General News Thread - Page 645 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6441  
Old 12-04-12, 15:58
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 23,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
lemond simply believes any rider with bigger capacity than him is doped.
Btw which guys did lemond accuse of doping ?
__________________
The Hitch: 3rd place week 43 2014 cq game. Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #6442  
Old 12-04-12, 23:30
Zinoviev Letter Zinoviev Letter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
So gadret leader for tour
That seems most likely.

They have two established GC riders. One is Italian and one is French. It seems pretty obvious where they will send them.

They also have some guys who are potential GC riders, Betancur most obviously. But they won't go into the Tour or Giro as absolute leader over Pozzovivo or Gadret. Betancur will additionally be leader in the hilly classics.

There are few different pressures on them though that will effect team selection. Both Gadret and Pozzovivo have generally ridden the Giro before. But I don't think they can send them both there, because (a) they are a French team and (b) Gadret is unlikely to embrace the idea of being a domestique.
Reply With Quote
  #6443  
Old 12-04-12, 23:52
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,703
Default

gadret won't ride the tour. he hates that race. he will go in giro as a "leader", just as pozzo and betancurt will have free role. ag2r are never team of leaders, just bunch of free guys
Reply With Quote
  #6444  
Old 12-05-12, 01:04
Zinoviev Letter Zinoviev Letter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
gadret won't ride the tour. he hates that race. he will go in giro as a "leader", just as pozzo and betancurt will have free role. ag2r are never team of leaders, just bunch of free guys
But what are Ag2r's options? Do you really think that they will send their two GC riders and best potential GC rider all to the Giro? And just let them all do their own thing?

That might keep all the riders happy, and you are right that Ag2r have been pretty bad at working for a leader, but it's also insanity for a French team that exists only because of the value of the Tour to their sponsor.
Reply With Quote
  #6445  
Old 12-05-12, 01:21
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 23,338
Default

Lets not totally forget Dupont. Like GAdret he totally sucked balls last year (and my dirty mind assumes it may have been a bit of a team problem) but this was the guy who 2 years ago was as a domestique dropping Nibali and Scarponi and kreuziger.
__________________
The Hitch: 3rd place week 43 2014 cq game. Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #6446  
Old 12-05-12, 03:50
Zinoviev Letter Zinoviev Letter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Lets not totally forget Dupont. Like GAdret he totally sucked balls last year (and my dirty mind assumes it may have been a bit of a team problem) but this was the guy who 2 years ago was as a domestique dropping Nibali and Scarponi and kreuziger.
We've also forgotten Peraud, who like Dupont did nothing last year, but did manage a Tour top 10 two years ago.

I suppose they could bring Appollonio, Dumoulin and a pretty strong stage hunting team.
Reply With Quote
  #6447  
Old 12-05-12, 04:16
Ferminal Ferminal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 16,503
Default

Peraud is 36 though, plus his top10 was crash assisted. Best he can hope for is top10s in one week races.
Reply With Quote
  #6448  
Old 12-05-12, 08:29
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post
But what are Ag2r's options? Do you really think that they will send their two GC riders and best potential GC rider all to the Giro? And just let them all do their own thing?

That might keep all the riders happy, and you are right that Ag2r have been pretty bad at working for a leader, but it's also insanity for a French team that exists only because of the value of the Tour to their sponsor.
there is peraud.
Reply With Quote
  #6449  
Old 12-05-12, 10:16
18-Valve. (pithy) 18-Valve. (pithy) is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinoviev Letter View Post
But what are Ag2r's options? Do you really think that they will send their two GC riders and best potential GC rider all to the Giro? And just let them all do their own thing?

That might keep all the riders happy, and you are right that Ag2r have been pretty bad at working for a leader, but it's also insanity for a French team that exists only because of the value of the Tour to their sponsor.
I think so, yeah, because Gadret has been pretty much confirmed to ride the Giro in an interview, and Pozzovivo and Betancur as well. They need points more than anything else, so why not focus on the "other" GTs?

As for the Tour, I guess they'll focus on stage hunting and bunch sprints.
__________________
"The likelihood of cheats succeeding in the London Olympics is somewhat remote." - David Howman, WADA Director General
Reply With Quote
  #6450  
Old 12-05-12, 10:19
Bavarianrider's Avatar
Bavarianrider Bavarianrider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 3,695
Default

Today the route of the Bayernrundfahrt gets presented.
It will be totally boring as usual, i am sureure
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.