Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 183 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-30-12, 17:34

Wiggo finally saying wht he really thought. Unlike what he said in the documentry: A Year in Yellow.

Wiggins felt betrayed by Froome in the Tour

Back at the hotel, Wiggins is angry, feels betrayed. "Tonight, I wanted to go home. I thought, 'Hell, I do not like spending two weeks without knowing what will happen?'" He even speaks with Sean Yates and Shane Sutton, his mentor: "This is the end, I'm going". "From that time until the end of the Tour, I did not know what to expect from Chris."

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/not...a.asp?id=57563 [Spanish]
Old 11-30-12, 17:47

froomey is one crazy dude, next year will be fun no doubt
Old 11-30-12, 17:54
Administrator

read: "he was stronger then me and i was scared he could drop me and ride into the sunset taking my yellow jersey along, bawwww"
Old 11-30-12, 19:27

And it's amusing that Wiggins 2012 wanted to leave the team, while Contador 2009 wanted to stay.

In the documentary.
Reporter: You guys are like Batman and Robin.
Wiggins: I'm Batman.

It's hard for me to be a fan of this dude.
Old 11-30-12, 21:13

Lol, Wiggo has put on so much weight right now that he just can't possibly be in form in time for anything of importance anyway. We've all seen the pictures, what a difference. He should've just left the Tour the moment Froome dropped him if that's really his way of thinking lol.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 11-30-12, 21:26
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Wiggo finally saying wht he really thought. Unlike what he said in the documentry: A Year in Yellow.

Wiggins felt betrayed by Froome in the Tour

Back at the hotel, Wiggins is angry, feels betrayed. "Tonight, I wanted to go home. I thought, 'Hell, I do not like spending two weeks without knowing what will happen?'" He even speaks with Sean Yates and Shane Sutton, his mentor: "This is the end, I'm going". "From that time until the end of the Tour, I did not know what to expect from Chris."

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/not...a.asp?id=57563 [Spanish]
Wait...what? Isn't Wiggo a cyclist? And competes in the sport of cycling? As in, the sport where you never know what could happen next.

First he complains about people questioning his performance and the pressure that comes with leading the Tour, and now he's complaining about not knowing what is going to happen next in the race . If anyone else thought this people would say they weren't a real cyclist.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 11-30-12, 23:47
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by del1962 View Post
Not sure it is his Scottish origin, people have no problem with Chris Hoy, more his surly attitude.

The only thing about the scottish thing is perhaps comments that he made in the past about England Football team, which some English (though not me) took an exception to me, (if I was scottish I wouldn't want England to win, I would say I don't want Scotland to win, abut as they never do anyway it does not bother me ).

Not true We recently put the mighty Luxembourg to the sword 2-1 so GITRUPY Schleckies Rumour is, a Monaco XI captained by Vino fancy their chances next

Wiggins is a shoe in by the way in a remarkable year for genuine contenders for a change.
Old 12-01-12, 04:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Thanks for the link. A brilliant doco. Very well done.
Old 12-03-12, 09:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
read: "he was stronger then me and i was scared he could drop me and ride into the sunset taking my yellow jersey along, bawwww"
Exactly.
Was he in yellow then?
Old 12-03-12, 10:51

"Tour leader upset after being attacked by team-mate shock"

I can't believe a leader has ever reacted like that in any of the previous 98 editions