Sky - Page 960 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 12-07-12, 01:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galic Ho View Post
That is a load of crock mate. Maybe not complaining to you personally, but I know personally that clown has filed tons of complaints about any poster who posted anything he couldn't stomach. I deleted his PM that said so, but he admitted as much.

WTF is up with the forum. Barrus an admin gets a ban? Seriously, I provided an option months back for the influx of trolls that came here after the Tour. Ban them all permanently. An early Xmas present. I honestly feel sorry for the mods with the number of complaints I can imagine they get. There are too many pu$$ies in this place. Too many bleeding heart lightweight cry babies. At least back in the day Arbiter was funny.

There are a select minority on this forum who believe the rules should bend for their interests and believe the Clinic's core purpose and function should be changed. They're going to be banned when a Sky rider pops positive and that is going to happen some time. Better to give them the shaft now and save the forum the misery of hundreds of pages of drivel and deflection. This has happened before...anyone remember Polish?

thehog trolling? Does thehog file complaints and spam you ferryman? How about the mods just tell the sooks to STFU and grow a sack and fill it with some nads? It'd help everyone. Half the derailments are from Brits upset a British race team is being questioned or talked about. That says enough. The same broken jingoism for hundreds of posts...deflect, deflect, twiddle thumbs, use your fingers, deflect deflect and then finally go into attacking the character rather than the issue at hand. If these people don't like the posts there are plenty of other forums out there. Maybe they can go join Dimspace and sit round and sing Kumbaya and talking about the awesomeness of Team Sky? Maybe a Christmas get together is on the cards? After all, they all live in the UK. thehog actually talks about the thread...aka he talks about Sky. Go and look at the forum guidelines about what constitutes trolling. Those filing the complaints and spamming you are the trolls. Heaven help those people if they did this on YouTube or Facebook. It'd be a massacre. Nobody holds your hand on there.

So has Rogers left yet? Anyone know? Heard talk. Saxo or Sky? Don't send him to Bjarne...he'll be crap again. Contador doesn't need a turn coat who can't be employed any longer credibly because of some idiotic clap trap Brailsford made riders sign. Of all the riders on Sky I want to see get popped, he's pretty much at the top of my list. Maybe this Aussie cycling review can unearth something.
I love

It's not personal., when someone complains all mods get the E mail in our Email box.

thehog trolling? Does thehog file complaints and spam you ferryman? How about the mods just tell the sooks to STFU and grow a sack and fill it with some nads? It'd help everyone.

WTF, I've sent you a PM so you can explain (or not) this complete nonsense.
Old 12-07-12, 02:02
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
I don't know what to say.

Recently I've opened to excellent threads; One was "what's constitutes proof of cleanliness" the other "when did cycling become 'clean'?"

There was excellent points made from several posters. I observed and really enjoyed the comments made by all on those specific threads. I don't see a lot of others opening such threads. They just block conversation on Sky threads with "there's no proof" etc. and "where's the link?"

Those two threads were born out of the Sky thread and provided excellent debate which enrich this forum.

To the jokes on the Sky thread; if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at? Sometimes humor is the only was to show irony or bring to the table a point.

If better I'm happy to withdraw from Sky related threads. If that makes others feel more comfortable I'll do so. I don't post everyday but like to offer a counter balance of the doping culture in cycling and sometimes that's best done in jest.

Re: Ferrari. Ferrari has been a major influence in cycling for the last 20 years. He solely has had the biggest impact on cycling by any one person in this timeframe. Is he still being consulted? Yes he is. Is he working with Sky? I don't know. But I believe through the information and links that I've shown that there is a possibility that he is. The weight loss, the power, the training bases etc. all point to a possibility that he MIGHT be consulting with them.

Many know about Richie Porte and the "off the record" comments he made in relation to Sky. No there's no link but doesn't mean he hasn't spoken and that people don't know about it.

