Giro del Lazio returns - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 11-30-12, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post

from Streetview
Significant potential.
Old 11-30-12, 20:09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Classics View Post
Time to break out the CX and Mountain bikes .

Quote:
There are a few sections of the road that look like that, but most of it is in nice little cobbles very similar to the PR ones (but probably in better conditions). They could very well take other roads to avoid those bad sectors. Or just leave them as they are and have fun
Depending how they'll design this it could be VERY challenging. The cobbles sector would be various kms long, and the Via Appia ends in Rome itself, so the finishing line wouldn't be far. I'd say 5 kms at most. I'm bumping this thread because I think this will be the race to be held on the Friday before MSR, as RCS hinted.
What! Where's the fun in that! I propose we start petitioning them to find the worst road with the biggest cobbles and put them in the route. Maybe even create some cobble roads with some really big cobbles and make the course a loop. 200 km of riding over cobbles the size of the ones in the picture. Or maybe even bigger...hmm
And of course they would have to put a few climbs in. Imagine going over cobbles that size up hill!

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 11-30-12, 20:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Time to break out the CX and Mountain bikes .

What! Where's the fun in that! I propose we start petitioning them to find the worst road with the biggest cobbles and put them in the route. Maybe even create some cobble roads with some really big cobbles and make the course a loop. 200 km of riding over cobbles the size of the ones in the picture. Or maybe even bigger...hmm
And of course they would have to put a few climbs in. Imagine going over cobbles that size up hill!
15 teams of 5 each. Lets go.
Old 11-30-12, 20:28

Quote:
I'm bumping this thread because I think this will be the race to be held on the Friday before MSR, as RCS hinted.
I think they will put this on the Saturday before Strade Bianche (already moved to a Sunday) and then move Tirreno-Adriatico back a day so it ends on a Wednesday - it also means T-A has one less day head-to-head with Paris-Nice.