Which member of staff will Sky miss the most? - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

View Poll Results: Which Member of the Sky team will they miss the most?
Leinders 14 27.45%
Yates 8 15.69%
Jullich 9 17.65%
Rogers 12 23.53%
Dowsett 0 0%
Flecha 2 3.92%
Nourdhaug 3 5.88%
AN other 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-12, 21:53

Peters will be available still surly?
Old 12-06-12, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sceptic View Post
So Sky dont have any doctors anymore? Who is gonna take care of all the dirty work then?
Alan Farrell - Joined the team in 2012, was the Doctor at all three GT's in 2012. Young lad from Ireland, only graduated about ten years ago.

Rich Usher - GP, used to be the doctor for the british rugby team, worked for the WTA and ATP. Works part time for sky.

Richard Freeman - Been with sky since the start, spent 4-5 years at Bolton Wanderers (who definately dont have a doping policy), hes not full time as he still works for the NHS.

Phil Riley - Former GP, was also a doctor at Bolton. Doctor in rugby as well. With sky for a couple of years.
Old 12-07-12, 00:08

The easiest question in town, the answer, the Doctor.
Old 12-07-12, 03:30

Parker surely? Not enough marginal gains.
Old 12-07-12, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
Alan Farrell - Joined the team in 2012, was the Doctor at all three GT's in 2012. Young lad from Ireland, only graduated about ten years ago.

Rich Usher - GP, used to be the doctor for the british rugby team, worked for the WTA and ATP. Works part time for sky.

Richard Freeman - Been with sky since the start, spent 4-5 years at Bolton Wanderers (who definately dont have a doping policy), hes not full time as he still works for the NHS.

Phil Riley - Former GP, was also a doctor at Bolton. Doctor in rugby as well. With sky for a couple of years.
Are they a medical practice or a sports team?
Old 12-07-12, 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post

How can you be so sure Bolton don't dope? I don't think they would have stopped just because of what happened to Muamba.
Old 12-13-12, 00:45

I think the original premise of this poll was from coineach posted on the Sky thread as a question on how much the debate (if you can call it that) has shifted. I'm assuming as a result of Sky having got rid of a number of members of staff recently.
I'm not sure what insight this poll gives us as all candidates are have been connected to possible/probable doping.
However seeing that Leinders is out in front i'd guess that the conclusion would be that nothing has changed those that believe/want to believe that Sky dope remain the same those that believe/want to believe that Sky are clean (tended to vote for Rogers) remain unchanged.
The Sky thread will role on indefinitely!!
Old 12-13-12, 01:02

Cavendish.
Old 12-13-12, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Cavendish.
F*ck Yes! How the f*ck did i forget him?? I suppose it was because i just copied the names from the post and didn't really think about it.
That's gonna cost them albeit they didn't really set their team around him this year anyway. To have the best sprinter leave ain't good!
IF you notice all of the contenders are doping related so probably why they forgot as well.
I also forgot to include Barry - D'oh don't think it would have made too much difference though..
Old 12-13-12, 03:18

Julich, for genuine coaching reasons (ie: how to get the most out of your "program"). Leinders can probably be replaced by any competent Dr who has experience supporting professional athletes.