in couples, yet there are plenty of other threads for joking and fun.

once again, thanks ferminal and the moderating crew for banning the troll.
Old 12-01-12, 00:05
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
given the amount of off-topic garbage, let me say clearly what in my opinion belongs in the thread and what many content-contributing posters would like to say,

thank you ferminal for banning the troll with the banning history only second to bpc.

1. why, given his multi-ban, 'last warning' history (over the entire existence of the forum) it is only one week ?

2. why this thread about moderators and their actions (which was previously rigorously cleaned and enforced ) why was it allowed to become the place of the removed/moderated images for which the troll was banned ? what has 'the look' image got to do with the tread other than an attempt at more trolling ? why the obvious and apparent trolling about the banned member feet, how much hair he he has etc, his habits whatever other garbage is allowed in the thread about the moderators ?

i anticipate claims of humour and such and we have seen the characters going in couples, yet there are plenty of other threads for joking and fun.

I'm finding my feet here and didn't realise the history before my flippant post. I'm sure Ferminal or other mods will keep me right if my light touch approach does not work.
Old 12-01-12, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
I'm finding my feet.
as i said above, i could not care less about anyone's feet in the tread about moderators. your feet included.
Old 12-01-12, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post

You wouldn't know humor if it bit you in the a$$. Why, of all the petty arguments in this thread do you go after the one you did, I wonder? Bad history maybe? I was not around for it but Chris must have really lit you up on some forum for you to have this much stored up animosity.
Really, do you have to weigh in with your $.02 every single time ChrisE farts around here, it just gets old and predictable after awhile. Isn't it enough that poor Chris has nothing left to defend? He has got to be damn near suicidal by now, do you want to be the one to put him over the edge?
Let's instead concentrate on the Hitch/Slipstream/LaFlo interaction and see if it blows up into something really interesting.
ChrisE is a breath of fresh a$$ around here and I for one look forward to his next addle-brained post with near breathless anticipation.

Proud member of the Clinic 1200