Review on doping within Cycling Australia - Page 8 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 11-29-12, 06:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
Why would you assume any different? Do you go to a gym? Do you live in any major city in Australia? If gym members are running off to their mates who make a grand a week selling clenbuterol on the side that they get from a veterinarian, then what do you think professional athletes are doing?

There is a big difference between aesthetics and performance enhancing goals. Around the time of that article there were a lot of references to athletes getting their supplies from vets and that was a decade ago. Still going on man. Under the table shenanigans and back room trading for stuff you can't go to a doctor and get a prescription for. After a few people got popped posting themselves crap from Asia and blackmarket hot spots via customs, they decided to get it locally. And the point is you can. The companies are here for some things and when they won't give it to you there are a few dubious vets who will. I've even heard of people stealing from veterinary clinics.

There is a lot that goes on that people don't see. You can buy marijuana, well one molecule removed marijuana, at servos. There are a lot of sports supplements that should be banned because they mess heavily with your metabolism. If casual everyday people do stuff for aesthetics, then pros will certainly go after performance enhancing stuff. And yes, someone will always sell it. Not everyone has a moral compass or restraint. The almighty $$$ rules the hearts of many.
I agree with your reading 100% (I have some personal know how on Vets and PEDs dating back to the mid 80s) but was hoping there was some recent update on the GroPep/IGF story....

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 12-01-12, 05:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
Why would you assume any different? Do you go to a gym? Do you live in any major city in Australia? If gym members are running off to their mates who make a grand a week selling clenbuterol on the side that they get from a veterinarian, then what do you think professional athletes are doing?

There is a big difference between aesthetics and performance enhancing goals. Around the time of that article there were a lot of references to athletes getting their supplies from vets and that was a decade ago. Still going on man. Under the table shenanigans and back room trading for stuff you can't go to a doctor and get a prescription for. After a few people got popped posting themselves crap from Asia and blackmarket hot spots via customs, they decided to get it locally. And the point is you can. The companies are here for some things and when they won't give it to you there are a few dubious vets who will. I've even heard of people stealing from veterinary clinics.

There is a lot that goes on that people don't see. You can buy marijuana, well one molecule removed marijuana, at servos. There are a lot of sports supplements that should be banned because they mess heavily with your metabolism. If casual everyday people do stuff for aesthetics, then pros will certainly go after performance enhancing stuff. And yes, someone will always sell it. Not everyone has a moral compass or restraint. The almighty $$$ rules the hearts of many.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/dani...-1225785313709
Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: FORMER West Coast Eagle Daniel Chick has been apprehended at Perth Airport over steroids.
Old 12-01-12, 05:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
This first came out around 2000 before the Sydney Olympics. Are you inferring that this under the table supply is still going on?
was involved in the Operation Puerto scandal I do believe. The IGF-1 that Saiz had, was from Adelaide. Remind me, who was the director of the race in sleepy Adelaide. Could he possibly have hooked Manalo up with the Gropep boffin?
Old 12-01-12, 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
was involved in the Operation Puerto scandal I do believe. The IGF-1 that Saiz had, was from Adelaide. Remind me, who was the director of the race in sleepy Adelaide. Could he possibly have hooked Manalo up with the Gropep boffin?
Huh. No idea on the doctor's name. Did remind me of something Krebs Cycle posted recently, let me go find it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebs cycle View Post
Of course, anything less than labelling Armstrong as the cycling Satan in print clearly means that Dave Martin is in league with the devil himself and by extension the entire AIS runs a systematic doping program. In fact it was probably Ashenden himself that told Ferrari how to beat the test he and Dave helped to develop, and the AIS supplied the PEDs to Armstrong.
Old 12-02-12, 02:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Huh. No idea on the doctor's name. Did remind me of something Krebs Cycle posted recently, let me go find it...
using boffin, not meant to be "the Gropep MD doctor"
Old 12-02-12, 22:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
I agree with your reading 100% (I have some personal know how on Vets and PEDs dating back to the mid 80s) but was hoping there was some recent update on the GroPep/IGF story....
You are not the only one who wants an update.

