Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 184 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-05-12, 06:25

The Hitch had this quote from Cancellara in another thread: "I don't want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrifice everything for the tour."

? Wiggins won three stage races and an Olympic gold, and I thought he was planning on the Giro in 2013. Is Fabian joking or is this a subtle and high praise for Bradley's capabilities?
Old 12-05-12, 07:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanatic View Post
The Hitch had this quote from Cancellara in another thread: "I don't want to be like wiggins and vdb and sacrifice everything for the tour."

? Wiggins won three stage races and an Olympic gold, and I thought he was planning on the Giro in 2013. Is Fabian joking or is this a subtle and high praise for Bradley's capabilities?
I would interpret what he said as more being about Wiggins' lifestyle which allowed him to win all of those things, 2 of which were preparation for the Tour and the other came within a week of it when he had the form.
Old 12-05-12, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by argyllflyer View Post
I would interpret what he said as more being about Wiggins' lifestyle which allowed him to win all of those things, 2 of which were preparation for the Tour and the other came within a week of it when he had the form.
This. Training for most opf the year and a sparten lifestyle I'm assuming, and plenty of time away from the family
Old 12-05-12, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by argyllflyer View Post
That is correct. He said he couldn't make so many sacrifices in order to win the Tour. He wasn't speaking about his "Tour only focus", that wouldn't even make sense anyway. He won Paris-Nice, Romandie, Dauphiné and Olympic Gold Time Trial.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-05-12, 22:30

Yeah, Cancellara usually says lots of bull**** but not this time. He was just refering to Wiggins freakish life style leading up to the Tour. About VDB, that was funny and completely spot on
Old 12-06-12, 20:29

Lightbulb Sportsman of the Year

Bradley Wiggins is British sports journalistsí Sportsman of the Year
Old 12-06-12, 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevim View Post
Yeah, Cancellara usually says lots of bull**** but not this time. He was just refering to Wiggins freakish life style leading up to the Tour. About VDB, that was funny and completely spot on
But also pure hypocrisy considering he left Saxo to join his good friends that he did not criticize. In fact, VDB2 isn't even as bad as Andy Schleck.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 12-06-12, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
But also pure hypocrisy considering he left Saxo to join his good friends that he did not criticize. In fact, VDB2 isn't even as bad as Andy Schleck.
VDB2 is as bad as AS. The dude gets an orgasm when he thinks podium tour.

Come man, you can't do it, not even podium!!! Just go to the giro instead of the media tour!!!

At least Andy can win it. And VDB2 seems to be a bit of a ******, don't know him personal but he didn't me give good impressions.
Old 12-07-12, 02:47

BMW helps motivate young lad improve his health:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifesty...e-shed-1471247
Old 12-07-12, 06:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcrank View Post
BMW helps motivate young lad improve his health:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifesty...e-shed-1471247
good for him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LBsWCNE9I

Vuelta 06 - the greatest gt in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24TQdI7csHs