If people want me off the Sky threads I'll refrain from posting to them. But it's my feeling after what we saw in 2012 that Sky at minimum are suspicious. Is it not fair that I shouldn't write that I'm skeptical? and throw in some humor to keep the debate flowing?

Are we all really that serious that we can't have a laugh and debate cycling's biggest cancer ? - doping.

Believe me there are several forums around where you can talk about Sky with no doping talk and revel in their success.

Do we really want to not voice some skepticism? Especially after the way that cycling has gone in the last 20 years.

My view is that some need to lighten up and maybe throw some humor back at why they think Sky are the real deal.

I'm good with that.
Hi Mr Hog,

I was only responding to the number of complaints we received today (it is not the mod's opinion necessarily when we post). Please do not stop posting with your insights (or not).
Old 12-07-12, 03:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
Hi Mr Hog,

I was only responding to the number of complaints we received today (it is not the mod's opinion necessarily when we post). Please do not stop posting with your insights (or not).
Complaints means censorship
Old 12-07-12, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Tell us more Bruce. According to google he has no past to speak of, only medals and awards that seem to come out of nowhere.
Someone else mentioned this to me privately. Check his wiki. It says he raced for a French amateur team, but does not say who. And there is no mention of him racing, anywhere, that I can find. Yes, it was allegedly an amateur team, but still...

There's also a rumour his CV was possibly fabricated to an extent when he went for and got the job as performance director at BC. All hearsay and no specifics or evidence, alas.
Old 12-07-12, 04:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Complaints means censorship
So my Ferrari connection of "Rogers", "Yates" and "Tenerife" has all gone.

Strange that.

Majorca.

A goccia a goccia s'incava la pietra.
Old 12-07-12, 06:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post

There's also a rumour his CV was possibly fabricated to an extent when he went for and got the job as performance director at BC. All hearsay and no specifics or evidence, alas.
He has a very checkered career before cycling I understand. Various different jobs, including one as a perfume salesman or something I recall reading somewhere.

But for the current superman behind the huge BC and Sky success it is remarkable no-one seems to know or ask about his background before he got involved in cycling, his early career experiences that "shaped" him, his childhood, parental influences, etc. There is simply no information, nor anyone asking. As far as I can tell (via extensive google searches).

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 12-07-12, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
To be fair to JF, I don't think he has submitted any complaints. But most of the complaints received so far in my role of mod have been by Sky fans (my perception, don't go ape) on the Sky thread.

I really don't think they are trying to get anything shut down. Just a wee bit misleaded
This: no complaints from me, but the thread does get pretty tribal.
Old 12-07-12, 07:15

Quote:
He has a very checkered career before cycling I understand. Various different jobs, including one as a perfume salesman or something I recall reading somewhere.

But for the current superman behind the huge BC and Sky success it is remarkable no-one seems to know or ask about his background before he got involved in cycling, his early career experiences that "shaped" him, his childhood, parental influences, etc. There is simply no information, nor anyone asking. As far as I can tell (via extensive google searches).
Same here. Lots of looking, not finding much. One of the big amateur teams in France has a pretty extensive website but nada.
Old 12-07-12, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Someone else mentioned this to me privately. Check his wiki. It says he raced for a French amateur team, but does not say who. And there is no mention of him racing, anywhere, that I can find. Yes, it was allegedly an amateur team, but still...

Interesting you finish a mention of a unsubstantiated rumour with 'alas', doesn't come across as very objective. Sounds like you are looking for dirt where there is none. Sky aren't all the pantomine villains you want them to be. Except Froome, he's a wrong 'un
Old 12-07-12, 07:25

Quote:
Tell us more Bruce. According to google he has no past to speak of, only medals and awards that seem to come out of nowhere.

You mean the past where he lived in France at his dads and rode for a local club but has developed into him riding as a pro in France?

The fact that the team had to tell him to keep out of team meetings as he screwed things us should tell us all we need to know about his road experience.