Funny quote I see from Krebs was supplied. I did like a post of his from 3 weeks back. Spoke about what he'd like to see happen in the sport. Pretty much what I've been wanting. Was talking about a pure detection method for blood doping and how the science is there, the methodology just needs to be figured out and successfully verified. As far as I am concerned that is more important than a review.

Doping is sports is meh. I mean do people think alcohol and recreational drug abuse doesn't go on under your nose on a daily basis? Of course it does. I'd bet most high paid executives have some amphetamine addiction or use simply to get through the 60+ work hours per week they put in. Blackcat gives a link for one of the Subiaco wonder boys. Lots of money in Perth in various industries. I have no doubt that their former Captain left because the Weagles had major issues that went far beyond Ben Cousins demons.

The people behind most organisations know their friends and colleagues have drug problems and do squat. Eddie McGuire was rabbiting on about the Pies and the issues AFL has and how they are at the front of supporting players. That was this week. He can take that myopic PR garbage and shove it. They know how the game works. Don't attack your income source. Your competitive edge. Sportsmen are your biggest asset. It's about business and making money. Getting ahead, dominating, winning, beating the opposition, showing that you are the man. If true good is to prosper, then the BS needs to called out. The system most sports operate under protects the assets and hinders their ability to run clean. Dodginess is permitted as long as you perform. And then if you stray the media savy lackeys perform a hitman routine on your dirty laundry and attempt to purify it. No leaks equals no problem. They know the public are easily distracted by other less juicy things. They know the power of gullibility and work it like pros.

I found articles on this woman this week. Seriously I was perplexed. Strength coach to the Titans Rugby League team. Freelance and married to the CEO. All the talk is on her past. And no, it's not focused where it should be.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...5YgGrMZkDLFTRw

Do a google picture search. This shows how people think. They focus on the wrong thing. Search for Kortney Olson and check the pictures of her out. How a woman can attain that figure is beyond me. I've seen hundreds of female fitness models. This chic has bigger guns that most seasoned guys in the gym. Female fitness nuts, the bikini division you'd see at an Arnolds or Olympia body building show are what I expected to see. Then I saw one pick and needed to see more. Scary. One group has a partial aesthetic desire, this...opposite end of the spectrum. Women get this way by doing everything one should not do. I see that and my first thought is there is a reason besides your husband you have a job as a strength coach to men in the NRL. Albeit a bad team, but still very strong and fit men. There is a difference between ripped and pure bulk muscle. Women do not get the latter unless they're on something. I don't care she was a pron star or had a recreational drug issue or that she is boinking the CEO and has a role on the team, I want to know why someone who is too big for a female is a strength coach in a professional sports team because at the end of the day she is dodgy, dodgy, dodgy in regards to doping

Get the point? These types of people are embedded in sports. Get rid of one and you solve almost nothing. A spade needs to be called a spade, but as long as the press can focus on who you shagged back in the day, albeit whether you did so for a buck, is of greater concern than the drugs or doping practices you are more than likely instilling on others. If you go to certain trainers in Sydney gyms they can show you the ropes. Sports teams are just better financed versions that lose the aesthetic focus. Most people don't register or click when they see this. And yet they're doing a review...almost pointless. Showmanship, nothing more.

At least I can laugh at the whole process. This stuff is what this review should be dealing with. Psychology is a major issue. Why certain personalities and persons are in pro sports. The obvious needs to be spoken. Many are there because they are enablers with doping experience. The types who say one thing to the press about how they believe in clean sport and then allow their minions, customers and followers to dope to keep up with the opposition. After all, that isn't really cheating is it?

Last edited by Galic Ho; 12-02-12 at 22:29.
Old 12-03-12, 02:35

here she(?) is for you.

Old 12-03-12, 02:54

And where better than at Bondi beach?

The bikini top looks Not Normal.

Last edited by Tinman; 12-03-12 at 02:56.
Old 12-03-12, 02:56

the hat is from Neil Stephens in call me maybe.
Old 12-03-12, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
here she(?) is for you.

[/IMG]
She bumped into you at Hellfire?