World Politics - Page 1276 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 11-25-12, 06:37

Any thoughts on the Catalan election? Will they move towards independence further rocking Spain. Can't see how they can survive on their own though.
Old 11-26-12, 23:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
Any thoughts on the Catalan election? Will they move towards independence further rocking Spain. Can't see how they can survive on their own though.
Why not? Europe is full of quaint little nation states. If anything, being tethered to Spain -- with its enormous debt load -- is a liability. You can't blame them for wanting to go their own way.
Old 11-28-12, 16:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
catalonia (?) is one of the most prosperous part of Spain. They would manage themselves pretty well i recon. Have no idea how Spain will react to it though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs
Old 12-02-12, 04:00

US needs a another Clinton in the White House like cycling needs another doping scandal. What is the point of the UN when Israel do what they want anyway ? I see that more Jewish settlements are to be built on the Left bank even though the US advised against it.
Old 12-02-12, 21:48
Banned

Meanwhile, Borat became president of Slovenia.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20571215
Old 12-03-12, 11:05

Why our country is down the drain - Judge Judy >> Great video which highlights an important point.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-04-12, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Why our country is down the drain - Judge Judy >> Great video which highlights an important point.
For example. A woman has two children to two different fathers. She receives 18% of each father's wage plus family payments, plus sole parent pension if she is not working, plus rent assistance plus baby bonuses for each child, transport rebates, free medical, rebates for schooling. While someone on a disability support pension or someone caring for a elderly parent and trying to work is barely making ends meet. This is why our welfare system does not work. Gillard is in la la land, she wants to go and visit a few households where people are caring for autistic children or a parent with alzheimers. The people that want to work are handicapped by losing a high percentage of their benefit if they even try and work part time and example number one as above does not have to work. Where are the incentives ?
Old 12-04-12, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
i wonder what he was like before his 3 years of college?
Old 12-04-12, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricknd View Post
i wonder what he was like before his 3 years of college?
An impressive specimen. College educators take note. Look what you are sending out into the world and he still does not understand what the judge was trying to tell him. It was his money, end of story.
Old 12-05-12, 00:56

Dutch friends, what do you think about this?

I thought Wilders wasn't having any role running the place?
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.