Sky - Page 922 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-01-12, 14:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRanton View Post
Rogers was out of contract and has (apparently) signed too late with Saxo to contribute any points for 2013 (his 2012 points, which are significant, will count for the 2014 season though). If he'd signed before the October deadline then Saxo would be in the top 15 of the UCI's sporting value ranking and wouldn't have to worry about not getting a WT license.

There's an interview with Rogers from about a month ago where he states that he'll probably ride the Giro with Wiggins next year. He was also at Sky's end of season dinner last month (unlike any of the other riders who've left). It wouldn't surprise me if Rogers had already signed a renewal with Sky, or at least agreed to one in principal, only for it to be annulled after Sky's internal 'investigation' decided it was best to ship him out.
Need to protect what's in Rogers head.

I'd say they offered him to Saxo as "points bait head on a stick" to offload their toxic asset.

Wouldn't surprise me, like in football, if Sky will be paying Rogers first year salary at Saxo.

Mr. 450w+ for 4 hours is no more.

Is this the end of UK Postal as we know it?
Old 12-01-12, 14:22

I think Rogers' departure will really hurt Sky's Grand Tour ambitions. He was calling all of the shots on the mountain stages of the Tour and Brailsford has spoken about him being a key leader on the team. No wonder they were so desperate to hold onto Bernie Eisel because he's really the only one left on the roster now who has loads of experience and has a great racing brain.
Old 12-01-12, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Need to protect what's in Rogers head.

I'd say they offered him to Saxo as "points bait head on a stick" to offload their toxic asset.

Wouldn't surprise me, like in football, if Sky will be paying Rogers first year salary at Saxo.

Mr. 450w+ for 4 hours is no more.

Is this the end of UK Postal as we know it?
Possibly. Yates and Rogers is a huge part of it gone.
Old 12-01-12, 14:34

Quote:
Ces't la vie - Is there anyone else on their books (with an obvious doping link) that needs to go? Did i see in another thread that there was some sort of Shane Sutton cover up? Didn't quite get it seemed to be something to do with the reporting of Yates retirement originally reported as being doping linked
Old 12-01-12, 14:37

Quote:
I sense that Brailsford lost control of what was going on in Sky. Yates, Rogers, Sutton went old school Dances with Wolves on Brailsford. After the Armstrong "affair" Brailsford got spooked and wanted to weed out the toxins.

Alas they won the Tour, got the prize, but I don't think we'll see a year like 2012 again. That will be a one off, consigned to the history books filed in a chapter named "suspicious/dubious".

Last edited by thehog; 12-01-12 at 14:44.
Old 12-01-12, 14:43

Quote:
That will be a one off, consigned to the history books filed in a chapter named "suspicious/dubious".
Has the book just got one chapter
Old 12-01-12, 14:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom375 View Post
Ces't la vie - Is there anyone else on their books (with an obvious doping link) that needs to go? Did i see in another thread that there was some sort of Shane Sutton cover up? Didn't quite get it seemed to be something to do with the reporting of Yates retirement originally reported as being doping linked
There is stuff out there about Sutton, although in PR terms his departure would be 50 times worse then either Yates or Rogers. Not only has he been Wiggins' coach for the last two years, but he's the head coach of the GB olympic programme and Brailsford's right hand man.
Old 12-01-12, 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom375 View Post
Has the book just got one chapter
History will be unkind to Sky. In 2013 when they fall off their bikes and struggle to keep up on mountain stages all will become apprent.

Froome without his white lunchbox will be back to zigzagging up climbs and losing 4 minutes in TTs.

Such is life.

We should thank Richie Porte for blowing the lid on Rogers/Yates.
Old 12-01-12, 14:51

Quote:
I sense that Brailsford lost control of what was going on in Sky. Yates, Rogers, Sutton went old school Dances with Wolves on Brailsford. After the Armstrong "affair" Brailsford got spooked and wanted to weed out the toxins.

Alas they won the Tour, got the prize, but I don't think we'll see a year like 2012 again. That will be a one off, consigned to the history books filed in a chapter named "suspicious/dubious".
Yeah, I don't think we'll see a 2012, 15,000 CQ points again. That was one for the ages. There is still a highly motivated and ambitious young gentleman called Christopher Froome on the loose though.
Old 12-01-12, 14:56

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think we'll see a 2012, 15,000 CQ points again. That was one for the ages. There is still a highly motivated and ambitious young gentleman called Christopher Froome on the loose though.
Correct. Froome might go off piste and seek his own program. Could be dangerous for Sky. Without UCI protection in place Froome-dawg might compromise the operation.

I'd put monitoring in on Froome. Give him half a white lunchbox. Not the full consignment. He can't help himself.

Masterstroke from Wiggins to avoid the Tour. Wouldn't want to get mixed up in the Froome/Contador track stand/attack games up d'Huez.

Rassmussen is going to sue Froome for trademark violations!