Sky - Page 958 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-06-12, 17:42

Default Who will sky miss most?

We could set up a poll (not that I know how to do that), with the question: who will sky miss most:

Yates
Jullich
Leinders
Rogers
Dowsett
Flecha
Nourdhaug
AN other

Might be interesting to see how the "debate" has shifted forum members opinions.

Do polls have to be in new separate threads?
Old 12-06-12, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRanton View Post
There are now 200,000 more people cycling regularly in Britain than there were a year ago:

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/abo...lar-cyclists-0

Look at all the good things they're doing!
Well, well, well a boost in cycling at all levels including the UCI's competitive niche while a British road cycling team has a magical 2012 season. At least the UCI's big sponsors Shimano, Merida and Giant will like that news.

It's easy to criticize the numbers though. It looks like they are taking a sample, then blindly factoring from there, which is classic Marketing hype and not terribly truthful.

http://www.gofundme.com/a4mlho

https://twitter.com/FitnessLawyer

This is a good time for her to tell her story.
Old 12-06-12, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
We could set up a poll (not that I know how to do that), with the question: who will sky miss most:

Yates
Jullich
Leinders
Rogers
Dowsett
Flecha
Nourdhaug
AN other

Might be interesting to see how the "debate" has shifted forum members opinions.

Do polls have to be in new separate threads?
Yes they do - I've added it for you.
Old 12-06-12, 18:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolophonic View Post
That is very kind of you .. i think there are a few ways of looking at this statement. The way they completely crushed the peloton this year and the line "back off performance" does not sound like bad morale .. more like no more hot sauce..
Indeed. When Brailsford started talking about "relaxing" their zero-tolerance policy, performance went through the roof. Now he's talking about having a much stricter policy and hinting that there could be a decrease in performance...

Makes you wonder whether he's just really bad at PR or if he's actually giving us little hints on purpose. I guess the theory will be "confirmed" when we see how they perform next year (particularly the 4 remaining Tenerife guys)
Old 12-06-12, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
Indeed. When Brailsford started talking about "relaxing" their zero-tolerance policy, performance went through the roof. Now he's talking about having a much stricter policy and hinting that there could be a decrease in performance...

Makes you wonder whether he's just really bad at PR or if he's actually giving us little hints on purpose. I guess the theory will be "confirmed" when we see how they perform next year (particularly the 4 remaining Tenerife guys)
You mean 5, right?

Wiggo
Froome
Porte
Siutsou
Knees
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 12-06-12, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
They've still got Ferrari so they'll be just fine.
Not sure they work with Ferrari, did anyone notice in the usada files Ferrari telling LA during the last stages of the '09 TdF "thank you for killing that Garmin" in an email ?

Was it about Wiggins ? (both where fighting for the podium at that time)
Old 12-06-12, 22:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGT View Post
I feel so annoyed.

A group of lads I go out with are so in love iwth the a year in yellow doc and just cannot see through all the BS thats there.

Its bloody Man Utd all over.
I bet JV is kicking himself for not getting some media sponsorship happening - it's a delicious coup of PR perfection, I reckon.

Has there ever been another pro cycling team sponsored by a large media org?

ETA: feel for your frustration. That sucks!

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 12-06-12 at 22:02.
Old 12-06-12, 22:07

An ex Sky just posted that zero policy wasn't a publicity stunt.

You don't employ Yates, Flecha or Rogers without maybe wanting to ask about their history. And if we know them, Dave B did.
Old 12-06-12, 22:58
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Didn't see those at the Tour. Think you're wrong.

[B]Dave Bruyneel might know better.
You are hard work Mr Hog and the cause of my Email getting cluttered up with complaints about you

If you have proof of a Sky/Ferrari link please share, if not please desist with that claim. Also, please stop the name conjunctions which are being reported as trolling.

Folks, lets get this thread back on track to a (aherm) healthy debate about all things Sky which MAY be clinic related

Cheers.
Old 12-06-12, 23:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
You are hard work Mr Hog and the cause of my Email getting cluttered up with complaints about you

If you have proof of a Sky/Ferrari link please share, if not please desist with that claim. Also, please stop the name conjunctions which are being reported as trolling.

Folks, lets get this thread back on track to a (aherm) healthy debate about all things Sky which MAY be clinic related

Cheers.
what boring clowns would report the name conjunctions? they're well funny keep going hoggers