Moderators - Page 292 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 12-01-12, 23:38

Here in Colorado that is called buffalo pee.

Anyway, I think most of y'all have humour....it is a ways until the spring classics.....tread lightly.

I like python

You give him too much grief
We all have opinions...python has a scientific mind and I get it.

Cheers

btw ChrisE where the h are your tartan slippers to match the jam bottoms
Old 12-01-12, 23:51
Administrator

Hi,

Nothing sinister but decided to delete a few posts that have taken the direction of this thread away from what it should be.

Please respect the decision and find another thread to give me abuse on if you don't. I'm sure I've just praised Andy again on the racing forum if that helps
Old 12-04-12, 16:17
Banned

Default Mods

This thread was closed as it was deemed a "witchunt" - not heard that term in respect of moderation of a forum or characterisation of a thread before: I PMd. did not get a response.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=19441

Not seeking to contest it , just understand it:
Anyone care to explain?

It seemed to me to be a fair target to discuss a statement made in open press either for or against it.

Last edited by mountainrman; 12-04-12 at 16:20.
Old 12-04-12, 22:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrman View Post
This thread was closed as it was deemed a "witchunt" - not heard that term in respect of moderation of a forum or characterisation of a thread before: I PMd. did not get a response.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=19441

Not seeking to contest it , just understand it:
Anyone care to explain?

It seemed to me to be a fair target to discuss a statement made in open press either for or against it.
Some things are self-evident.
Old 12-04-12, 22:23

Default Why can't people see it is the same pattern

Now that Lance is gone, the trolls, and ETC are now going after the new kid on the block. Expect more of the same behavior that you saw in the LA threads in the AC threads or Wiggins or Froome, et. al. All they are trying to do is get a reaction out of you. They could care else about anything then you reacting to them. IGNORE, IGNORE and IGNORE. Sorry for spamming the mod thread but it seemed to the place for this discussion based on previous posts.

I am still not certain we are not dealing with the same people who just want to flame the conversations between people who are interested in cycling.
Old 12-04-12, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by L29205 View Post
Now that Lance is gone, the trolls, and ETC are now going after the new kid on the block. Expect more of the same behavior that you saw in the LA threads in the AC threads or Wiggins or Froome, et. al. All they are trying to do is get a reaction out of you. They could care else about anything then you reacting to them. IGNORE, IGNORE and IGNORE. Sorry for spamming the mod thread but it seemed to the place for this discussion based on previous posts.

I am still not certain we are not dealing with the same people who just want to flame the conversations between people who are interested in cycling.
Be careful. The mods have decided they don't want anyone pointing out the obvious.
Old 12-05-12, 00:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Be careful. The mods have decided they don't want anyone pointing out the obvious.
that...

or the obvious has been banned from the instant mod action list (according to the currently posted but clearly not enforced rules, nonetheless) b/c the obvious flamers bring a lot of clicks...

why would bpc (a troll who deserves my respect for never pretending to be anything but a defender of the armstrong myth - thus i never bother chasing him)... why should he expect a different mod treatment from the less honest but equally obnoxious and deluded defenders of the myth like chris e (only second to bpc in the number of bans) and his proxies (see the very up-thread) ?

i guess bpc is a true fanboy, as much as it is a delusion.

i reckon, the others, the same myth-adherents, but those who try to conceal their true feelings by derailing threads about their icon or the critics of their icons...

Last edited by red_flanders; 12-06-12 at 12:00.
Old 12-05-12, 02:39

If you think we are tailoring moderation to click rates you are wrong. You all seem to think we have more time than we do.
Old 12-05-12, 10:20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_flanders View Post
If you think we are tailoring moderation to click rates you are wrong. You all seem to think we have more time than we do.
I would very much appreciate an answer to the question I aked a couple of posts ago about "witchunt" resulting in thread closure: I still have no idea what it meant.

In between the usual suspects began derailing this thread, so it seems to have got lost in the process.
Are david walsh's comments in media off limits - My thread was commenting on a quote from that. Or was it the subsequent off topic replies that got that thread closed?

Would really love an answer!
Old 12-05-12, 14:56

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...&postcount=636

Seriously?

I'm surprised I didn't get a warning and by the way aren't there worse posts to moderate? I see lots of them.