National Football League - Page 186 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-30-12, 20:01

Add to that, Steelers will be without Ben.
Romo can't mess that up? All my Cowboy buds still betting against him. But I still think Dallas to prevail too.

On Palmer... he's actually not doing THAT bad this year if you look at his stats (20th overall). But Raiders are banged up on offense at RB and WR/TE, and even Carson has a sore thumb... I presume to the throwing hand. He prolly still gives them the best chance to win. But at 3-8, their wins were by small margins and their loses (including 4 straight today) have been, well, not very close for the most part. So they prolly will lose this one too, and it gets to the point where they may want to see what the backup QB can do.

Speaking of that, how about Matt Leinart??? He's #2 on their depth chart ahead of Pryor.
Old 12-01-12, 00:46
Administrator

Yes. If Palmer were injured on Sunday, they would likely put Leinart in. However, he's not the future there (or anywhere in the NFL. He's Quinn with a weaker, less accurate arm). I don't know that Pryor is the future there either. But he did play well in the pre-season, better than Palmer actually, and if the Raiders are going to chuck the season, soon would be a good time to see if Pryor has anything for the future. The Raiders have more problems than that though. They are finally dumping a lot of the big contracts that Al Davis signed in desperate hope of winning one last SB before he met his maker, and they still gave up way too many picks to get Palmer, and are paying him too much. If Mark Davis can run the team like his father did in the 70's, or the Rooney family has forever in Pittsburgh, then maybe in another 5 years we'll see the Raiders winning playoff games. Until then, they have as many problems as the Jets, or Eagles.
Old 12-01-12, 01:59
Administrator

who to start for this weeks matchups.... rg3 v the giants or romo v the eagles... i think the eagles are doing really bad just now so that should be good for romo but running yards count a lot in this game so rg3 might be better choice even if the giants are much better than the eagles :S
Old 12-01-12, 18:53

Normally I'd say RG3 (especially at home). But since it's Romo vs Eagles (and it is at Dallas), Romo may out -stat RG3. So that's a tough one. Eagles have some injuries on offense (Vick & McCoy are knowns), but injury to Eagles Center Reynolds could make a bad OL worse in a big way. Then if that makes it tough for the Eagles to do much on offense,then that should give Dallas more opportunities on offense. Edge: Romo.

Now Giants (@Wsh) have Eli back. If Giants offense is on a roll, it will put pressure on Skins offense to do the same. And Giants are a scary team defensively (Tuck, JPP, Osi). Lots of factors about this game that could go either way, but if Giants get lots of pressure on RG3 it could be a long day for him. Edge: Giants (not as good for RG).

Summary: This time, my Dallas buds would say I'm nuts, I would take Romo.
Old 12-01-12, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
Yes. If Palmer were injured on Sunday, they would likely put Leinart in. However, he's not the future there (or anywhere in the NFL. He's Quinn with a weaker, less accurate arm). I don't know that Pryor is the future there either. But he did play well in the pre-season, better than Palmer actually, and if the Raiders are going to chuck the season, soon would be a good time to see if Pryor has anything for the future. The Raiders have more problems than that though. They are finally dumping a lot of the big contracts that Al Davis signed in desperate hope of winning one last SB before he met his maker, and they still gave up way too many picks to get Palmer, and are paying him too much. If Mark Davis can run the team like his father did in the 70's, or the Rooney family has forever in Pittsburgh, then maybe in another 5 years we'll see the Raiders winning playoff games. Until then, they have as many problems as the Jets, or Eagles.
I like your crystal ball... report on Bleacher's saying Pryor likely to see time. Not start, mind you... just see time, which is different. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-browns-sunday
Old 12-02-12, 20:53

I can't believe the Chiefs are even playing today after what happened with Jovan Belcher yesterday.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 12-02-12, 23:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
I can't believe the Chiefs are even playing today after what happened with Jovan Belcher yesterday.
Truely sad. When it was announced yesterday, I immediately went to the Chiefs website to see where Belcher fit in the depth chart... and they already had removed his name from the roster and depth chart. Often these kinds of things galvanize a team... and the Chiefs won today at home, albeit against a poor Carolina team, but Chiefs were one win worse for the season than Carolina. Similar thing happened earlier this season to Baltimore Ravens Torrey Smith, who lost his brother. Team really rallied around Torrey.

Like I said, it is sad and everyone feels bad for the affected ones. But hats off to those teams for pulling through the adversity.
Old 12-03-12, 03:05
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3m@n@rmy View Post
Normally I'd say RG3 (especially at home). But since it's Romo vs Eagles (and it is at Dallas), Romo may out -stat RG3. So that's a tough one. Eagles have some injuries on offense (Vick & McCoy are knowns), but injury to Eagles Center Reynolds could make a bad OL worse in a big way. Then if that makes it tough for the Eagles to do much on offense,then that should give Dallas more opportunities on offense. Edge: Romo.

Now Giants (@Wsh) have Eli back. If Giants offense is on a roll, it will put pressure on Skins offense to do the same. And Giants are a scary team defensively (Tuck, JPP, Osi). Lots of factors about this game that could go either way, but if Giants get lots of pressure on RG3 it could be a long day for him. Edge: Giants (not as good for RG).

