Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 185 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-07-12, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
But also pure hypocrisy considering he left Saxo to join his good friends that he did not criticize. In fact, VDB2 isn't even as bad as Andy Schleck.
what are you talking about? should we compare jvdb and andy schlecks results here?
Old 12-07-12, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
VDB2 is as bad as AS. The dude gets an orgasm when he thinks podium tour.

Come man, you can't do it, not even podium!!! Just go to the giro instead of the media tour!!!

At least Andy can win it. And VDB2 seems to be a bit of a ******, don't know him personal but he didn't me give good impressions.
Does anyone actually believe that Andy will win the Tour ? The problem is somewhere between "can and "will."
Old 12-07-12, 18:54

We know CF is a fake person, but W also looks like a little B****. He even considered leaving Tour when CF left him alone. LOL More drama is unfolding.

" CF has again denied that he deliberately looked to distance Bradley Wiggins on La Toussuire at the Tour de France and expressed his regret that his Sky teammate supposedly considered leaving the race that evening."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froo...gainst-wiggins
Old 12-07-12, 19:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what are you talking about? should we compare jvdb and andy schlecks results here?
Could you please learn to read for once? It's tiring to keep responding to someone who can't understand the most simple things.

Andy Schleck is much more talented hence gets better results.

JVDB is less talented hence gets worse results.

Yet JVDB at least does well in stage races like Dauphiné, Pais Vasco, Catalunya, Algarve while Andy Schleck is pathetically bad in every race he does except the Ardennes and the Tour.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-07-12 at 19:18.
Old 12-07-12, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Could you please learn to read for once? It's tiring to keep responding to someone who can't understand the most simple things.

Andy Schleck is much more talented hence gets better results.

JVDB is less talented hence gets worse results.

Yet JVDB at least does well in stage races like Dauphiné, Pais Vasco, Catalunya, Algarve while Andy Schleck is pathetically bad in every race he does except the Ardennes and the Tour.
Ughh if you are including his 12th in Pais Vasco ten Schleck got that in Pais Vasco as well last year, 11th in Amstel and 8th in Cali.

That on top of Liege and Tour de France.

And he usually also does worlds but noth last 2 years because it was a sprint).

But surprise surprise different standards for the Belgian.

Andy is partly excused because he can actually win the Tour and stages and get his face and name out there. Van den brouke can only manage a top 5 anonymously if enough people crash out, yet still chooses that over everything else.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 12-07-12 at 19:30.
Old 12-07-12, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Ughh if you are including his 12th in Pais Vasco ten Schleck got that in Pais Vasco as well last year, 11th in Amstel and 8th in Cali.

That on top of Liege and Tour de France.

And he usually also does worlds but noth last 2 years because it was a sprint).

But surprise surprise different standards for the Belgian.

Andy is partly excused because he can actually win the Tour and stages and get his face and name out there. Van den brouke can only manage a top 5 anonymously if enough people crash out, yet still chooses that over everything else.
He was actually much better placed until the time trial in Pais Vasco where he decided to not take risks because of the rain.

Andy only does the Tour and Ardennes and he's much more talented than JVDB. Andy is not excused because he's clearly under-performing given his massive talent.

JVDB has been in the top 5 in the Tour on 2 occasions, so I don't see why you need to insult him with "if enough people crash out". He can make it into the top 5 on any route no matter who's at the start line. And he actually attacked quite a bit in the mountains this year, so why are you calling it anonymously? Did you even watch the race or were you too far with your head up your ...?

Andy could've won multiple GTs already, but hasn't. I can't say the same about VDB2. Besides, he was pretty good in the Vuelta of 2011.

Andy Schleck has never finished a WC road race. Are you really going to use that as an argument? It's a lot harder to make it into the Belgian squad than the Luxembourg squad by the way.

And can I also point out JVDB was actually a GOOD DOMESTIQUE in the Ardennes for Gilbert in 2011? Or didn't you watch those races either? Considering you can't even type his name correctly, I'm not sure why you're participating in this discussion? Your knowledge about the subject is non-existing.

Before you get even angrier I'd also like to point out that I'm not a JVDB fan. I think he has too much of a focus on the Tour de France, but I also think Andy Schleck is much worse than him considering the amount of talent he has. If JVDB had Andy's talent, oh boy...

Andy did pretty much nothing this year and you can't blame that on injuries. His injury started at the Dauphiné. He could barely finish a race the months before that. Aren't you always arguing that results from 2009 are irrelevant by the way?

Ps: you do realize when I'm talking about the Ardennes classics that I also mean AGR right? So your AGR argument doesn't make much sense either as I included it in my post already.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-07-12 at 20:01.
Old 12-07-12, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmartin View Post
We know CF is a fake person, but W also looks like a little B****. He even considered leaving Tour when CF left him alone. LOL More drama is unfolding.

" CF has again denied that he deliberately looked to distance Bradley Wiggins on La Toussuire at the Tour de France and expressed his regret that his Sky teammate supposedly considered leaving the race that evening."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froo...gainst-wiggins
I blame Froome's actions on La Toussuire on experience and youth, not his trying to be insubordinate. Wiggins on the other hand, is a disappointment.
His reactions fall under the category of a Diva, drama queen. For his own pr and image it would've been wise to omit that section from his book. It may the honest truth but it doesn't reflect well on him as a competitor.
Old 12-07-12, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Didn't Andy say he raced too hard leading up to the tour that year? which is why he changed his approach this year and which is mainly why his best result up till his injury was a 22th spot in Sarthe.
Old 12-09-12, 05:52

BMW wins Tour with a little help from his (Aussie) friends:
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/12/09...ussie-cycling/
Old 12-09-12, 09:18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
I blame Froome's actions on La Toussuire on experience and youth, not his trying to be insubordinate. Wiggins on the other hand, is a disappointment.
His reactions fall under the category of a Diva, drama queen. For his own pr and image it would've been wise to omit that section from his book. It may the honest truth but it doesn't reflect well on him as a competitor.
I find it strange that someone whose own belief in himself is so shaky as those pages suggest is hard enough mentally to win. He sounds like a belligerent teenager.

That said, I think it is refreshing that we have a real character at the top of the sport!