2013 Predictions. - Page 11 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-30-12, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
I wouldn’t say it was his best; all he really did was suck wheel on Cancellara and refuse to take a turn on the front. Sure he had a teammate up the road so there was no reason for him to contribute to the chase, but by not contributing he effectively eliminated his chances of winning the only race he cares about. His tactics were good, and he didn't have any problems, but IMHO he raced a cowardly race in 2011. As for Cav, MSR was still one of his goals. And we can still contribute not winning the Olympics and not getting green to the curse (I would add losing the points jersey to Purito at the Giro as well).
So like I said, we can still see signs of the curse, but not as much as we have seen in the past.

I'm counting on Phil to win the game for me .
Welcome to Hushovd....
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 11-30-12, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidolix View Post
Cobo...looool
the doping era is hopefully over...
it's rather stupid to say cobo and doping in one sentence. it's best not to speak about that ever again, unless in the clinic cobo has never even been suspected of doping and after 2008 tour, where ricco and piepoli were caught he even fell into a depresseion because of that. the man is mentally unstable but phsyically triple a talent