Sky - Page 949 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-05-12, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Always the same boring songs by the Barmy Army. And I forgot you Fingers. You must have felt left out. Maybe not getting your bonus recognition.
You can't complain about what they're saying when you come at me like that and insinuate I'm on Sky's payroll. Or is it McQuaid I'm working for?

For the record I was merely making an observation over the shift in posting in the thread.
Old 12-05-12, 14:08

Quote:
OK. It's official. Cycling's Barmy Army has created so much crap noise that no-one is interested any longer in this thread. Well done Vickers, Eyesore, Hawkwood and others. Team Sky will be proud of you and you will receive your bonus soon. Soon there will no longer be a cycling news forum in fact, and you may receive your second installment. Congrats achieving your objectives.

Mods if you are in today maybe time to consider some action, or maybe time to close the shop soon. Not much value dialing in here much longer. Worse than the post season crit circus.
In the history of this thread, some of the highlights have included the suggestion that Sky caused the death of their own soigneur, who they were using as a guinea pig for the programme that they then implemented on Wiggins; we've had the suggestion that Chris Froome came second in the Tour, while riding at half pace and having to constantly check his power meter to make sure he kept his wattage within plausible limits; a fairly lengthy discussion of which side of Kilburn high-road Wiggins grew up in; the assertion that Wiggins is definitely working with Ferrari, but unfortunately the slam-dunk evidence of this, that one poster has seen is, ermm, secret; and now we've had the allegation that UCI were complicit in a plot to make Wiggins win the Tour, in order to sell tickets to an event that they weren't organising, didn't profit from, and was already sold out before the Tour.

I'm just interested, in your considered opinion, exactly why is today the day that this thread has become worse than the post-season crit circus, and will the Hog, Dear Wiggo, Dirty Works et al also be receiving a bonus from Sky for similar services rendered?
Old 12-05-12, 14:11

Quote:
Always the same boring songs by the Barmy Army. And I forgot you Fingers. You must have felt left out. Maybe not getting your bonus recognition.
Good point - the Moderators let the threads become a circus...usually caused by the Sky sockpuppets....the mods are either lazy or it suits them to let the threads derail. The latter I think, because cycling is becoming a farce and that would mean less readers of Cycling News.
Old 12-05-12, 14:13
Administrator

Quote:
OK. It's official. Cycling's Barmy Army has created so much crap noise that no-one is interested any longer in this thread.
This thread has been full of crap noise for months. It's just all been one way. Now the crap noise coming from the anti-Sky faction has got so crap that it's given the pro-Sky faction some easy ammunition with which to return fire. Identifying one-handed riding as an indicator of doping is one thing. Making up conspiracies that are easily proven to be complete and utter b*llocks is something else.

And in the imortal words of Corporal Jones, "They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwairing." The Germans didn't, and neither do the anti-Sky faction.
Old 12-05-12, 14:36

Crap from one side is no excuse to post crap in return.
Old 12-05-12, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundabout View Post
It is however a general rule of thumb for internet forums
Old 12-05-12, 14:58
Banned

Quote:
OK. It's official. Cycling's Barmy Army has created so much crap noise that no-one is interested any longer in this thread. Well done Vickers, Eyesore, Hawkwood and others. Team Sky will be proud of you and you will receive your bonus soon. Soon there will no longer be a cycling news forum in fact, and you may receive your second installment. Congrats achieving your objectives.

Mods if you are in today maybe time to consider some action, or maybe time to close the shop soon. Not much value dialing in here much longer. Worse than the post season crit circus.
But we need more evidence, Tinman, don't let the conspirators win!!!

Aaaggghhh!! Spliter!!!
Old 12-05-12, 14:59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundabout View Post
It is occasionally a useful corrective. and so much more fun than just trying to bring reason where it is clearly not wanted...

Last edited by martinvickers; 12-05-12 at 15:05.
Old 12-05-12, 15:03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Chic View Post
Good point - the Moderators let the threads become a circus...usually caused by the Sky sockpuppets....the mods are either lazy or it suits them to let the threads derail. The latter I think, because cycling is becoming a farce and that would mean less readers of Cycling News.
Dear God!!

The Cyclingnews Mods are in on this too?? Are the Mods Sky sockpuppets?? Or have Sky sockpuppets bought off the Mods?? With free tickets for Box Hill!! And a saucy photo of Cath Wiggins!! That's it!! The circle is nearly complete!!

We can't let this go, we're so close, so close to the truth....
Old 12-05-12, 15:27

Quote:

Don't blame me, I walked in on some posts that were so crazy that naively I posted some evidence trying to disprove them. It was only after a number of posts that I realised the Sky thread had morphed into an Oozlum bird. As for Team Sky, I'm not like a football fan who follows teams, I have always followed individual riders namely Merckx, De Vlaeminck, Millar (Robert), Indurain, Ludo Dierckxsens, Cipollini, and Cavendish, only one of these has been in Sky.

Last edited by Hawkwood; 12-05-12 at 15:32. Reason: to add name to list