2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-05-12, 04:31

Default 2013 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

Same as last year race routes and rider schedules.

Will start with a big one. Probably posted by someone else before.as its 2 months old but havent seen much discussion on it so- camc may could skip.the tour and go for the ultimate achievement- the 5

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=56408

"my main goals will.be pr.and.flanders. I might skip the tour especially since theres no prologue. What do i have left to prove there?" it might be better to have a rest and prepare for the second half of the season".

Could.hurt andy in the ttt too.
He also says " i dont want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrofice everything for the tour". Glad to see people in the peloton calling vdb out too. Though one might ask why he left.out a certain teammate from the criticism.

Also, apparently this is quintanas schedule

Mallorca
Tour med
Haut var
Murcia.(defending champion)
Catalunya ( wonder what that will be like)
Pv
Dauphine
Tour

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-sais...nce-29141.html

Pozzovivo will do.giro and then undecided between tour and vuelta though imo a 2nd gt is good.news. Hope.its vuelta and not a weak.attempt like.scarponi or gadret.

http://www.velochrono.fr/actu/2012/p...-pas-a-lechec/

Schleck will do the ardennes as a season goal it seems ( because remember last year the conclusion was that the bros had raced too hard in previous years and ended up weaker for.the tour.)

(from cn article)

Quote:

According to Guercilena, Schleck will ride the Tour Down Under, Tour Mediterranéen, Tour de Haut-Var, Tirreno-Adriatico and Tour of the Basque Country as preparation for the Classics, although his pre-Tour de France build-up is yet to be established.
Apologies for.what is old news.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 12-05-12 at 04:34.
Old 12-05-12, 10:26

It was in another thread but its better have it in one place.

Sanchez confirmed for Giro and Vuelta,not racing Tour
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sanc...espana-in-2013

Nico Roche race schedule if they are in WT

Quote:
I have the beginning of the year. I will be starting with the Tour of the Med, Haut Var, then working my way towards Paris-Nice, Pays Basques and then the Classics. So it is a pretty similar programme to what I did in other years…apart from Med and Haut Var, which I haven’t done for years. I was always in Algarve or Italy.
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 12-05-12, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
He also says " i dont want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrofice everything for the tour". Glad to see people in the peloton calling vdb out too. Though one might ask why he left.out a certain teammate from the criticism.
Not like Wiggins didn't have results outside of TDF this year though. VDB and Andy Schleck are much better examples. Hopefully AS has realized by now that the "one-peak-a-year" tactic is just ridiculously risky.
Old 12-05-12, 10:46

Quote:
Yeah, I'd hate to be Wiggins and win every WT race I started before the Tour...

Cancellara has this strange habit of voicing opinions I somewhat agree with, and then adding total nonsense. The exemption of criticism for Andy is indeed interesting. He's the ultimate "I only care about the Tour" rider.

But I hope he has less bad luck this season. Boonen really needs a worthy opponent.
Old 12-05-12, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post

Cancellara has this strange habit of voicing opinions I somewhat agree with, and then adding total nonsense. The exemption of criticism for Andy is indeed interesting. He's the ultimate "I only care about the Tour" rider.
I think Cancellara is calling out Andy Schleck here, but since they are on the same team this is probably a better way to do it.

Otherwise agree with habit of the frequent nonsense habit.
Old 12-05-12, 11:40

I am the only which likes the Quintana's calendar? In Dauphiné he will demonstrate that he must be the leader of the team in Le Tour. Even today is a better climber than Valverde, he only needs to demonstrate that he could be consistent.
Old 12-05-12, 11:49
Administrator

i wonder if since both valverde and quintana are riding the tour, if it means costa will skip it to focus on the autumn classics. he hinted he would do that a few months ago
Old 12-05-12, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
I am the only which likes the Quintana's calendar? In Dauphiné he will demonstrate that he must be the leader of the team in Le Tour. Even today is a better climber than Valverde, he only needs to demonstrate that he could be consistent.
Quintana in TdF as leader on Movistar.

Hard to see if Valverde is on the same team and still with ambitions. Opportunities can pop up, but El Bala is pretty ruthless when it comes to big targets.
Old 12-05-12, 13:30

Quote:
Wasn't this something to do with weight loss?
Old 12-05-12, 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
It was in another thread but its better have it in one place.

Sanchez confirmed for Giro and Vuelta,not racing Tour
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sanc...espana-in-2013

Nico Roche race schedule if they are in WT
Samu also said he will retire in 2016 you know where.

And he will be almost identical age to.vino. Cant see it though.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.