Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013 - Page 345 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-12, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
that is why I said almost.
Honestly if Rogers was the captain for Sky this year he would probably done a top 10 in the tour. You cant say that Kreuziger would have done anything better, and I like Kreuziger (not as a captain for my Astana, but still)
Rogers was one of the key domestiques in this year tour and dauphine, and he would have been the same for 2013. but i think Sky gladly let him go, instead of asking him to sign the doping statement etc etc
Old 12-01-12, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
Do you really believe that the numbers Rogers was producing in Dauphine whilst not being able to drop the likes of Weening, were better than those he produced when he became world champion in the age of doping? Just because he said his watt output was "higher than ever", that doesn't mean it's true.

Of course he couldn't say: "Nah actually, my FTP was 100 watts higher when I was 23!"
Weening was the only odd one out (or odd one in, if you like). And Weening used to be the next Dutch Tour winner

He did drop the likes of Nibali, to name just one. Or in fact I think Porte did. And who knows, maybe Rogers really was stronger than ever. The clinic years are still in his legs, of course.
Old 12-01-12, 14:49

is it already official, the mick's move?
i expected bjarne to save garzelli or di luca to be honest so i'm kind of disappointed.it makes sense though. they have kiry now
kiry will be strong as 20 micks, ekis and hincapies.
Old 12-01-12, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
why not?
very strong tter at his best, can climb almost at the level of Kreuziger and probably just as good or better than Roche
It has nothing to do with his "level". I just think that a team like Saxo need as much positive (not in a bad way though ) media attention as possible, especially when this transfer won't have any effect on the WT card decision (except maybe in the ethical department).

As stated before, I really like Mick, and his riding style is very elegant (was so sad when he crashed in the tour while on his way to take the yellow jersey back in the T-Mobile days), but considering the doping allegations surrounding Saxo/Riis I'd say a rider with less clinic material than Rogers would be better.

On the other hand one could argue that with Contador on board there's no real need to play the "clean team" card anymore.

But let's wait and see if it IS Michael Rogers after all....
Old 12-01-12, 20:51

I am happy in a sense that Rogers has moved, now i will not have to dislike him and Sky's train. In fact i liked all of Sky's big 4 this calendar year but i hated their tactics and how Wiggins basically won just on that.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 12-01-12, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
is it already official, the mick's move?
i expected bjarne to save garzelli or di luca to be honest so i'm kind of disappointed.it makes sense though. they have kiry now
kiry will be strong as 20 micks, ekis and hincapies.
Apparently it wont be made official untill after the last WT spots have been distributed
Old 12-02-12, 11:42

Piero Baffi (son of DS Adriano) joins LEOPARD TREK CT after having been a stagiaire with them last season

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-tran...rek-29120.html

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 12-02-12, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
Do you really believe that the numbers Rogers was producing in Dauphine whilst not being able to drop the likes of Weening, were better than those he produced when he became world champion in the age of doping? Just because he said his watt output was "higher than ever", that doesn't mean it's true.

Of course he couldn't say: "Nah actually, my FTP was 100 watts higher when I was 23!"
Let's trust an assumption by someone on the internet, instead of what the rider says. Why would Rogers lie? If his watt output didn't increase he wouldn't say a thing. Well, at least that would make more sense.
Old 12-02-12, 22:16

Nikolay Trusov will ride for De Rijke - Shanks in 2013 https://twitter.com/ProCyclingStats/...28026810290176
Old 12-03-12, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by afpm90 View Post
Let's trust an assumption by someone on the internet, instead of what the rider says. Why would Rogers lie? If his watt output didn't increase he wouldn't say a thing. Well, at least that would make more sense.
so his watt output increased. who cares about that? eltink had his watt put increase and he only started to suck more and more. it means nothing if you don't take in all other elements(that we don't know).
Closed Thread