Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 12-07-12, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Froome:

Froome,Alberto and Andy.All for TA,it should be a great race.When the route will be released?
So wiggins to get back to back Pn's
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 12-07-12, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Of course .As for Wiggins I think Alberto is something like evil competitor for Wiggo,he wont meet with him in single race next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
Excuse me for my English
Old 12-07-12, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
That's weird, I was sure I read somewhere that Wiggins would do T-A to prepare for the Giro. Surely, they're not sending Froome and Wiggins to the same race again?
Old 12-07-12, 22:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
Of course .As for Wiggins I think Alberto is something like evil competitor for Wiggo,he wont meet with him in single race next year
Thats because Contador will show Wiggo up and highlight what a bore Wiggo is.
Old 12-07-12, 22:35

I would prefer to see a Wiggins vs Contador battle here since they should be both in decent shape. I would rather keep Froome and Velasco apart until July in order to keep the suspense
Old 12-08-12, 05:30

Cronulla Criterium:

1. Michael Matthews
2. Aaron Gate
3. Jens Mouris

The three sprinted for victory after they went away from the bunch in an early breakaway.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 12-08-12, 08:49

Any video or picture gallery?
Old 12-10-12, 04:55

This is for Zam and Libertine who often remind us that women race too. The latest edition of Australia's premier cycling magazine has one of their favourite riders on the cover - remarkable for the fact that the rider is a female (and not an Australian one at that). I'm not 100% sure (will have to check back issues), but I think this is the first time a female has been on the cover. Congrats to Ride magazine.

http://www.ridemedia.com.au/
Old 12-10-12, 19:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
why not? already this year he scored major points everywhere and acqua had perhaps the s***iest program of any pct team.
That last part is true but he might need to take some time to adjust/ get teammates to support him.
In races like the classics Valverde, Gilbert and others will beat him, whilst at the Giro riders like JROD (if he can ride now) would beat him on those stages.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

"No one is dropping Simon Gerrans."
Old 12-10-12, 20:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
That last part is true but he might need to take some time to adjust/ get teammates to support him.
In races like the classics Valverde, Gilbert and others will beat him, whilst at the Giro riders like JROD (if he can ride now) would beat him on those stages.
you can become top ten wt without winning any monument and betancurt doesn't need a team. I have yet to see a rider other than sagan who can place himself and read a race as well as he does.