The most spetacular hunger knocks - Page 5 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-07-12, 10:36

I think I remember Andy having a pretty good hunger knock in 2007 Tour and also Armstrong in I think 2003 Tour when he beat Ullrich by a minute or so on GC. From what I remember he did not drink enough and was dehydrated as well on what was a really hot day.
Old 12-07-12, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
I think I remember Andy having a pretty good hunger knock in 2007 Tour and also Armstrong in I think 2003 Tour when he beat Ullrich by a minute or so on GC. From what I remember he did not drink enough and was dehydrated as well on what was a really hot day.
Andy was in 2008 on the stage to Hautacam, where Voight dropped Piti on Tourmalet and Canc fell back from the BotD to drill it on the downhill.
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 12-07-12, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens_attacks View Post
170 riders of the peloton on poggio 2013, milan-san remo. all of them couldn't even put it in the big ring

here it is. i saved the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...QI87-A#t=3017s

passo coe 2002, authentic pajarones gallore. poor cadel and frigo. 2002 wasn't such a funny year.
I can't believe it took 25 posts to mention this incident. Evans on the Passo Coe was one of the most memorable and dramatic examples.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-07-12, 15:09

Hunger knocks are when your body runs out of carbs - your body can only gets its fuel from your fat, not to be confused with anearobic debt - which will happen when you go to fast up a mountain.
Old 12-07-12, 22:17

Roman Kreuziger, Giro d'Italia 2012 st. 17. See 2:11:30; 2:13:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyTgxeGNWNU
Old 12-07-12, 23:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by plooton View Post
Roman Kreuziger, Giro d'Italia 2012 st. 17. See 2:11:30; 2:13:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyTgxeGNWNU
Someone who hasn't got the new "Kreuziger is a crappy rider" fever that has been going on since that day. It was just a bad day, not his regular level. Welcome aboard
Old 12-07-12, 23:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevim View Post
Someone who hasn't got the new "Kreuziger is a crappy rider" fever that has been going on since that day. It was just a bad day, not his regular level. Welcome aboard
indeed, i very much liked his response the next day to every1 particularly martinelli with attacking on the second to last climb, catching the break and taking the win solo.
Old 12-08-12, 23:18

Indurain in Valico Sta Cristina, Giro 1994

Landis, Toussuire 2006
Old 12-09-12, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
indeed, i very much liked his response the next day to every1 particularly martinelli with attacking on the second to last climb, catching the break and taking the win solo.
And that's exactly why Kreuziger will stuggle to win or podium a grand tour, his lack of consistency, even the though the stage win in the Giro was a very good one.
Old 12-10-12, 01:08

Probably not the most spectacular but McEwan had a shocker one one of the TDF mountain stages. I'll have to pull out his book to see when but make an wonderful read of what it is like when you are totally spent.