Summary: This time, my Dallas buds would say I'm nuts, I would take Romo.
rushing is such a huge part of the fantasy leagues though... so i have gone with rg3 :S although everytime i have a tough choice like this i pick the wrong guy :S..... i think romo has out passed rg3 but rgs rushing has won him major points in the fantasy league :S i will report back with the results later
Old 12-03-12, 04:00
Administrator

Pryor saw action. 0-1 passing. Raiders gave up 364 yards to Weeden, and look lost.

Really impressed with Seattle taking out The Bears, on Chicago, even missing two DBs. Big props to Wilson as well. I keep thinking back to Gruden camp, how much poise he showed. And he still seems very modest. And as Foxxy would note, like last years 49ers, the Bears rely too much on turnovers.

Do the Rams have the 49ers number, or what? Kaepernick played fair, and Harbaugh defended him after the game, but the Niners were simply outplayed.

Amazing comeback and win by the Colts!

The Packers were missing several key defenders, and yet, outside of one great run by Peterson, looked like the defense that won the SB. One week after being all but blown out against the Giants. What gives?

Even more injured overall, the Steelers and Charlie Batch grinded out a great win in Baltimore. Mike Tomlin and his coaching staff may be the best in the NFL. Very impressive how well they were prepped, and executed.
Old 12-03-12, 07:40

Actually, both Seattle DBs (Sherman & Browner) played because they appealed their NFL ban. If NFL upholds the ban, then their ban starts. But having them @ Chicago was huge because next 3 out of 4 games are at home (ARI, SF, STL) with one away (BUF).

One name... W I L S O N !!! And I don't mean Hanks buddy Wilson from Cast Away. Kid's as clutch as a veteran QB. Post game he said the game is fast, but that right now it is really slowing down for him, and he has learned how to put defenses in positions they don't want to be in. I heard on ESPN or NFL Gameday he had the best QB rating of all rookie QBs for the month of November, but I don't have numbers to back that. See QBRs below.

Rams have become a dangerous team that cannot be taken for granted. SF should have known that going into today.

QB ratings for week 13:

QB...............C/ATT.........YDS......TD.......INT.......QBR....... ...RTG
Quinn............19/23..........201..........2..........0..........97. 6..........132.1
Romo............22/27..........303..........3..........0..........96. 7..........150.5
McElroy..........5/7...............29..........1..........0.......... 95.9..........118.5
Cutler.............17/26..........233..........2..........0..........94. 8..........119.6
P.Manning......27/38..........242..........3..........1..........90. 2..........103.2
Wilson............23/37..........293..........2..........0..........85. 4..........104.9
Rodgers..........27/35..........286..........1..........1..........84. 6..........98
Kaepernick.....21/32..........208..........0..........0..........82. 4..........83.9
Stafford..........27/46..........313..........2..........1..........80. 7..........84.8
Fitzpatrick.......9/17............112...........2..........1........78 .6..........88.4
Weeden..........25/36..........364..........1..........2..........75. 4..........88.2
Newton..........15/27...........232..........3..........0..........73 ............121.2
Foles...............22/34..........251..........1..........0..........71. 1..........96.6
Palmer............34/54..........351..........2..........1..........62. 4..........86.3
Dalton.............25/39..........211..........1..........2..........60. 7..........65.2
Bradford.........26/39..........221..........0..........0..........59. 8..........81.2
Brady..............24/40..........238..........1..........1..........53. 5..........74.8
Batch..............25/36..........276..........1..........1..........53. 1..........89.6
Freeman........18/39..........242..........2..........1..........50. 7..........72.8
Schaub..........21/35..........207..........2..........0..........45. 6..........95.8
Ryan..............18/33..........165..........1..........0..........35. 4..........78.5
Luck...............24/54..........391..........4..........3..........31. 4..........70.8
Henne...........18/41..........208..........1..........1..........30. 7..........57.8
Rivers............26/48..........280..........0..........1..........28. 9..........62.8
Flacco...........16/34..........188..........1..........1..........23. 7..........61.9
Brees.............28/50..........341..........0..........5..........23. 4..........37.6
Locker...........21/45..........309..........1..........3..........15. 9..........49.2
Tannehill.......13/29..........186..........0..........0..........14. 3..........66.2
Sanchez........10/21..........97...........0..........3............4 .4..........21.4
Ponder..........12/25..........119..........1..........2............3 .1..........41.9
Lindley..........10/31..........72............0..........1............ 3..............28

- Cutler: played great, but Bears defense ran out of gas in the 4th. Chests were heaving.
- Luck: Lousy stats (except for 390 yards), but clutch performance.
- Kaepernick: Why was Jim Harbaugh pounding Kaep's pads pre-game? Unusual to say the least.
...Kaep's eyes said, "Coach… Stop… You are embarrasing me."
- Arizona: 8 losses in a row! Ouch!
- Sanchez: Time for Jets to go in new direction and see if McElroy can be the future.
- McElroy: He would be my new Jets starter.
- Romo: Shoulda had him for the fantasy team. Romo threw 3 TD passes to break Troy Aikman's career franchise TD record.
- Foles: looks like the future for Eagles, or should get serious shot at it.
- Batch: I'm no Steeler fan, but I love Batch in this game. Hero for Pitt played awesome down the stretch.
- Flacco: Raves look average, with no help from Flacco, and lays terd... at home... vs Batch-led Pitt.
- Brees: gave the game away.
- Finally, Brady Quinn: chappeau at such a needed time. Here's to KC and all those affected by the tragedy.

Last edited by on3m@n@rmy; 12-03-12 at 07:44.